Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2020, 02:44 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,567,188 times

Advertisements

That site is a pretty bad conspiracy site. I saw what they posted about George Floyd police brutality being pre-planned.

Accusing Obama Foundation of plot

Usually, the people who have worthwhile intuition have decades of professional experience and inside contacts in order to have some credibility.

Old 06-09-2020, 02:46 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,738,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambers72 View Post
Yes Jamin they have been lying since day 0!!

Some think this is a major prelude to something MUCH BIGGER .. This is a trial run to see if they can control people.......
Yes I've heard all that too and thank goodness for all the investigative reporters/journalists, we can keep our liberties...hope my grandkids will be able to.

Old 06-09-2020, 03:16 PM

2,145 posts, read 3,060,153 times
Quote:

Some think this is a major prelude to something MUCH BIGGER .. This is a trial run to see if they can control people.......
And some people think the earth is flat. Not all opinions are worthy of serious consideration.

Old 06-09-2020, 09:46 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,098,140 times
Do you all know how to check hyperlinks? The WHO did indeed make a very unfortunate statement about asymptomatic carrier transmission.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/08/asym...-who-says.html

They are back peddling now but it's too late. It was stupid for them to say it in the first place but they said it (or mis-said it) and they have lost even more credibility by doing so.

Too much evidence exists regarding asymptomatic transmission for them to have screwed this up but they did.

Old 06-10-2020, 07:27 AM

11,049 posts, read 6,637,979 times
The thing about science is it changes! New research provides new information, why can't anyone accept that and cut these scientists some slack. This virus was unknown and every effort is being made. It's not magic. You know how many failures Edison had before he got the lightbulb right?

Have you ever changed your mind? Why did you do that? Gasp, new information.

The only evil intent is in the White House. Not the research labs. Even if bad motives existed in labs, it would be too big of a conspiracy to contain. Y'know, like the Moon landing.

Old 06-10-2020, 08:02 AM

12,841 posts, read 9,041,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Science???? It changes every day...glad and happy to have other points and opinions and seekers of some truths out there vs all govt agencies...grrrrr I question so much of govt agencies.
Science changes because it learns and adapts to new information. Pseudo science doesn't change because it doesn't learn and adapt; it just makes up whatever it needs to support it's beliefs.

Think about it.

Old 06-10-2020, 08:30 AM

10,048 posts, read 18,064,388 times
Jamin, that site is full of conspiracy theories written by apparently insane writers. The article BEFORE the one you posted suggests that George Floyd's death wasn't real, it's all a psychological experiment, and the article AFTER the one you posted is about the potential for "mass executions in the street" if "left-wing extremists" aren't stopped. I mean, seriously? THAT is what you call a credible site?

Quote:

Some [insane people] think this is a major prelude to something MUCH BIGGER .. This is a trial run to see if they can control people.......
Fixed it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reebo View Post
So so many rely on unscientific, alarmist news sources.
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reebo View Post
And some people think the earth is flat. Not all opinions are worthy of serious consideration.
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnff View Post
Science changes because it learns and adapts to new information. Pseudo science doesn't change because it doesn't learn and adapt; it just makes up whatever it needs to support it's beliefs.

Think about it.
^^^ This.

Here's a CNBC link that discusses what the scientist said and what they are saying now: https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/09/who-...l-unknown.html . The scientist did not choose her words well on Monday, allowing conspiracy theorists to have a field day. Just what we needed. UGH.

Old 06-10-2020, 12:02 PM

Quote:

Think about it.
I have thought about it a lot and went with the latest science for a hip replacement and live with so much damage from this Latest Science. Give me the good old tried and tested early remedies and the scientists can do their thing and make their money with their New Science... And it forever changes. It's taken years of livin and learnin to understand it all. Just like some good old drugs that are cheap and work good, science brings out new ones, more expensive and not as good. Please............

Old 06-10-2020, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Jamin, that site is full of conspiracy theories written by apparently insane writers. The article BEFORE the one you posted suggests that George Floyd's death wasn't real, it's all a psychological experiment, and the article AFTER the one you posted is about the potential for "mass executions in the street" if "left-wing extremists" aren't stopped. I mean, seriously? THAT is what you call a credible site?

Fixed it for you.

Yep.

Yep.

^^^ This.

Here's a CNBC link that discusses what the scientist said and what they are saying now: https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/09/who-...l-unknown.html . The scientist did not choose her words well on Monday, allowing conspiracy theorists to have a field day. Just what we needed. UGH.
I buy into a lot of "conspiracy theories" gives me a good well rounded balance to pick and choose in my life. Thanks.

Old 06-10-2020, 12:12 PM

23,278 posts, read 18,799,167 times
Quote:

Think about it.
And when science realizes it misspoke it corrects itself based on that newer information! So the WHO had to backpedal. So, its not perfect. Very few things are. The whole realm surrounding Covid-19 is changing every few hours. It shouldn't surprise anyone. The point is, they reconsidered, refined, 'fessed up, took their well-deserved lumps, and moved on to a more accurate position! When I consider the huge amount of brain power behind the work agencies like that do and how much real data they can bring to bear on a problem it is staggering. The chance that all those brains are deluded in the same way is minute.

A reasonable person considers all sides of statements made and uses some natural skepticism to filter them. Choosing to reserve judgment and err on the cautious side when more extreme, "absolute" claims are made. They don't automatically bounce to the extreme, swallowing all the hyperbole. They hover somewhere in the middle, leaving themselves room to maneuver.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness