Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2016, 11:50 AM

1 posts, read 2,014 times

Advertisements

Over the course of the past month or so, I have been discovering welts-- I don't know if they are bites or an allergy but they are itchy, fairly hard to the touch, and grow in size and pink/redness to the slighest scratch . I noticed this first series of welts while I was eating Chinese food one weekday night on the couch and stopped chewing to investigate a pesky itch. Shortly thereafter, nearly 8 itchy red medium sized welts appeared over my forearms--5 on my arm, 2 on the other, and a welt on my neck. Originally I had thought they were mosquito bites as shortly prior to these welts I had been bitten and found mosquitoes in my bedroom. But they feel different than that.
Roughly a week later, while talking with our overnight guests on a Sunday Morning, 2 large welts seemed to be appearing before our eyes on my left forearm. There seemed to have been a brief haitus on these welts/bites/reactions for the past 4 weeks and yesterday morning I woke up with another one on the side of my right hand.
My initial reaction is that they may be bed bugs-- but I havent found any evidence of them... My partner whom I share a bed with has NEVER gotten these, but insects in general have an affinity for my blood for some reason. So I'm not ruling anything out- just wondering if anyone on here can offer some insight as to whether they are bites/ allergies/ reactions and from what.

-----PICTURE ATTACHED ----
Attached Thumbnails
Are these bed bug bites?-img_3580.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2016, 12:03 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
Looks like hives - probably allergic to what you ate, or are eating. I used to get that all the time when I was young.

Old 01-13-2016, 12:57 PM

195 posts, read 216,534 times
It sounds like an allergic reaction. Could be to laundry detergent, soap, etc. You should probably see your Dr. My best friend suddenly developed allergies to oddball stuff and had spots like that for years. Then it abruptly went away

Old 03-14-2016, 10:26 AM

2 posts, read 5,478 times
Symptoms of Hives

Hives are a very interesting reaction, since they can come and go over a 24-hour period. For instance, a hives outbreak may last several hours, disappear, and another reaction will occur somewhere else on the body. After the hives disappear, your skin will likely look normal.

Let’s look at all the key symptoms associated with hives:

* Severe itching
* Flesh-colored, white, or yellow bumps or welts on your skin that are surrounded by inflammation and redness
* Rash-like appearance spreading or merging to create one large affected area
* Possibly changing appearance or shape of the affected area but when a bump is pressed, the center momentarily turns white
* Swelling beneath the skin, or angioedema.

Your symptoms are sounded like you're having hives. Please see the Doctor ASAP. Source of this information: How to Get Rid of Hives

Old 03-14-2016, 10:31 AM

44,620 posts, read 61,578,192 times
Photos typical bed bug bites...
What Do Bed Bug Bite Look Like? Pictures of Bed Bug Bites

Old 03-14-2016, 11:14 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,400,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icontroltheweather View Post
Over the course of the past month or so, I have been discovering welts-- I don't know if they are bites or an allergy but they are itchy, fairly hard to the touch, and grow in size and pink/redness to the slighest scratch . I noticed this first series of welts while I was eating Chinese food one weekday night on the couch and stopped chewing to investigate a pesky itch. Shortly thereafter, nearly 8 itchy red medium sized welts appeared over my forearms--5 on my arm, 2 on the other, and a welt on my neck. Originally I had thought they were mosquito bites as shortly prior to these welts I had been bitten and found mosquitoes in my bedroom. But they feel different than that.
Roughly a week later, while talking with our overnight guests on a Sunday Morning, 2 large welts seemed to be appearing before our eyes on my left forearm. There seemed to have been a brief haitus on these welts/bites/reactions for the past 4 weeks and yesterday morning I woke up with another one on the side of my right hand.
My initial reaction is that they may be bed bugs-- but I havent found any evidence of them... My partner whom I share a bed with has NEVER gotten these, but insects in general have an affinity for my blood for some reason. So I'm not ruling anything out- just wondering if anyone on here can offer some insight as to whether they are bites/ allergies/ reactions and from what.

-----PICTURE ATTACHED ----

Not bedbug bites, IMHO. I've had them, and they appear in the morning, in sets of three, always. "Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner" is what they're called. Bedbugs only come out late at night and when you're fast asleep.

These must be an allergic reaction to something. Have you changed your laundry soap lately? New towels or shirts?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness