Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 05:57 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,834,641 times

Advertisements

Hmmmmmmmm thats wierd,I havent ever seen those kind!! (Yes I imagine they could break quite easily)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2017, 07:50 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,957,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Yes indeed and now you have these cheop-o people trying to force PLASTIC on you because they are so cheap now they dont wanna order glass!!!! (I have had many try to scare me about getting glass since 2000 or so.. (Whenever my first eye exam was after 2000,I dont remember now) ... I have gotton glass all my life and in my opinion,GLASS IS THE BEST THING FOR OUR VISION!!)

Its just a cheap $$$$$$ scheme.....We have to suffer because of these people and its sad...... (You can get glass but they will try to give you flack for it)
That's not the reason. (I'm an optician, BTW). We discourage glass for safety reasons. Glass shatters and can cause severe damage to your eye if it does that. Glass lenses are actually CHEAPER than plastic. Still, if patients want glass lenses, we will do as they wish. But they take about a month to come in, far longer than the various plastics do.

That article is an excellent one. I didn't see one important point mentioned however; once patients get their new glasses, coming in for regular adjustments insures optimal vision. Glasses don't stay in alignment perfectly the entire one or two years the patient wears them. It they start feeling uncomfortable, are tight, loose, etc, bringing them in for an adjustment will really help. And be sure and put them on and take them off with both hands every time. Many people take them on and off one handed, which maladjusts them quickly.

Old 01-18-2017, 11:00 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,050,932 times
When a patient goes to their provider to pick up new glasses, they should meet with the optometrist for a glasses-check to ensure the prescription is accurate.

In my situation, any minute deviation will adversely affect the prescription, and yet they tell me to just wear the glasses for several weeks to get accustomed to them.

The lab that prepares the lenses is critical; there are labs that are lower in cost and lower in quality. The optical shop I went to last year switched to a lower quality lab (yet still charged me the high price), and the lenses had to be reground three times and they're still not right. The provider ended up with a good chunk of my money and I ended up with ineffective glasses. There was no refund, they just told me that my eyes are so bad that I shouldn't expect anything better. BS!!!

Old 01-18-2017, 11:55 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,834,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks
That's not the reason. (I'm an optician, BTW).
Well thank you very much for your input my friend!!

I am glad to know if someone wants Glass,you will order it for them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness