Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 08:43 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,246,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Your Sister should be dealing with her child, his fever, taking him to the doctor and sitting up with him.
This child is not your responsiiblity and neither is the older child.
I understand you care what happens to them however, you really need to quit allowing your family to take advantage of you like they do.
Where is your sister? Where is the child's father? Why aren't they tending to their own child?
Amen!!

A 6 week old with a bad fever needs a doc ASAP not a face cloth and your guesstimate for meds.

"I don't have a ride" is not acceptable.

Please tell me this child has health insurance. I remember, in previous posts,you mentioned you don't go to doctors or dentists. Please tell me this isn't why this baby isn't being cared for properly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2017, 09:45 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,450,731 times
Quote:
Your Sister should be dealing with her child, his fever, taking him to the doctor and sitting up with him.
I understand you care what happens to them however, you really need to quit allowing your family to take advantage of you like they do.
Where is your sister? Where is the child's father? Why aren't they tending to their own child?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Amen!!

A 6 week old with a bad fever needs a doc ASAP not a face cloth and your guesstimate for meds.

"I don't have a ride" is not acceptable.

Please tell me this child has health insurance. I remember, in previous posts,you mentioned you don't go to doctors or dentists. Please tell me this isn't why this baby isn't being cared for properly.
Why are you scolding the OP?

If I recall, the parents are unemployed and have drug and alcohol issues. I seriously doubt there is anyone with health insurance in the household.

The OP is most likely taking better care of the baby than the parents. She's doing the best she kniws how to do.

Old 04-09-2017, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Why are you scolding the OP?

If I recall, the parents are unemployed and have drug and alcohol issues. I seriously doubt there is anyone with health insurance in the household.

The OP is most likely taking better care of the baby than the parents. She's doing the best she kniws how to do.
Because this could be a life or death issue with a 6 week old infant!

I have no idea as to the parents background but this child needs to be seen STAT.

Old 04-09-2017, 11:42 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,137,108 times
Quote:
It's a loooong story but shes in and out right now. Her and my brother in law go back an forth between here and his moms house and thats several hours away. She was clean during her pregnancy but she started using again recently not as bad as before but she got back on it. She was able to get in to a rehab but she was kicked out several days ago bc of paperwork at first, but then she was trying to bring drugs on to the facility and that means you cannot come back. Thats what I heard from my BILs mom, not sure if that's what happened. Now they are at her house, looking for jobs. My sister was living here and everything was going good bc she broke up with my BIL (again) when she was about six months pregnant and they hadn't talked during that time because he was in jail. He was released and then thats when all of that started. Anyway, I take care of my new nephew and my other nephew or sometimes they just take one, etc. Sometimes his mom keeps both, it just depends but thats whats been going on.

Old 04-09-2017, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsadaisy View Post
It's a loooong story but shes in and out right now. Her and my brother in law go back an forth between here and his moms house and thats several hours away. She was clean during her pregnancy but she started using again recently not as bad as before but she got back on it. She was able to get in to a rehab but she was kicked out several days ago bc of paperwork at first, but then she was trying to bring drugs on to the facility and that means you cannot come back. Thats what I heard from my BILs mom, not sure if that's what happened. Now they are at her house, looking for jobs. My sister was living here and everything was going good bc she broke up with my BIL (again) when she was about six months pregnant and they hadn't talked during that time because he was in jail. He was released and then thats when all of that started. Anyway, I take care of my new nephew and my other nephew or sometimes they just take one, etc. Sometimes his mom keeps both, it just depends but thats whats been going on.

What a mess. Is child services involved? Those kids are not safe with her at all. Ever.

Is the baby still sick? Can you get to a doctor? Uber? Ambulance if needed.

If you have no money for Uber & that baby is ill, PM me. I'll pay.

Old 04-09-2017, 12:17 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,450,731 times
Quote:
Because this could be a life or death issue with a 6 week old infant!

I have no idea as to the parents background but this child needs to be seen STAT.
Which is why everyone told her to get medical attention for the baby. Shaming a person who is trying to get help in a bad situation isn't actually helpful.

Old 04-09-2017, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Which is why everyone told her to get medical attention for the baby. Shaming a person who is trying to get help in a bad situation isn't actually helpful.
But offering to pay for her transportation is...

What did you offer to do?

You don't want anyone to "scold" her? Lol. That's exactly what you are doing...scolding people.

Old 04-09-2017, 01:06 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,137,108 times
Quote:
What a mess. Is child services involved? Those kids are not safe with her at all. Ever.

Is the baby still sick? Can you get to a doctor? Uber? Ambulance if needed.

If you have no money for Uber & that baby is ill, PM me. I'll pay.
Thank you for the offer & I appreciate it but I dont think uber comes out here? I'm in a small town and the nearest city is more than an hour away. My ex is giving me a ride tomorrow to go take him since my BILs mom gave me the insurance info. I just couldnt take him to a clinic bc I didn't have a ride or any money at most of those small clinics they want cash up front for a visit I think. I have taken my brothers and sisters before no problem but only bc I get their insurance info from my mom but with my nephews it's different. I got his fever down and he's been okay but I'm gonna take him anyway. I was just worried because he seemed sick and wasn't really crying as much as he normally has been. I got really used to his routine and suddenly that changed pretty drastically so I guess thats why I was worried. I just thought a mom or a parent on here would know what I could do.

Old 04-09-2017, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsadaisy View Post
Thank you for the offer & I appreciate it but I dont think uber comes out here? I'm in a small town and the nearest city is more than an hour away. My ex is giving me a ride tomorrow to go take him since my BILs mom gave me the insurance info. I just couldnt take him to a clinic bc I didn't have a ride or any money at most of those small clinics they want cash up front for a visit I think. I have taken my brothers and sisters before no problem but only bc I get their insurance info from my mom but with my nephews it's different. I got his fever down and he's been okay but I'm gonna take him anyway. I was just worried because he seemed sick and wasn't really crying as much as he normally has been. I got really used to his routine and suddenly that changed pretty drastically so I guess thats why I was worried. I just thought a mom or a parent on here would know what I could do.
That's good. Great choice. In the future, if desperate, go to the ER. They don't require funds up front. They will deal with insurance later.

Yes. Lack of crying is even more of a concern especially when you noticed the baby was "drastically" different. If things turn worse, please call an ambulance. Please. There could be 1000 issues going on especially with an addict mom etc.

Thank God he has you...

Last edited by LLCNYC; 04-09-2017 at 01:30 PM..

Old 04-09-2017, 02:26 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,101,529 times
Quote:
That's good. Great choice. In the future, if desperate, go to the ER. They don't require funds up front. They will deal with insurance later.

Yes. Lack of crying is even more of a concern especially when you noticed the baby was "drastically" different. If things turn worse, please call an ambulance. Please. There could be 1000 issues going on especially with an addict mom etc.

Thank God he has you...
Yes, next time go straight to the emergency room. They will fix him and you can deal with the money part later.

Some states even have free healthcare for the indigent. Here in Fort Lauderdale at the very extensive Broward Hospital system, we have MOPED (Medical Options for Patient Eligibility Department) for those who need it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness