Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2020, 03:54 PM

525 posts, read 340,356 times

Advertisements

Should I just quit this job? I have been 2 weeks off due to being in company quarantine and was originally told I would be coming back on Monday but now they are saying that I have to wait until the nurse calls me to tell me when I will be coming back since they changed my status from self quarantine to company quarantine. Two weeks ago 2 people from another department got the virus and that's when I decided to take off due to this. It's still only those 2 people who got the virus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2020, 04:26 PM

23,319 posts, read 18,877,894 times
Well, if you have another job lined up ready to go why not? Sounds as if you are building excuses to quit anyway. If you don't have another job that provides comparable salary and benefits as good or better, don't quit unless you have a good 6 months of living expenses saved up first.

Old 04-02-2020, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Well, if you have another job lined up ready to go why not? Sounds as if you are building excuses to quit anyway. If you don't have another job that provides comparable salary and benefits as good or better, don't quit unless you have a good 6 months of living expenses saved up first.
Chronic Kidney Disease stage 4a.

Old 04-04-2020, 10:55 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritzui View Post
Chronic Kidney Disease stage 4a.
Sorry to hear about your kidney disease, that puts you in high risk of course, but to quit your job would not be the wisest thing to do right now. just sit tight for awhile longer. I really do not understand why you are even considering quitting?

Old 04-04-2020, 05:03 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,619,106 times
As long as your company is paying you, don't sweat it. If your job can be done remotely, you could always ask about returning to work remotely.

Old 04-05-2020, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Sorry to hear about your kidney disease, that puts you in high risk of course, but to quit your job would not be the wisest thing to do right now. just sit tight for awhile longer. I really do not understand why you are even considering quitting?

Because this is expected to kill 100,000 to 240,000 the least and so far it hasn't even been 10,000 yet in the US. This is going to last months or more. I also don't want to get the virus since I don't want to end up paying a lot.

Old 04-05-2020, 11:04 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,683,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritzui View Post
Because this is expected to kill 100,000 to 240,000 the least and so far it hasn't even been 10,000 yet in the US. This is going to last months or more. I also don't want to get the virus since I don't want to end up paying a lot.
Presumably now you are either getting paid from the company or qualify for some sort of unemployment compensation. Why on earth are you going to leave this job when you are not working? I can’t see your company having people go back when deaths are increasing. Might as well stick around and see what happens. If it comes to a decision about whether you have to go back or not, then make the decision. Don’t make that now when you are not yet at risk.

Old 04-08-2020, 10:54 PM

12,780 posts, read 14,996,596 times
Right! Why in the world would you quit right now when you're already at home AND getting paid?!

You stay w/ the job. I don't care if the boss tells everyone to come to work on April 20th. If I had to, I'd call in sick on April 20th to kill some time to really figure out what I'm going to do...BUT hopefully, you would know what you plan to do without waiting till the day they want you to report back.

Also, don't forget to find out if you wan work remotely from now on.

Old 04-09-2020, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Right! Why in the world would you quit right now when you're already at home AND getting paid?!

You stay w/ the job. I don't care if the boss tells everyone to come to work on April 20th. If I had to, I'd call in sick on April 20th to kill some time to really figure out what I'm going to do...BUT hopefully, you would know what you plan to do without waiting till the day they want you to report back.

Also, don't forget to find out if you wan work remotely from now on.
I will quit the day I have to come back then. Too many people dying. My dad's cousin from New York died from the virus this week. I am not going to take the chance.

Old 04-09-2020, 10:10 AM

12,780 posts, read 14,996,596 times
^ I don't blame you, so yes make sure you stay getting paid AT HOME until the very last "minute" so to speak. It's tremendously scary, especially when someone you actually know has died from it. I don't like how at the very beginning, it used to just seem to affect older people, but NOW people of all ages w/ ZERO other underlying health issues are still dying. It's like a hit or miss re: if you'll die & I don't like those odds at all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness