Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2020, 09:57 AM

12,779 posts, read 14,992,488 times

Advertisements

movinon, thanks for that 3M link! I know 3M is of great quality, so I want to try them out. When you remove them, they don't hurt on the skin, do they? I'll definitely look through that & I'm starting to watch the Save my SKin show now online on the TLC site. I'm not nearly as severe as that lady, but I'm a few minutes into watching it so I'll see what the dr does for her.

I've started looking up youtube videos of people suffering w/ it too. Turmeric and zinc seem to be the best supplements to help keep it at bay & I've taken turmeric & kind of noticed that it helps. I order more liquid turmeric yesterday & have it in pill & powder forms too.

So far, these bandages have been good overall for me & I've bought probably 40 boxes so far in these last 2.5 mos. They don't hurt when I remove them which is the MAIN aspect I want, but they could be more absorbent:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/2-pack-Eq...l&athena=true#

Last edited by Forever Blue; 02-28-2020 at 10:23 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2020, 02:20 PM

2,528 posts, read 2,781,486 times
I don't remember them being painful to remove. And I'm kind of a wimp. They don't stick to your wounds, either, so that helps with the comfort factor.

Those bandages look great to me. I'm allergic to latex and have to always buy latex-free bandages which aren't always easy to find. "Your" bandages have silicon adhesive so they'd be great for me. Thanks for that!

Old 02-28-2020, 02:34 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,390,454 times
Can you go to the doctor or is it too expensive for you? I would not try to take your condition as treatable with OTC remedies especially cysts around the lymph nodes!!

Quote:

Lymph nodes are small glands that filter lymph, the clear fluid that circulates through the lymphatic system. They become swollen in response to infection and tumors. Lymphatic fluid circulates through the lymphatic system, which is made of channels throughout your body that are similar to blood vessels.
Source:https://www.google.com/search?client...&q=lymph+nodes

Old 02-28-2020, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movinon View Post
I don't remember them being painful to remove. And I'm kind of a wimp. They don't stick to your wounds, either, so that helps with the comfort factor.

Those bandages look great to me. I'm allergic to latex and have to always buy latex-free bandages which aren't always easy to find. "Your" bandages have silicon adhesive so they'd be great for me. Thanks for that!
You're welcome & between Walmart & Target, I see them at Walmart where they're $2.74 for a box of 8. I don't know what other stores carry this particular type.

Oh & to answer your other question, my maternal grandfather had these armpit carbuncles that were big & open, like constant moist raw meat. It was extremely severe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
Can you go to the doctor or is it too expensive for you? I would not try to take your condition as treatable with OTC remedies especially cysts around the lymph nodes!!

Source:https://www.google.com/search?client...&q=lymph+nodes
Yes, I went to my general doctor a month ago who referred me to a dermatologist who I saw a couple of days ago & I got a prescription for this erythromycin benzoyl peroxide topical gel AFTER 2% mupirocin cream didn't really help. I was also prescribed a 7-day supply of penicillin which didn't seem to do anything either that I ended a few weeks ago.

Now I do like going as all-natural as possible, so I was just asking people here if they knew anything. I also am starting to do my own research & it seems that vitamins zinc & turmeric work well regarding keeping flare-ups at bay. But there's no actual cure for this.

Last edited by Forever Blue; 02-28-2020 at 11:48 PM..

Old 03-05-2020, 06:13 AM

1,847 posts, read 3,728,837 times
I have this, albeit a minor case. Diet elimination is a good start if you want to go natural, and since there are no alternatives now, could be your best option.

One of the easiest ways is to remove nightshades from your diet, they are vegetables like eggplant, potatoes, tomatoes and peppers. A little harder (for me) is removing dairy and sugary foods which can trigger the inflammation, as well as yeast.

Mine is so minor that I don't do the diet yet, but those particular items fall into "I really want them, but can do without them" category. Easier in theory that removing gluten etc, but can take effort or maybe just willpower!

Since there is some research that thinks it might be a autoimmune condition, removing all those foods is often recommended for various AI conditions.

Old 03-05-2020, 08:32 AM

^ Thanks, yes DIET is so very important & makes such an impact on what happens to our bodies & how it reacts. I wish it wasn't so, but it is.

I go back to the dermatologist next week.

I'm most concerned about this little open hole I have in 1 armpit. If I touch it gently, it feels like my nerve or lymph node is right underneath, so it's a weird feeling. I don't know how it's ever going to heal up & close, but I'll ask the dermo that.
I'm wary about doing what poster guidoLaMoto said about filling it w/ petroleum jelly & covering it w/ gauze because this isn't just exposed inner skin, but more of a sensitive hole.

Old 03-06-2020, 07:26 AM

1,847 posts, read 3,728,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
^ Thanks, yes DIET is so very important & makes such an impact on what happens to our bodies & how it reacts. I wish it wasn't so, but it is.

I go back to the dermatologist next week.

I'm most concerned about this little open hole I have in 1 armpit. If I touch it gently, it feels like my nerve or lymph node is right underneath, so it's a weird feeling. I don't know how it's ever going to heal up & close, but I'll ask the dermo that.
I'm wary about doing what poster guidoLaMoto said about filling it w/ petroleum jelly & covering it w/ gauze because this isn't just exposed inner skin, but more of a sensitive hole.
I wouldn't use petroleum jelly on any open sore, but i would use neosporin. But drying them out (at least for me) has been more successful than covering them up, which is contrary to most wounds. But these aren't wounds exactly, as they don't scab up etc. I think unless you have them, they are very hard to understand. Another thing to try is Valtrex or valacycolvir.

Old 03-06-2020, 07:53 AM

^ Yes, right. I'd be more prone to want to dry it up (the hole) as opposed to keep it moist too. I see the dermo again in several days, so I'll see.

Old 03-14-2020, 02:37 PM

Default Another Uodate

The dermatologist wanted to see me again in 2 wks. She had to end up draining 2 fluid-filled bumps that never went down. They're healing nicely, but the open hole & this other wound I had are bleeding/oozing more than where the incision s were made.

She wants to see me again in a week to see how it's healing up.

I guess this is going to be a lifetime of buying bandages & constantly having gauze, etc. taped to my armpit. It's in the L one which was always worse than the R one.

Old 03-31-2020, 07:01 PM

Default Update

I just started BEMER treatments a few days ago & I think it's gradually working, but it takes time. If anyone doesn't know what that is, you can look up youtube vids. Here's one of many:

Short 5-min videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9wPflJV2jI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Js_Y4KTF4

Lengthy 38-min video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R_ZqIHxa6U
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness