Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 07:56 AM

2,482 posts, read 8,733,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
Nasonex makes my noise bleed, gives me the drips, and makes my throat scracthy.
I'm on Nasonex as well. Or was. It was okay other than the funny taste in my throat afterwards. That stuff is mucho expensive though! :O
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2008, 08:12 PM

677 posts, read 4,211,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Lombards View Post
Another thing I'm wondering is if my allergies have gotten worse from Claritan. In other words, I wonder if I have a weakened immunity to allergins as a result the Claritan. Time will tell.
From my understanding that's not how anti-histamines work. Histamine is released by your immune system as part of its attack against antigens (things that are harmful to your body, like bacteria and viruses). In the case of allergies, your immune system is recognizing things like dust and pollen as harmful even though they're not, and attacking. There are receptors for histamine all over your body. When molecules of histamine bind to those receptors, it causes the runny nose, itchy eyes, whatever your allergy symptoms are. When you take Claritin, it binds to the histamine receptors so that histamine molecules can't, and then you don't get the allergy symptoms. It doesn't do anything to the cells of your immune system that attack antigens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness