Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2009, 06:01 AM

4,264 posts, read 9,275,556 times

Advertisements

Is it possible that a sinus infection could cause a swollen upper eyelid? My hubby woke up yesterday morning and his eyelid was puffy, the swelling went down some during the day. When he woke up this morning it was more swollen than yesterday. He has sinus drainage down the back of his throat but not complaining of any headache. He took 2 Benadryl before he left for work this morning so hoping that will help. I guess it is also possible he is having an allergic reaction to something. He says the eyeball itself doesn't hurt, and there is no signs of either a stye or pink eye. Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 06:22 AM

23,587 posts, read 70,358,767 times
Chalzion. They usually go away in a few days or weeks on their own. Caused by blocked duct in an oil gland that is a compenent in tear-making.

Old 11-05-2009, 06:55 AM

4,264 posts, read 9,275,556 times
After reading about a chalzion unless the bump just hasn't appeared yet that is not what it is. I guess I really need to correct myself, after looking at the pics it is not the upper eyelid it is the area between the eyebrow and the upper eyelid. The only thing I can think of is that he got into something and is having an allergic reaction.

Old 03-19-2010, 01:48 AM

1 posts, read 81,734 times
Hey, for the benefit of future readers, what was the diagnosis? I was sick when I was 17 went to sleep for a few hours and woke up unable to open my left eye. The sinus infection overflowed, or perhaps spread (it was a long time ago and I don't entirely remember). The resulting swelling prevented me from opening my eye unless I propped it open.

My eyes swell a little due to allergies and occasionally infection, but they have only closed once, and I was nearly at the stage where I would have lost my eye. If the eyelid is swollen and the eye is red then see a doctor immediately.

Old 03-19-2010, 02:58 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,167,707 times
It just may be some kind of minor skin problem if it's between the eyelid and eyebrow.
But if the eyeball gets red and leaks pinkish fluid go straight to ER.
Many years ago my oldest son said his eye hurt. I looked at it and figured it was probably pink eye and would call the doctor in the morning.
Then the next day it started oozing pinkish fluid and he said he had a headache. I had seen pink eye before and this didn't look right.
I took him to ER and it was a staph infection. The docs said it was a good thing I brought him in when I did because the infection could travel along the optic nerve to the brain and cause major problems.
It took 7 days of intravenous antibiotics to get rid of the infection.
Scared me to death. He was only about 3 1/2 yrs old.
Don't take any chances when it comes to the eyes if there is any doubt as to the cause of discomfort.

Old 03-19-2010, 06:40 AM

523 posts, read 3,804,496 times
i note the original post was some months ago, but for the benefit of those still reading/posting on this thread, the condition of concern matching these symptoms would be orbital cellulitis...particularly likely if there is a preceeding sinus infection. its usually very readily treated with antibiotics, but should never be ignored, as it can have serious complications.

Old 06-08-2011, 12:29 AM

1 posts, read 76,759 times
hy, my left eyelid is dwn last 30years some time make treatment and then left and doctor he cut some lid and stig there after in these days when i wake up and looking my eye is close and some time little bit open its long time.

Old 06-08-2011, 07:20 AM

1,956 posts, read 4,874,299 times
It can be a stye.

I have one right now on my right eye.

Old 11-16-2013, 12:52 PM

1 posts, read 31,100 times
I have a concern with my eyelids.For the past several days i have been waking up with swollen puffy eyelids particularlly my left side was extremely swollen and itchy.My sinus cavities on both sides are also swollen.It was getting slightly better during the day but I woke up today quite concerned.Both eyelids swollen as well as I see bumps under my eyebrows frm sinuses as well as under my eyes.Has anyone had this problem and what was the underlying problems?I have put a call into my Ent doctor to call me fpr an appointment.Any feedback is deeply appreciated

Old 12-17-2019, 03:31 PM

7,633 posts, read 8,699,793 times
Any new input on this, please?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness