Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 07:51 PM

64 posts, read 49,783 times

Advertisements

Ever since I quit a job over a month ago I noticed that the eye twitching which lasted for over a year completely stopped and there were moments it got really bad. I did an eye exam and everything was fine over a year ago and even this year, before I quit the job and they couldn't explain why it was still twitching. Could it have been mental or maybe it was affecting my high blood pressure? I noticed when I was working my blood pressure was higher compared to now, someone pissed me off and it even got up to 180. I was mad for a few days but only checked it once. Is tourette syndrome a mental disorder? I'm sure I didnt' have that. My life is so much relaxing now that I don't work. I feel amazing and with a lot of energy, plus I have social anxiety so I don't have to deal with people I don't like anymore. I don't have to see them or talk to them or be around them. Sometimes even when my blood pressure wasnt high at the job my eye would twitch when I felt I was being stared at and I felt uncomfortable.

Last edited by MostSpot; 09-07-2017 at 08:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2017, 11:21 PM

21,555 posts, read 8,736,124 times
When you say "eye twitching," are you talking about an eyelid muscle that spasms by itself? I've had that for years. Yes, it can be stress-related. It can also be triggered by sitting in front of a TV or computer screen for hours on end. This condition is benign and doesn't need treatment unless your vision is affected. It also does not indicate mental illness.

Old 09-08-2017, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
When you say "eye twitching," are you talking about an eyelid muscle that spasms by itself? I've had that for years. Yes, it can be stress-related. It can also be triggered by sitting in front of a TV or computer screen for hours on end. This condition is benign and doesn't need treatment unless your vision is affected. It also does not indicate mental illness.
when I was working I was using the computer way less, now I am using it almost the whole day and no eye twitching and I am talking about the eye lids

Old 09-09-2017, 09:03 AM

8,155 posts, read 8,364,409 times
I found when I limit my caffiene that the twitching goes away. When I used to work in an office I drank lots of coffee.

Old 09-09-2017, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
I found when I limit my caffiene that the twitching goes away. When I used to work in an office I drank lots of coffee.
I drink the same amount so that cannot be the reason

Old 09-09-2017, 10:05 AM

61,768 posts, read 87,244,588 times
There are at least 20 causes of eye twitching.
https://simplyhealth.io/20-causes-ey...SAAEgK4sPD_BwE

Eye twitching Causes - Mayo Clinic

Old 09-15-2017, 10:53 AM

20,767 posts, read 19,992,197 times
nervousness, anxiety, stress

Old 09-15-2017, 06:19 PM

1,428 posts, read 1,408,175 times
Are you taking calcium? I had undereye twitching that started when I began taking calcium chews. Once I stopped taking the chews, the twitching stopped.

Stress and lack of sleep may cause twitching also.

Old 09-15-2017, 07:25 PM

3,304 posts, read 3,032,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MostSpot View Post
Ever since I quit a job over a month ago I noticed that the eye twitching which lasted for over a year completely stopped and there were moments it got really bad. I did an eye exam and everything was fine over a year ago and even this year, before I quit the job and they couldn't explain why it was still twitching. Could it have been mental or maybe it was affecting my high blood pressure? I noticed when I was working my blood pressure was higher compared to now, someone pissed me off and it even got up to 180. I was mad for a few days but only checked it once. Is tourette syndrome a mental disorder? I'm sure I didnt' have that. My life is so much relaxing now that I don't work. I feel amazing and with a lot of energy, plus I have social anxiety so I don't have to deal with people I don't like anymore. I don't have to see them or talk to them or be around them. Sometimes even when my blood pressure wasnt high at the job my eye would twitch when I felt I was being stared at and I felt uncomfortable.
Oh wow, I had totally forgotten that back when I was in a job where I was super stressed on a daily basis, my eyes would twitch all the time. It went on for months and drove me nuts. After I quit, the eye twitching completely went away.

Old 09-16-2017, 05:48 AM

7,242 posts, read 4,558,383 times
I have had this eye twitching all my life. Caused by various things. Stress, lack of sleep.. etc. It is utterly common and benign. I agree you should cut back on calcium and increase magnesium. Calcium causes twitching and magnesium reduces it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness