Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2017, 03:36 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times

Advertisements

I hope this is OK here and if not it will be deleted.

Some members have been so helpful over the time I've spent here and today is a good example. Talking on the Neuropathy thread and I was discussing what I'm going thru with knee and foot/ankle and one member suggested Prescription Orthotics. Now I wear a worn out otc pair now and just haven't thought of getting new ones as they do help support the foot and hence the knee too. Doctors nor PT's ever mentioned orthotics. I can't get to the foot doctor I've seen over the years for a custom made pair so for now I ordered a $25 pair from amazon. A lot of good reviews and talking about stabilizing the foot/leg. If anyone is interested I can post the product...let me know.

Personal testimonies are so helpful and just wanted to mention that and especially with today's help from a member. Can't wait for the new orthotics to arrive..

I know my foot pronation is off and I do have a pretty good arch but still, years of wear and tear really don't do us justice. I know custom orthotics can run at least $300 but maybe these $25 ones will help and get me in better alignment, which could help ease pain. Even if I buy 4 pair a year that is $100. I'll see.

Thanks again for personal inputs on what has helped you. Keep them coming.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 05-27-2017 at 04:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2017, 04:40 PM

6,957 posts, read 12,061,905 times
Well hello again. Did you go to Walmart and stand on that machine/chart that tells you what kind of orthotics to buy? I have wondered if that would help me with back pain. So how can you order them on Amazon without a measurement or something? How does it work? I would be willing to try, if it helped my back pain.

Old 06-01-2017, 05:01 PM

I did NOT go to walmart, I'm not going anywhere these days since home from knee mess, I use walker and am not driving and don't know if and when I will be. I will probably end up with knee replacement, which I dread.

Here's the pair I purchased and wearing them today. They feel good but certainly not a miracle for my issues. Check out the size chart and it was easy to make a decision. Price is right compared to custom made ones which start at about $300.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There are many choices with this brand, Powerstep.

Old 06-01-2017, 06:21 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,875,485 times
You should try some Okabashi sandals. They hurt the first two weeks you wear them as your feet adjust to them, but they're great after that. I started wearing them after my leg surgery, when the tendons were too tight in the foot i had surgery on and I had plantar fasciitis in the other foot. I feel like they helped a lot with my recovery.

Old 06-03-2017, 05:54 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
You should try some Okabashi sandals. They hurt the first two weeks you wear them as your feet adjust to them, but they're great after that. I started wearing them after my leg surgery, when the tendons were too tight in the foot i had surgery on and I had plantar fasciitis in the other foot. I feel like they helped a lot with my recovery.
so they DO help with the pf? How much are they and where do you purchase them?

Old 06-03-2017, 10:20 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,875,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
so they DO help with the pf? How much are they and where do you purchase them?
They've helped me a lot. They've got a hard, high arch that stretches your foot. I think that's why they were so uncomfortable the first couple of weeks I wore them. https://www.okabashi.com/ They have them at Walgreens and CVS in the summer, $20 or less per pair. The ladies' ones are narrow and don't fit me right, so I buy the men's ones. They last a long time and you can put them in the top rack of the dishwasher.

Old 06-04-2017, 12:07 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
They've helped me a lot. They've got a hard, high arch that stretches your foot. I think that's why they were so uncomfortable the first couple of weeks I wore them. https://www.okabashi.com/ They have them at Walgreens and CVS in the summer, $20 or less per pair. The ladies' ones are narrow and don't fit me right, so I buy the men's ones. They last a long time and you can put them in the top rack of the dishwasher.
thanks so much

Old 06-04-2017, 10:47 AM

I've never been able to wear this type sandal even when my feet were in good condition. I need more stability. My daughter has a fallen tendon issue on one of her feet and wears a good line of flip flops that keep her out of pain. She's doing all in her power to do no foot surgery, it could all end up worse. She's talk to enough doctors and some say, it could end up worse with surgery...Never guarantees to any surgery. She wears custom orthotics too.

The pair I got on amazon are pretty good for the $25 price.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness