Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 08:45 AM

1 posts, read 10,031 times

Advertisements

I drink perrier like an addict,six to eight bottle per week, I have for some time now, in the the last couple of years I have developed brown stains on my teeth.
When I get my teeth clean he gets them off.
Finally, I agreed to stop drinking the Perrier to see if the minerals in the water was causing the staining. Could the mineral in the water cause staining? Anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2012, 10:20 AM

5,921 posts, read 13,850,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Carrane View Post
Could the mineral in the water cause staining? Anyone?
Give it some time and you will see on your own, no ?

Do you smoke ?

Old 07-15-2012, 01:17 AM

1 posts, read 9,551 times
All of this really worries me because I literally don't drink anything except Perrier water. I go through at lease 3-5 bottles a day. I haven't had any problems yet but now I'm a little worried.

Old 09-01-2012, 10:31 PM

1 posts, read 9,445 times
Is perrier water good for you?

Old 09-02-2012, 01:20 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,689,306 times
i loved perrier water so much I also would drink it alot. However way back when I did I also bought some of
the perrier stock. I felt at least I was sort of helping me now I just drink the publix seltzer and plain water.

Old 07-15-2013, 06:27 PM

6 posts, read 21,269 times
Do you ever look at the nutrition fact label?

In it's rounded up % of DV, it says 4% calcium per serving. So that'd be 8% in one 500ml bottle.

I drink 1-2 bottles per day. Sodium isn't a issue for me (because I hate salty stuff and I eat very little salt), and people take calcium supplements to boost their calcium intake, so 8% or 16% per daily allowance isn't a concern for me.

UTI and Kidney stone developing because you drink a bottle of this a day? May be for some people but from what you read on the Nutrition fact, I believe it's absolutely fine to drink a bottle or two per day.

it's much better than any sugar soda or Diet soda.

Old 10-26-2014, 01:59 PM

1 posts, read 7,658 times
Thanx for the great story and useful info here everyone!Especially Perrier Queen!

Old 01-01-2015, 12:46 AM

1 posts, read 7,518 times
This is a rational remark :

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsjwou View Post
Do you ever look at the nutrition fact label?

In its rounded up % of DV, it says 4% calcium per serving. So that'd be 8% in one 500ml bottle.

I drink 1-2 bottles per day. Sodium isn't a issue for me (because I hate salty stuff and I eat very little salt), and people take calcium supplements to boost their calcium intake, so 8% or 16% per daily allowance isn't a concern for me.

UTI and Kidney stone developing because you drink a bottle of this a day? May be for some people but from what you read on the Nutrition fact, I believe it's absolutely fine to drink a bottle or two per day.

it's much better than any sugar soda or Diet soda.
Calcium : On Perrier's website, the calcium content is listed as 160 milligrams per litre ; or 80 mgs per half-litre bottle, or 8% of RDA. I drink three to four bottles (or two litres) over 24 hours and have done so for ten years ; so I get about 32% of my daily calcium from Perrier. As I consistently drink Perrier in place of tap water, I wanted to know its other properties. This is what I found : calcium, 160 mg/l ; magnesium 6.8 mg/l (about .02% of RDA) ; potassium 0.6 mg/l ; sodium 9.5 mg/l ; sulfate 33 mg/l ; bicarbonate 430 mg/l ; chloride 22 mg/l ; nitrate, 7.8 mg/l. These are the hard numbers, so decide for yourself if it's good for your health.

I believe Perrier benefits my health because it tastes better than flat water. Science has found that the taste buds for sensing sour also sense carbonated drinks, and I really crave that fizzy-tart sensation -- more so than the sugar in sodas. So for me, Perrier is healthy twice over : it helps me stay hydrated, and it has replaced sweetened sodas in my regimen. (Okay, 91% of the time. Occasionally I succumb to a vanilla Coke or Galvanina lemon soda.)

Regarding the cost, statements like "Perrier costs $11.67/gallon when bought in 12 packs of the 33.81 oz bottles . . . You people willing to pay that much for ANY water are crazy" can be misleading. They recall jokes from the 1970s like, "If I want to waste a dollar on a bottle of water I buy a Perrier", which are no longer true. I can't address the retail price for Perrier because I buy it at Costco, where I buy it by the case (24 bottles, 500 ml each). The average price is $13.00 a case, or 55 cents per bottle, or $1.08 per quart, or $4.33 per gallon, roughly the cost for a gallon of milk. Granted, not everyone buys Perrier at Costco, but it is possible. If one has an addiction to Coke, and buys four 12-ounce Cokes a day from a machine at 50 cents each, that's $2.00 for four cans of Coke or $10.66 per gallon for high-fructose corn syrup with carbonate and color, $1.01 less than a gallon of Perrier.

Old 01-02-2015, 02:48 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,989,910 times
Water is water....as long as it's not from your ditch, it's fine! Perrier is not better "for you" than tap water. If you like the fizzy...get one of those "soda machines" and fizz up your tap water! Water will taste better if you refrigerate it.

Old 01-12-2015, 10:29 AM

1 posts, read 7,437 times
I searched the theme of 'club soda' because i noticed that every time i drank 3 glasses of it in a particular day my kidneys hurt, every single time!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness