Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2020, 07:14 AM

2,432 posts, read 2,693,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
RE: chest pressure-- because you had a normal stress test, we can say with 90% confidence that it's not your heart (coronary arteries). The variable location & nature of the pain suggests it's more your imagination (assuming so can be a diagnostic pitfall). Once a "real" symptom appears, you can start imagining all sorts of other things. It can be difficult to separate the wheat from the chaff, so to speak.---Unless your echo showed Prolapsing Mitral Valve. People with that complain of all sorts of unusual chest discomforts.

RE: exercise & palpitations-- irregularities in heart rhythm can be difficult to discern-- the beats are so close together that the irregularity is masked. Kinda like turning up the car radio so you can't hear that new funny sound the engine is making

RE: cold meds & palpitations- best advice is if you have them, don't take those meds-- although very unlikely the irregularities would lead to sudden death. The pattern you notice is most likely a pseudo-cycle, often seen in chaotic dynamical systems. (see that reference I gave about the math of cardiac rhythm on the other thread here.)

What did the cardiac monitor & echo show?
So I was not experiencing any palps or chest discomfort during the 48 holter monitor.. of course. Was told no concerns on it, but again never felt anything. The echo was also fine I was told. Stress test they did say showed something but not concerning and typically would have patients retake the stress test in the future to compare - she didn’t elaborate what exactly it showed but that it was not a concern now and wouldn’t cause my current symptoms.

She told me if I am continuing to experience symptoms I can try and event monitor that is impanted just under the skin and only couple stitches needed. Said can record for long periods of time to try and catch the palps when it happens. She also suggested discussing a heart catherization. This test however seems quite invasive so.. will really want to discuss it more before doing so. She said I am considered low risk at this point so those tests are elective, meaning due to the virus I have to wait until elective testing is allowed again. I have a follow up in 2 months. She said if symptoms continue we can discuss those other tests. If symptoms are no longer happening we can put off testing if I wish to.

I did ask her if she thought VT is a possible Arrhythmia I could have. She said unlikely due to my symptoms and how sustained and prolonged they last. That was good to hear. She said more likely to be a type of SVT and they could test further for that.

So far I have not experienced anything like I did few weeks ago, not nearly so intense(that keeps you from sleeping). When I do feel palps and pressure it is random and more bearable now. Hoping it stays that way. It seems to be diminishing some in frequency and intensity. Also I have not taken anymore of that cold medicine since and will not again just incase. Will also be more cautious taking anything in the future to.

I am a bit hesitant on those other tests but if I keep having symptoms I suppose I will opt for it. So, still unsure what it may be, hoping it just goes away on its own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness