Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 08:06 PM

1,713 posts, read 1,107,437 times

Advertisements

I've drunk one cup of coffee in my entire life and only because it was free. Looks like my plan to eat rubbish, die by fifty and stop worrying is right on track.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2017, 10:38 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,951,921 times
I drink a hot steaming cup of half and half every morning.

Half coffee, half whiskey!

Old 05-01-2017, 05:02 AM

1,026 posts, read 1,514,547 times
Idk...I dated a guy that hated coffee, and insisted it was bad for you. I mentioned all the studies that show the benefits, and he of course still refused to believe it. I just thought it was weird to insist that something's bad for you, just because you don't like it. It was sort of ironic, since he drank alcohol just about every day, it seemed, and eventually got a DUI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I wish I could drink it, but gave it up because it was giving me literally crippling anxiety....
I used to make a huge latte w/my espresso machine every morning when I was in college. Now, I don't really feel like I need it as much, but I still drink it. although, a lot less, and not as 'religiously'. I don't even really like it that much, but sometimes I want some, for some reason, even though it probably doesn't help the anxiety. but it does seem to get things going. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
"I'm going to have a cup of coffee and then go to bed".
haha, my dad is like that too, he'll get up, have coffee, then go back to bed.

Old 05-01-2017, 06:41 AM

11,582 posts, read 6,736,853 times
I used to hate coffee until I had my 2nd child! My husband made me a delicious cup with flavored creamer. Never looked back. I need my coffee in the morning and then around 2pm. It must be flavored though! He jokes that I should have some coffee with my creamer! Lol

Old 05-01-2017, 07:05 AM

19,803 posts, read 9,362,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Coffee works wonders for me and has for nearly 50 years. Anything that makes you feel as good as coffee does just can't be doing the harm that some have long been claiming.

Example....contrary to what we've all heard for eons, a good cup of coffee with my favorite cinnamon vanilla creamer actually lowers my blood pressure* and thus puts a double smile on my face.

The older I get, the less attention I pay to diet fear-mongering.

* That's my experience. Your mileage may vary.
Ain't that the truth! (bolded part)

I don't know how many times I have seen diet/nutritional warnings, only to have the "experts" say, "Oops, sorry, we were wrong. Never mind."

For many years, I have just ignored the experts and eaten whatever I want in moderation.

However, I just read an article saying that one was at higher risk for dementia and strokes if one drinks even one can of diet soda a day, so I will be switching to water or herbal tea when I want a cold drink.

Old 05-01-2017, 07:24 AM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,487 posts, read 3,338,908 times
Coffee has been bounced from good to bad to good to bad to good again so many times. I just don't pay attention to any of the 'latest and greatest' that comes out. It's all BS and guesswork.

I'll keep drinking my two or three cups in the morning as usual, even if they decide that coffee is bad again. In the evening, if I want coffee I will do a cup or two of decaf. Medical issues limited me to caffeine only in moderation. Any caffeine now in the evenings makes for a very unrestful night. I used to be able to drink regular coffee and not have it affect my sleep but since that limiting, it now plays havoc with my sleep cycle.

Everything and anything in moderation. Life's too damn short to not be happy in the living of it.

Old 05-01-2017, 07:59 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAjerseychick View Post
I wonder if it counts if you add a generous swig of half and half (that and some organic cane sugar)...
Or Brandy or maybe even Baileys?

Old 05-01-2017, 08:45 AM

761 posts, read 604,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Three strong cups of coffee a day slashes the risk of prostate cancer by half, a study revealed this week.

And that’s only one of its benefits.

Drinking coffee basically keeps you alive | New York Post
How reliable is the "New York Post" compared to other newspapers?

Okay chill, this is for lighthearted amusement
don't get wound up if your coffee has kicked it up a notch, relax and enjoy:
http://https://www.quora.com/How-rel...her-newspapers

...after all, It is a tabloid. There are soooo many factors that are unaccounted for to balance out the statements.. THe statistics in favor are all the Post are reporting...unless of course you are the doctor doing the study and want to provide your clinical findings.

Old 05-01-2017, 10:07 AM

973 posts, read 915,331 times
heh, you can find studies correlating things for anything

Old 05-02-2017, 08:19 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,755,652 times
Aggravates my acid reflux. Don't really like the taste much anyway, but love to smell it brewing!

My hot drink of choice is Chai lattes. I make them at home with Tazo Chai tea bags. Even that I have to limit though, or my acid reflux will flare up. *sigh* Oh, I miss the days of being able to eat and drink whatever I wanted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness