U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-27-2018, 12:05 PM
 
563 posts, read 452,136 times
Reputation: 356

Advertisements

I've always had dry skin especially on my heels. A few months ago, I developed a callus on the ball of my hell. Its feels like a hard, small bump now and since I cant stay off my feet, its became quite painful. I tried to use a callus remover to file it down but doesnt go away because its too thick. Is there a way to help with getting rid of it? I think its gotten red and afraid its turning into an open sore that wont heal because I keep standing on it. TIA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-27-2018, 12:37 PM
 
Location: Nantahala National Forest, NC
19,022 posts, read 3,922,562 times
Reputation: 24211
Sorry....see a podiatrist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2018, 02:25 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
69,774 posts, read 80,179,990 times
Reputation: 39190
Quote:
Originally Posted by conlainhothuong View Post
I've always had dry skin especially on my heels. A few months ago, I developed a callus on the ball of my hell. Its feels like a hard, small bump now and since I cant stay off my feet, its became quite painful. I tried to use a callus remover to file it down but doesnt go away because its too thick. Is there a way to help with getting rid of it? I think its gotten red and afraid its turning into an open sore that wont heal because I keep standing on it. TIA.
sounds like a planters wart but usually I think they are more on the ball of the foot. See your P Care doctor, who may or may not refer you to a podiatrist.

greatblueharon: many insurance plans require us to see our P Care provider before a specialist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-28-2018, 04:03 AM
 
Location: Florida
18,459 posts, read 18,757,193 times
Reputation: 21231
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
sounds like a planters wart but usually I think they are more on the ball of the foot. See your P Care doctor, who may or may not refer you to a podiatrist.

greatblueharon: many insurance plans require us to see our P Care provider before a specialist.
I had one smack in the middle of my heel, it was a tiny thing but sure can be painful, like having a small stone in your shoe would be.
I shaved it down for awhile, which helped but it had to be dug out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-28-2018, 11:39 AM
 
Location: Pittsburgh
21,644 posts, read 22,944,770 times
Reputation: 45732
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I had one smack in the middle of my heel, it was a tiny thing but sure can be painful, like having a small stone in your shoe would be.
I shaved it down for awhile, which helped but it had to be dug out.
If it is a plantar wart, OP should be careful with filing and shaving, because it can spread to other areas of your foot (or to other peoples feet--think shared showers) more easily that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-28-2018, 01:37 PM
 
Location: Middle of the ocean
28,419 posts, read 18,043,666 times
Reputation: 40925
I had something like that on the ball of my foot, and it was called a cleevus (sp?).

Hurt like heck. Went to my derm and he trimmed it off and it came back. Second time he cut down deeper (numbed it first), and it never came back.

He said he sees it all the time when people install hard floors, which we had just done.
__________________
____________________________________________
My posts as a Mod will always be in red.
Be sure to review Terms of Service: TOS
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-28-2018, 06:01 PM
 
Location: Brawndo-Thirst-Mutilator-Nation
15,516 posts, read 15,459,577 times
Reputation: 11274
A while ago I started lathering-up my feet really good, with soap, at least once a week. Also, i moisturize them at least once a week. They are now a lot softer and callus free.......and as a bonus, the reek coming off of them is almost bearable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 05:07 AM
 
Location: St. Louis
9,489 posts, read 16,543,438 times
Reputation: 13219
I used to have that problem and it would crack and bleed sometimes—it was very painful! Then I bought a rebounder, which is a mini trampoline and it just went away. This was after years of shaving and filing and using creams.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 08:34 AM
 
Location: Sweet Home Chicago!
4,773 posts, read 3,298,677 times
Reputation: 5242
there are otc solutions for plantars warts and yes, they are very painful.

For general cracking/dryness, Aquaphor is your friend!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 07:06 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
13,427 posts, read 10,769,997 times
Reputation: 9642
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
there are otc solutions for plantars warts and yes, they are very painful.

For general cracking/dryness, Aquaphor is your friend!
The OP did not get back to find out if the problem is a plantar wart. If it is I would go with freezing before using the well known acid removals: https://www.drscholls.com/products/w...-wart-remover/. The freezing is nowhere as painful and, in my mind, is more effective.

I once had about one hundred plantar warts on my feet (about fifty on each foot). Some where half an inch in diameter and almost half an inch deep - so I know about the pain. I did get rid of them and I have not had any for about fifty years.

Cracked calluses can also be very painful. This time of year, with drier conditions in our homes and businesses, it is not uncommon. They are much easier to 'cure'. One can 'file' down the calluses - there are many files, sand papers, and shavers available. And, at the same time, you should apply a moisturizing or healing cream to the wound. They usually improve in just a few days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top