Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2014, 02:45 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,954,215 times

Advertisements

Happened to come across this:

Real-world doctors fact-check Dr. Oz, and the results aren't pretty

Anecdotal evidence is probably the last thing you want to use to apply heath treatments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2014, 04:44 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Happened to come across this:

Real-world doctors fact-check Dr. Oz, and the results aren't pretty

Anecdotal evidence is probably the last thing you want to use to apply heath treatments.
To be perfectly honest I don't take anything he says seriously. Dr. Oz is nothing anymore, but an entertainer. That is my opinion and I am sticking to it...

Old 12-22-2014, 05:19 AM

10 posts, read 49,084 times
i hate those shows, all they do is inflicting fear. Plus many are believing their crap advise.
Go see a real doctor.

Old 12-22-2014, 07:24 AM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
To be perfectly honest I don't take anything he says seriously. Dr. Oz is nothing anymore, but an entertainer. That is my opinion and I am sticking to it...
I agree - "Dr. Oz" is an entertainer, and a paid shill.

Old 12-22-2014, 09:59 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menuet View Post
i hate those shows, all they do is inflict fear.
A case of ...is the glass half full or half empty.

I see these shows as offering help and a lot of hope.
They have missed a few times...so...as if MDs in their fields haven't.
(Way more than a few times!)

Old 12-23-2014, 09:52 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menuet View Post
i hate those shows, all they do is inflicting fear. Plus many are believing their crap advise.
Go see a real doctor.
you are so right, if people want to watch these shows for the pure pleasure; go for it, but don't take them seriously at all. Lets face it, every single ache or pain we have could be a million things, generably they are nothing. It is just like here only maybe worse. Here, at least we talk back and forth about our experinces. The progams on TV and the blogs take a couple of minutes and convince everyone who is gullable they are going to be dead or crippled in a week if they don't watch out. It is like reading the warning signs of side effects on the lates perscription the doctor gives us. I can't see one positive thing about these medical programs other than entertainment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness