Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2020, 02:29 PM

30,920 posts, read 37,092,275 times

Advertisements

The standards for what's effective have been set up to make sure the vaccines get approved.

Nobody wants to talk about the possibility that side effects from vaccines can have a long incubation period of 1 year or more.

He talks about the methodology of the studies here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sW0...l=TheoVonClips

Old 12-31-2020, 02:50 PM

10,275 posts, read 6,373,763 times
I do not believe anything in medicine is 100%. Only thing guarantied 100% is DYING.

Old 12-31-2020, 03:02 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,631,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northrick View Post
I didn't read the article either and had the same question. That's why I didn't bother reading the article. I doubt in time it will prove to be 100% effective for severe covid.
There are very few subjects in the highest at-risk age group.

"The vaccine’s efficacy appeared to be slightly lower in people 65 and older, but during a presentation to the Food and Drug Administration’s advisory committee the company explained that the numbers could have been influenced by the fact there were few cases in that age group in the trial."

announcement

The above relates to Moderna and Pfizer. Astra-Zeneca reported lower rates of efficacy but vowed to come back after it changed the trial. There's also a window of 35 to 42 days, or 14 days after the booster shot, where infections are ignored because it takes that long to build up the antibodies.

Old 12-31-2020, 03:58 PM

37,774 posts, read 46,260,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Did ya, at least, read the article before you commented? I guess not

Also from my OP:

Then why not put that in your post?? Not everyone wants to click on links.

indeed.

Old 12-31-2020, 05:17 PM

20,996 posts, read 28,580,021 times
Someone I know who is a nurse and cancer survivor got the vaccine this past Monday. Not sure which one but the next day she had a fever and felt flu like symptoms. I doubt I'll get the vaccine but if my doctor strongly recommends it or it becomes mandatory I might get it then.

Old 12-31-2020, 11:45 PM

17,702 posts, read 13,521,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Then why not put that in your post?? Not everyone wants to click on links.

indeed.

Because, I thought that inhabitants of a Health and Wellness Forum would be smart enough to read what was right in front of them. My bad

Not reading the articles in on you, not me

Old 12-31-2020, 11:56 PM

37,279 posts, read 41,507,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
I am NOT buying the effectiveness of these vaccines. As more people get vaccinated I expect the real efficacy rate to take a significant dip. It's important to know that these makers of the vaccines have spent BILLIONS on them and have many other big wigs who've invested millions and perhaps billions. Whether people want to hear it or not, whether people want to know the truth or not, these vaccines are simply about making bank. I'm not saying it won't help some people but this is all about money.

Being this is a health forum, I think people should remember that we have IMMUNE SYSTEMS and even if you're in poor health, you can reverse your health. If you're in normal health, you can bring yourself to become in extraordinary health. Granted, I understand some people are going to need advanced medicines and treatments. However, for those of us whom are in poor to normal health, just remember that you have immune systems that you can enhance. Take the vaccine if you wish but again don't forget you have immune systems.
What about all the money being to treat COVID-19? Lost wages? Lost business income?

You would rather spend dollars on that than pennies on vaccines?

Yes, thank goodness we have immune systems. Vaccines would not work without them.

Some COVID-19 victims are being killed by their own immune systems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
The standards for what's effective have been set up to make sure the vaccines get approved.

Nobody wants to talk about the possibility that side effects from vaccines can have a long incubation period of 1 year or more.

He talks about the methodology of the studies here:
Video is too long. What does anti-vaxer RFK, Jr. claim now?

If it does not happen within six weeks after vaccination it is probably not due to the vaccine.

Old 01-01-2021, 07:55 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,631,579 times
The original Astra-Zeneca vaccine reported a lower efficacy rate of 62 percent against symptomatic cases, but it reported that there were no severe cases or hospitalizations. I think the last part is the most important. It doesn't have the side effects of the other three vaccines.

link

Old 01-01-2021, 08:25 AM

3,126 posts, read 2,094,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post

Yes, thank goodness we have immune systems. Vaccines would not work without them.
Thank goodness immune systems work WITHOUT the vaccine for 99%.

People with weakened or immunocompromised immune systems are not even eligible for the vaccine at this point. They may never be eligible; that remains to be deterimined. In any case, they will have to wait longer to get it.

Old 01-01-2021, 08:31 AM

37,279 posts, read 41,507,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
Thank goodness immune systems work WITHOUT the vaccine for 99%.

People with weakened or immunocompromised immune systems are not even eligible for the vaccine at this point. They may never be eligible; that remains to be deterimined. In any case, they will have to wait longer to get it.
One percent is a lot of people, and there is no way you can guarantee that your immune system will prevent you from being one of them.

Those who are immunocompromised are part of the reason that everyone with no contraindications should take the vaccine, in order to achieve herd immunity as soon as possible to protect them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness