Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2018, 10:15 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
I have had 10-12 surgeries/procedures needing general anesthesia and I have NO arthritis anywhere. Sorry my age of 76 makes me lose track of some of them!
Amazing, I've had 2 surgeries, 80 yrs and bodywide OA.

Old 11-29-2018, 10:18 PM

23,278 posts, read 18,810,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Amazing, I've had 2 surgeries, 80 yrs and bodywide OA.
That OA you said you've had since you were 18 right?

Old 11-30-2018, 05:46 AM

3,677 posts, read 2,560,123 times
Quote:
Well, I'm happy for those who have had surgeries and end up with no arthritis, but there are plenty of people worldwide who do....we have a small small amount here telling their stories.
Don't you see how you are just now trying to skew the facts? you claim that plenty of people world wide end up with this problem yet you try to dismiss the successful surgeries as "small".

Let's discount the "small small" amount of people here. the FACT is that joint replacement surgeries are some of the most successful procedures ON THE PLANET. with almost a fact based, scientifically studied 90% success rate (success is defined as having at least a 75% decrease in pain and an increase in mobility). NO one here claims that replacement surgery cures arthritis. my orthopedic surgeon tells me all the time, arthritis will not be cured.

listen jaminhealt, I appreciate information on arthritis, I really do but I appreciate it without the skewing.
Your vision is fine, it's your correlation to what you read and what you think the article says.

This is the very first sentence in that article.

After a severe injury such as a fracture or dislocation, post-traumatic arthritis develops. That injury can be in the hands or feet, shoulders or knee.

Typically the arthritis sets in directly after a major surgery or even a minor surgery, like to the hand. When this type of arthritis develops it’s considered a form of osteoarthritis

It also goes on to say that the MOST COMMON way this happens is from CAR accidents NOT replacement surgery.

So it seems that what you do is zoom in on the one sentence that you think supports your agenda against replacement surgery and you run with it.

Now again, I did not discount the information I simply said that it offered no explanation on how it came to these conclusion nor does it tell about the study and the last paragraph goes on to hawk it's procedure.

My knee replacement did not cause my osteoarthritis. lol unfortunately I have my mother to thank for that. or at least I'm blaming it on her

I still have OA, I will die with OA. I always am looking for how to live my best life with this condition.

Last edited by eliza61nyc; 11-30-2018 at 05:55 AM..

Old 11-30-2018, 05:57 AM

3,677 posts, read 2,560,123 times
So again let me say, I am in this fight like you. I suffer from OA & it's going to get worst before it gets better. I appreciate information, I hunger for it but I need GOOD information not a campaign against surgery.

how long ago did you have your hip replacement??

Old 11-30-2018, 10:44 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
I have had 10-12 surgeries/procedures needing general anesthesia and I have NO arthritis anywhere. Sorry my age of 76 makes me lose track of some of them!
Me to (a tad less surgeries, around 8), and no OA.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-30-2018, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61nyc View Post
So again let me say, I am in this fight like you. I suffer from OA & it's going to get worst before it gets better. I appreciate information, I hunger for it but I need GOOD information not a campaign against surgery.

how long ago did you have your hip replacement??
It's been 8 yrs ago, and I am reminded every day since of the complications I'm left with, I was 72 at surgery date.

Just reading a new post here from a member who is talking about a failed TKR. There are many who do not have the outcomes they do these surgeries for.

As far as campaigning against surgeries, YES, I'm in the corner of doing the least least invasive of anything for our health. People do what they want to do and I tell no one NOT to do what they do, I can tell my story and one can go to forums and read a lot of stories also. It's a real gamble.

Old 11-30-2018, 11:23 AM

5,425 posts, read 3,488,609 times
Quote:
....<snip>

Just reading a new post here from a member who is talking about a failed TKR. There are many who do not have the outcomes they do these surgeries for..... <end snip>
Do you realize that the 30 or 40 or 60 or 70 or 89 or 95 out of 100 (pick your number) others that are happy with their surgery do NOT come here to mention that they are thrilled with their TKR?

Old 11-30-2018, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
Do you realize that the 30 or 40 or 60 or 70 or 89 or 95 out of 100 (pick your number) others that are happy with their surgery do NOT come here to mention that they are thrilled with their TKR?
I'm who I am and not THEM. You and other members remind me of that and again I'm me and what I live with. Have you done a replacement, and if you ever do, then you can speak your experience.

Old 11-30-2018, 11:34 AM

5,425 posts, read 3,488,609 times
Quote:
I'm who I am and not THEM. You and other members remind me of that and again I'm me and what I live with. Have you done a replacement, and if you ever do, then you can speak your experience.
So because your experience was bad, no one should ever have a replacement? Can't you see how over the top that is?

Old 11-30-2018, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
So because your experience was bad, no one should ever have a replacement? Can't you see how over the top that is?
What??? I have never said no one should have a replacement? Where are you coming from? Putting words in my posts that I've never said. People do these surgeries every day, they are assembly lines of surgeries. Do you think the surgeons want to advertise about all the patients who have issues?

Why do you think I did a hip replacement, and it was a huge plunge to do this, but I believed that all would come out good for me, for first 5 months it did and then everything went downhill and all the settling in the body took over.

Again, did you have a replacement, can you talk of your experience?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness