Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2018, 10:30 PM

265 posts, read 239,057 times

Advertisements

At one point in my life I was buying weed from one specific street dealer. I remember that I ended up in a hospital because I was delusional, thinking people were following me. I also recall that I could not go to sleep at all. I ended up in the hospital and they said I was bipolar. In the discharge papers it said I was addicted to amphetamines. The only drug I did knowingly was weed from this one guy. So years later I figured out the weed was laced since they found things in m system. I just never could figure out if amphetamine depended meant I was doing meth? or if its two different drugs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2018, 02:06 AM

23,297 posts, read 18,824,628 times
A 2 second google search turned this up: Methamphetamine is included within the class of amphetamines which are stimulants. They are very similar chemically but meth has a molecular structure that allows it to hit your brain more quickly/intensely than others in that class which is also why it can be more dangerous and addictive. It could be that drug test the hospital happened to use on you did not distinguish between them.

Old 10-18-2018, 05:25 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,368,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2017 View Post
At one point in my life I was buying weed from one specific street dealer. I remember that I ended up in a hospital because I was delusional, thinking people were following me. I also recall that I could not go to sleep at all. I ended up in the hospital and they said I was bipolar. In the discharge papers it said I was addicted to amphetamines. The only drug I did knowingly was weed from this one guy. So years later I figured out the weed was laced since they found things in m system. I just never could figure out if amphetamine depended meant I was doing meth? or if its two different drugs?
Well, yeah...isn't meth short for methamphetimine? I think that's pretty well known - but I guess you wouldn't have known about it being in your weed. I'm not sure how they came to the conclusion you were actually ADDICTED to amphetimines simply because you had some in your system and were obviously reacting badly to it.

Old 10-18-2018, 02:33 PM

265 posts, read 239,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Well, yeah...isn't meth short for methamphetimine? I think that's pretty well known - but I guess you wouldn't have known about it being in your weed. I'm not sure how they came to the conclusion you were actually ADDICTED to amphetimines simply because you had some in your system and were obviously reacting badly to it.
Meth is short for methamphetamine, I know that. But my papers say "amphetamine dependent," I believe those are two different things, I am not sure, that is why I asked.

Old 10-19-2018, 07:42 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,475,528 times
I do know that weed does not equal meth in no way, shape or form. One is a plant and the other an illicit drug made in a lab (I would assume). It seems you need to ask the people at the hospital about the bipolar and being addicted to amphetamines. How would we know? Are you those things? Why would they make it up?

Last edited by gguerra; 10-19-2018 at 07:55 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness