Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2017, 12:28 AM

351 posts, read 667,171 times

Advertisements

I don't seem to find a forum on sleep disorders so I'll try here. Sometimes I have a hard time waking up. In other words I'm really awake but my body isn't, like being in a coma, I'm really awake but can't wake up if that makes any since. Sometime I start yelling but that won't wake me up so I try hard to move my body in order to wake up. I have tried to Google this problem with no luck. I take lorazepam for sleep but I discovered that when I'm sleepy and don't take my lorazepam this happens more often. Does anyone know anything about this are a forum I can go to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2017, 12:53 AM

1,717 posts, read 1,693,884 times
Yours is a sleep disorder but it's not just something like sleep apnea. My hubby has sleep apnea. He keeps waking himself up all night and isn't rested in the morning. He still functions and can get up just fine. It's that he's tired during the day but never comatose on waking.

Have you mentioned the way your body reacts to your doctor? Have you read the side effects of your medicine?
Some medicines take awhile to wear off. That would be my first thought.

My son takes a sleep aide and while he's comatose while sleeping and sleeping deeply, he's able to get up in the morning just fine. Of course he has to take his med at a decent time the night before. If he doesn't he does have a hard time getting up.

Part of it may be your age? I know when my son was in his early 20's he needed more sleep than normal. Guys tend to mature in their 20's and that was it for him -

Old 11-11-2017, 11:33 AM

351 posts, read 667,171 times
In my post I was dreaming that my parents were in the next room sleeping because it was at night. I'm 70 years old. So I figure if I starting yelling my parents were come and wake me up so I was yelling to the top of my lungs but I figure that it was a dream and I have to wake myself up so I move my body which is very hard to do. This has been with me all my life. When I was a teen ager I figure the next time I have a hard time waking up I'm not going to try and wake up and see what happens and so I did and I experience a sexual felling for about 10 or 15 seconds and then I easily woke up but I have not tried that ever again afraid I may never wake up.

Old 11-11-2017, 12:46 PM

867 posts, read 723,875 times
This sounds like sleep paralysis:

"Sleep paralysis is a feeling of being conscious but unable to move. It occurs when a person passes between stages of wakefulness and sleep. During these transitions, you may be unable to move or speak for a few seconds up to a few minutes. "

"Up to as many as four out of every 10 people may have sleep paralysis. This common condition is often first noticed in the teen years. But men and women of any age can have it."

https://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorder...ep-paralysis#1

You should mention it to your doctor. There are a number of causes, which the WebMD article lists.

Old 11-11-2017, 02:36 PM

1,717 posts, read 1,693,884 times
Interesting! I learned something new.
Good luck lostsoul62.

Old 11-11-2017, 06:02 PM

51 posts, read 51,133 times
Sleep paralysis.. Learn to love it haha

Old 11-11-2017, 10:07 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,764,479 times
Long story short, I found myself taking 1/2mg Lorazepam after dealing with panic attack and ER trip, I had never taken a benzo before, but doctors sent me home with 12 tabs..this was over 10 yrs ago. I ended up getting script filled and taking some for sleep until I found info such as this:

https://psychcentral.com/blog/archiv...imers-disease/

I have my sleep combo in the Alt Med area here. I'm off any benzo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness