U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2019, 08:10 AM

1 posts, read 86 times

Advertisements

I just wanted to share couple of things that helped with my costochondritis pain. I have suffered from the pain for at least 1 year now and know how it feels so just sharing what has helped me. I have not fully recovered yet but the pain on the left side has definitely been reduced.
Just fyi. I am not a doctor or from medical field but wanted to share this as it might help someone who is suffering from Costochondritis pain.

I started taking these couple of months back and it has helped with the pain:

Vitamin D supplement
Multi Vitamins
Calcium and Magnesium supplements

This is the schedule I follow when taking these supplements:

Monday, I take Calcium and Magnesium
Tuesday, I take Vitamin D
Wed, I take multivitamin
and then Thursday I go back to Calcium and Magnesium, Friday Vitamin D and Saturday multivitamin.

So I don't take all the supplements on the same day. Sunday I don't take anything.

Also I sleep on floor. I have carpet in my room but I do put a blanket on the carpet and then sleep on it. I have been doing that for couple of months now.

Another thing you could try is when going to sleep, tell yourself that pain has gone. Close your eyes, focus on the pain area, ribs on the left and tell yourself that your ribs and sternum has been healed. Tell yourself that your cells have been repaired and the pain is gone now. I know to some this might sound ridiculous but give it a try for few days and see what happens.

Try it these things for few months and see if it helps you with the pain. Obviously results won't be instantaneous so please have patience and faith and god will heal you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness