Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2016, 12:26 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,711,339 times

Advertisements

I've been wearing contact lenses for almost a year. I can wear them up until lunch time, then they start to get very blurry. Using contact lens eye drops usually helps, but only temporarily.

The next time I go to the optometrist, I'm thinking about asking for a different brand of lenses. I'm currently wearing B&L PureVision 2 Toric.

Has anyone else had this problem? Did switching brands fix it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2016, 01:04 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,872,184 times
I had that problem in one eye. I wear gas permeable lenses and switching brands wouldn't make a difference for my particular kind of lens.

Mine was caused by ocular rosacea, which also showed up as dryness and redness in the outer corner of my eye.

You can also get blurry contact lenses if you have undiagnosed or uncontrolled diabetes.

Old 09-13-2016, 01:06 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
I've been wearing contact lenses for almost a year. I can wear them up until lunch time, then they start to get very blurry. Using contact lens eye drops usually helps, but only temporarily.

The next time I go to the optometrist, I'm thinking about asking for a different brand of lenses. I'm currently wearing B&L PureVision 2 Toric.

Yes, I had that problem and yes, switching brands helped immediately. Good luck!

Old 09-13-2016, 01:08 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
If you want to switch, most places will give you a trial pair so you don't have to spend a lot of money (on whole boxes of lenses) finding what works best for you.

Old 09-13-2016, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
If you want to switch, most places will give you a trial pair so you don't have to spend a lot of money (on whole boxes of lenses) finding what works best for you.
Yes, this exactly. I just went to go look at the type my doctor put me into which really worked. They are AirOptix. Very light and much better than whatever I used to wear.

Old 09-15-2016, 10:54 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,475,528 times
I use Acuvue 2 and and am very happy with them. They stay moist and are very comfortable. They are economical and last a long time. They are considered disposable but each pair will last me months if I clean them every day.

ACUVUE® 2® Brand Contact Lenses - Hydrogel Contacts | ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses

Old 09-15-2016, 03:14 PM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:

It sounds like it could be dry eye. In addition to the drops, make sure you're drinking enough water and that you're not staring at a computer screen for hours without giving your eyes a break.

When my doctor diagnosed me, she did order lenses made from a different material (I wear rigid gas perms,) but she also wanted me to make sure I give my eyes regular breaks from wearing lenses and suggested an eye drop regimen.

Old 09-15-2016, 03:22 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,960,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
It sounds like it could be dry eye. In addition to the drops, make sure you're drinking enough water and that you're not staring at a computer screen for hours without giving your eyes a break.

When my doctor diagnosed me, she did order lenses made from a different material (I wear rigid gas perms,) but she also wanted me to make sure I give my eyes regular breaks from wearing lenses and suggested an eye drop regimen.
Very good points. Many people are on the computer all day and staring at a computer will dry your eyes out and strain them quickly. People also often wear their contact lenses too much. I wear Air Optix Multifocal for Presbyopia and they are the most comfortable lenses I've worn in the last decade. I don't tolerate contact lenses well. My eyes get pretty dry and I have a muscle imbalance that makes glasses a better alternative. But the comfort level of Air Optix can't be beat. I work for an optometrist and he prescribes them more than other brands. Patients generally prefer them over Acuvue. Biofinity is another brand that patients find comfortable, and for daily throwaways, they like the Focus Dailies.

Old 09-16-2016, 07:44 AM

6,160 posts, read 5,711,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post

I do work at a computer all day, but I get up and walk around every two hours or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Very good points. Many people are on the computer all day and staring at a computer will dry your eyes out and strain them quickly. People also often wear their contact lenses too much. I wear Air Optix Multifocal for Presbyopia and they are the most comfortable lenses I've worn in the last decade. I don't tolerate contact lenses well. My eyes get pretty dry and I have a muscle imbalance that makes glasses a better alternative. But the comfort level of Air Optix can't be beat. I work for an optometrist and he prescribes them more than other brands. Patients generally prefer them over Acuvue. Biofinity is another brand that patients find comfortable, and for daily throwaways, they like the Focus Dailies.
I've been hearing great things about Air Optix. I'll have to try them out.

I wear my contacts M-F, and really only to work. Once I get home, I usually take them out and put in glasses. Some of my coworkers wear their contacts 24/7. Yikes!

Old 09-16-2016, 08:06 AM

Quote:
I do work at a computer all day, but I get up and walk around every two hours or so.

I've been hearing great things about Air Optix. I'll have to try them out.

I wear my contacts M-F, and really only to work. Once I get home, I usually take them out and put in glasses. Some of my coworkers wear their contacts 24/7. Yikes!
Try the Air Optix - they are great.

Like you, I just wear my contacts during the day. And if I know I am going to be out that evening, I sometimes take them out when I get home, let them soak, clean them off, put some eyedrops in, and then I can wear them that evening. But I can't go from 7 am to 11 pm in them - they wear me out.

Have you tried any of those cooling eye drops with the hint of menthol or peppermint in them? Sounds awful, but wow, they feel great to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness