Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2016, 05:55 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,227,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Colonoscopies are more money makers for the medical establishment than panaceas and they are just a diagnostic tool They don't fix anything or improve your gut in anyway. A) They only go two feet up the 25 foot long digestive tract.The other 90+ percent, the don't even bother looking at. B) There are risks involved as you already have experienced.

Personally I would not even bother with the colonoscopy. If I had one and they found something, I wouldn't use any of "their" conventional methods to treat it anyway. My first Naturopathic Doctor and former M.D. used to say, you can always do a healing program AS IF you had cancer. There is no need to know whether you have it or not especially if you are the type that is going to let yourself get freaked out by the diagnosis.

It turns out we all have cancerous cells at least 6 times in our lives that the body usually gets rid of. It isn't the scary death sentence they want us to think it is. Rather it is their cancer treatments that kill.

If I already know I have a problem with my digestive tract, I would fix it by changing my diet to as close to an all raw fruit and vegetable diet as I could and by and taking the necessary whole herb supplements to expedite healing with the help pf an herbalist or naturopath.

You might find just by taking Slippery Elm in between meals and Dr. Ohira's probiotics, might be enough to balance out your gut and stop the bloating. Other good herbs to heal the digestive tract are licorice, marshmallow, ginger, ginseng for starters. Goldenseal or Oregon Grape Root and garlic are good for fighting bacterial infection if you think that might be causing the problem. Also I would do a parasite cleanse, just in case.
Wow...

Could you be any MORE wrong in one post???

1. A colonoscopy looks at the colon....as in the large intestine. The large intestine is approximately 5 feet long NOT 25 feet and a typical colonoscopy allows direct visualization of the ENTIRE colon not "2 feet of it". Colon cancer is a disease of the large intestine NOT the small intestine.

2. Colonoscopies are NOT just diagnostic but also THERAPEUTIC. There are varied therapeutic uses for a colonoscopy but even in a routine exam polyps can and are REMOVED not just OBSERVED

3. Naturopathic "medicine" is an absolute JOKE and I wouldn't trust any of "their" opinions about procedures that Naturopaths aren't licensed to perform anyway. (for that matter Naturopaths aren't licensed period in most states)

4. Fortunately the entire rational medical community and educated patients unlike yourself would completely disagree with your ridiculous assertion that "there is no need to know if you have cancer"

Truly one of the most absurd statements I have ever heard....no need to know if you don't mind dying of colon cancer I suppose. All the herbal treatments in the world won't do a thing for a stage III cancer that could have been detected and treated at a precancerous stage effectively by a simple and SAFE colonoscopy...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2016, 06:16 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,693,429 times
I just had one was sound asleep as said the prep also is lots easier. They use a better drug to let you sleep then it is all over.

The prep also is way easier what I did not like was the IV needle but the nurse was nice-

Old 12-15-2016, 10:11 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Wow...

Could you be any MORE wrong in one post???

1. A colonoscopy looks at the colon....as in the large intestine. The large intestine is approximately 5 feet long NOT 25 feet and a typical colonoscopy allows direct visualization of the ENTIRE colon not "2 feet of it". Colon cancer is a disease of the large intestine NOT the small intestine.

2. Colonoscopies are NOT just diagnostic but also THERAPEUTIC. There are varied therapeutic uses for a colonoscopy but even in a routine exam polyps can and are REMOVED not just OBSERVED

3. Naturopathic "medicine" is an absolute JOKE and I wouldn't trust any of "their" opinions about procedures that Naturopaths aren't licensed to perform anyway. (for that matter Naturopaths aren't licensed period in most states)

4. Fortunately the entire rational medical community and educated patients unlike yourself would completely disagree with your ridiculous assertion that "there is no need to know if you have cancer"

Truly one of the most absurd statements I have ever heard....no need to know if you don't mind dying of colon cancer I suppose. All the herbal treatments in the world won't do a thing for a stage III cancer that could have been detected and treated at a precancerous stage effectively by a simple and SAFE colonoscopy...
He/she lost me with the 25ft remark.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness