Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2021, 07:55 AM

613 posts, read 946,182 times

Advertisements

I finally called yesterday to make a vaccine appt. here in NH. I'm old enough that I qualified for the first group, but it took me a couple of months to make the call--not vaccine hesitancy really but the whole thing just seemed so complicated. And the state website was supposed to be totally screwed up here the first couple of months. But I got a vaccine appt. about 3 1/2 weeks away in late April, the first one they had at the site I wanted to go to.

The guy told me it would be the Pfizer vaccine there--unless my Dr. sent them a letter asking them to give me the J&J. That doesn't make a huge amount of sense to me, but I may try calling my Dr.'s office (& hope they know what I'm talking about, & where to send the letter). But I'm not going to hold out for one vaccine or another given the 550K deceased Americans from the Covid virus.

Here's an long article on bloomberg.com re: why it's very complex to figure out what is the "best" Covid vaccine:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...e?srnd=premium
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2021, 08:20 AM

5,719 posts, read 4,307,175 times
Yes, you can choose your vaccine! If you are a governor, a former governor, or an appointed health department official in the corrupt state of Minnesota. The rest of you, just shut up, get in line, and take whatever they say you are getting and don't complain that the government gives themselves rights being denied to you.

Gov Tim Walz and former Gov Pawlenty "elected" to get the JandJ vaccine on Tuesday, and Department of Health Commissioner Jan Malcolm "chose" to get it 3 weeks ago. Try this: call your clinic and request the JJ vaccine. You will be told you have no choice.

Meanwhile essential workers who have been on a waiting list for the JandJ vaccine for weeks in MN still haven't received it.

Old 04-02-2021, 11:44 PM

3,606 posts, read 1,663,187 times
You can choose, but it may be a longer wait for your preference.

My elderly 86 year old mom got Pfizer (she used to work for a subsidiary of Pfizer) and finished off her second shot about a month ago with no side effects.

I registered myself and my special needs brother online...would've preferred Pfizer (since mom worked there), but got an appointment for us last week for Moderna...jumped at the chance, and we both got our first shot...no side effects other than a sore shoulder the next day. Both Pfizer and Moderna are similar in that they both use MRNA technology to combat the virus... a 21 day wait for second Pfizer shot and 28 days for second Moderna shot. Spoke to a few Medical Doctor's in my neighborhood when walking with my brother...they both said that Pfizer and Moderna are the best in their opinion due to the MRNA technology that both use and higher efficacy rates compared to the others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness