Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2021, 04:36 PM

7,234 posts, read 4,542,662 times

Advertisements

This seems interesting as it seems to line up with the people most at risk for the corona virus -- you risk would seem to depend on your vascular health going in. Depending on the strength of the immune system. This could make sense as to why age is a risk factor as the older you get the more likely to have vascular damage. Same with obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure, all effect vascular system.

https://scitechdaily.com/covid-19-is...ellular-level/

Quote:
Scientists have known for a while that SARS-CoV-2’s distinctive “spike” proteins help the virus infect its host by latching on to healthy cells. Now, a major new study shows that they also play a key role in the disease itself.

The paper, published on April 30, 2021, in Circulation Research, also shows conclusively that COVID-19 is a vascular disease, demonstrating exactly how the SARS-CoV-2 virus damages and attacks the vascular system on a cellular level. The findings help explain COVID-19’s wide variety of seemingly unconnected complications, and could open the door for new research into more effective therapies.

“A lot of people think of it as a respiratory disease, but it’s really a vascular disease,” says Assistant Research Professor Uri Manor, who is co-senior author of the study. “That could explain why some people have strokes, and why some people have issues in other parts of the body. The commonality between them is that they all have vascular underpinnings.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2021, 06:00 PM

4,177 posts, read 5,056,132 times
The more researchers focus on the spike protein, the better.

Because that will lead to the inevitable conclusion that SARS-Cov2 was engineered in a lab at the WVI.
Quote:
The hypothesis that the receptor binding domain (RBD) of the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein arose via a recent recombination with a pangolin-hosted coronavirus RBD, is not likely....SARS-CoV-2 is the only Sarbecovirus to contain a furin cleavage site (FCS). Indeed, no coronavirus with a spike protein sequence homology of greater than 40% to SARS-CoV-2 has a FCS.
https://link.springer.com/article/10...11-021-01211-0

Old 05-03-2021, 06:12 PM

1,380 posts, read 721,367 times
This is very interesting. Thanks to both of you for the articles.

Old 05-04-2021, 04:59 AM

7,234 posts, read 4,542,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
The more researchers focus on the spike protein, the better.
Because that will lead to the inevitable conclusion that SARS-Cov2 was engineered in a lab at the WVI.
https://link.springer.com/article/10...11-021-01211-0
I think we all know the answer to that, the question... what is the world going to do about it? I suspect nothing... everyone is willing to lay down their arms to China...

However, I find the fact that covid 19 is a vascular disease more important because imho it predicts who will face issues. Some say it is both a vascular and a respiratory disease -- but isn't it more likely that the lung - o2 issues are effecting the vascular system in the lungs?

For instance people are urging me to lose weight because it effects the obese. ( I am just overweight ) but if I have done damage to my vascular system with my years being obese... then is losing weight likely to help?

As it tuns out I suspect I have a good vascular system. I have normal blood pressure, always have had normal blood sugar (glycated red blood cells can damage the vascular system) and last year I had a coronary calcium scan and my score was zero.

fyi the comments at the end of the article are pretty interesting too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness