Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2021, 09:52 AM

1,974 posts, read 1,101,925 times

Advertisements

Mouth rinse is discussed at 50:10 in this Video

Dentist have been doing this for months and its recommended by American Dental Association

If we are going to wipe out Corona, a simple protocol like this that directly kills the virus is the way to do it.

More on it here
https://www.georgekramermd.com/hydro...ral-infection/

Quote:
The hospital workers caring for COVID patients gargled 3 times a day with dilute hydrogen peroxide, and none of them got COVID. Seems too simple and too cheap of a prevention, sadly not promoted by our media.

Old 08-30-2021, 08:19 PM

4,412 posts, read 4,898,602 times
My dentist told me it's perfectly safe to gargle with regular hydrogen peroxide (the store variety that is already diluted to a safe level), that people dilute it further because it makes it more palatable.

Regarding the ivermectin, though approved as an anti-parasite drug it has been studied for anti-viral and anti-cancer properties for decades. The reason why it got traction with COVID was because of this:

"Data that further illuminates the potential protective role of ivermectin against COVID-19 come from a study of nursing home residents in France which reported that in a facility that suffered a scabies outbreak where all 69 residents and 52 staff were treated with ivermectin,41 they found that during the period surrounding this event, 7 of the 69 residents fell ill with COVID-19 (10.1%). In this group with an average age of 90 years, only one resident required oxygen support and no resident died. In a matched control group of residents from surrounding facilities, they found 22.6% of residents fell ill and 4.9% died." https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8088823/

There was reportedly another nursing home in Canada that also had residents on ivermectin for scabies that had similar results.

"But Ivermectin is available for humans. If you are going to take it, get from the pharmacy, not the feed store."

I don't know about where you live, but here the local pharmacies won't fill ivermectin prescriptions if they are indicated for COVID. Even if you have a doctor's Rx, the only option is horse paste. And nobody should take horse paste. In this article, even with a doctor's Rx, the patient's spouse had to sue the hospital to fill the Rx: https://www.kiro7.com/news/trending/...J7OSIQL6GU3EU/

Old 08-30-2021, 09:26 PM

5,710 posts, read 4,282,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terracore View Post
My dentist told me it's perfectly safe to gargle with regular hydrogen peroxide (the store variety that is already diluted to a safe level), that people dilute it further because it makes it more palatable.

Regarding the ivermectin, though approved as an anti-parasite drug it has been studied for anti-viral and anti-cancer properties for decades. The reason why it got traction with COVID was because of this:

"Data that further illuminates the potential protective role of ivermectin against COVID-19 come from a study of nursing home residents in France which reported that in a facility that suffered a scabies outbreak where all 69 residents and 52 staff were treated with ivermectin,41 they found that during the period surrounding this event, 7 of the 69 residents fell ill with COVID-19 (10.1%). In this group with an average age of 90 years, only one resident required oxygen support and no resident died. In a matched control group of residents from surrounding facilities, they found 22.6% of residents fell ill and 4.9% died." https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8088823/ /

This has probably been addressed by medical lab guy but the first thing that screamed at me from that article is that at least 2 of the authors are 2 of the main people promoting ivermectin treatment that they have developed. Sure enough just a little digging turned up that the article or a version of it was rejected by another publication for that reason, among others. https://blog.frontiersin.org/2021/03...dia-statement/

Home » Frontiers Announcements » 2 March 2021 – Media statement

Article rejection: Review of the Emerging Evidence Demonstrating the Efficacy of Ivermectin in the Prophylaxis and Treatment of COVID-19.
Dr. Frederick Fenter, Chief Executive Editor of Frontiers:
“Regardless of the publication stage or subject of a manuscript, if the integrity of an article is called into question, our policy is to investigate. Upon further scrutiny by our Research Integrity team about the objectivity of this paper during the provisional acceptance phase, it was revealed that the article made a series of strong, unsupported claims based on studies with insufficient statistical significance, and at times, without the use of control groups. Further, the authors promoted their own specific ivermectin-based treatment which is inappropriate for a review article and against our editorial policies.
“In our view, this paper does not offer an objective nor balanced scientific contribution to the evaluation of ivermectin as a potential treatment for COVID-19. Frontiers’ has published more than 2,000 rigorously peer-reviewed articles on COVID-19 since the pandemic erupted via our Coronavirus Knowledge Hub, and we are acutely aware of just how critical high-quality, objective research in this area is at this time. Frontiers takes no position on the efficacy of ivermectin as a treatment of patients with COVID-19, however, we do take a very firm stance against unbalanced or unsupported scientific conclusions.
“Our concerns were discussed by the handling editor and myself, and then further investigated by an external expert. The decision was made to reject the paper prior to publication, which was communicated to the authors via the normal channels. We note that last week the authors offered a revised version of their paper for consideration, based on the concerns discussed with the Handling Editor. Should the authors formally submit the revised manuscript, and should our concerns be addressed in this new version, the updated paper will be assessed for publication according to our standard review process. The original version has been published by the authors on their website and is available for all to read and to judge for themselves.”

Old 08-30-2021, 10:09 PM

Quote:
My dentist was already doing it Oct.2020 in IL. Unfortunate this wasnt part of the mask + wash your hands protocol from the start.

Quote:
I don't know about where you live, but here the local pharmacies won't fill ivermectin prescriptions if they are indicated for COVID. Even if you have a doctor's Rx, the only option is horse paste. And nobody should take horse paste. In this article, even with a doctor's Rx, the patient's spouse had to sue the hospital to fill the Rx: https://www.kiro7.com/news/trending/...J7OSIQL6GU3EU/
I would think these Dr. would have ideas on where to get it - LINK

Old 09-05-2021, 08:25 PM

6,156 posts, read 7,222,091 times
Unfortunately, I tested positive for Covid-19. Got it through on the job transmission. I did take both Pfizer vaccine shots in April. My symptoms are mild into day 3 since I've had them. More like a cold. Tiredness, stuffy nose. I've had no fever, body aches or any of the common symptoms. This could be due to the fact that I had the vaccine. But I also plan on contacting the doctor since I have been approved for Monoclonal Antibodies treatment which is now available and is extremely successful at getting rid of the virus quicker and keeping people from getting serious cases of Covid-19. Monoclonal Antibodies treatment has been approved by the FDA and is the same treatment Donald Trump took when he had Covid-19.

Old 09-06-2021, 12:59 PM

14,472 posts, read 12,095,136 times
Most of you who are posting about horse ivermectin have never been in the same room with it, and have no idea what they're talking about.

First... oral horse wormer isn't a pill, it's a paste. And the single dose tubes for horses have graduated dosages by weight. You don't give the whole 1250 pound tube to a 900 pound horse or a 200 pound sheep... you turn the dial to the appropriate weight.

The concerns with doing this for people are many, but the first issue is knowing what the right dosage IS for a person, and the second issue is the dial on the tube is not the most precise of measurements. It's easy to be off by as much as a hundred pounds, which is no big deal on a horse, but might be significant in a person.

I'm not recommending even trying this, but if you are trying to sound smart to others, perhaps you should know something about what you're talking about.

The problem these days is the ignorant people claiming to be experts have a lot more free internet time than the actual experts, and the ignorant are never afraid to share their ignorance everywhere.

Old 09-06-2021, 01:02 PM

14,472 posts, read 12,095,136 times
BTW - I clicked this thread initially because our tenant has been fighting covid at home for a couple WEEKS now, and I was surprised that first responders and urgent care people really had very little concrete advice for her on treatment. I would think by now there would be tried and tested handouts with which OTC remedies to get and use: soup, vitamins, theraflu, mucinex... something. We ended up dropping off a few things with her but were surprised to have to come up with the list ourselves.

Old 09-07-2021, 12:05 AM

Quote:
How easy is it to get started with gargle/nasal rinse hydrogen peroxide(50:10-51:10 in this Video)?

Walgreens sells their own branded 3% hydrogen peroxide solution. On the bottle, it states "Use as a gargle or rinse*

Just rinse with water afterwards

FLCCC has their own version of this protocol.
Antiviral mouthwash: Gargle 3 x daily (do not swallow; must contain chlorhexidine, povidone-iodine,
or cetylpyridinium chloride). Iodine nasal spray/drops: Use 1% povidone-iodine commercial product
as per instructions 2–3 x daily.
If 1%-product not available, must first dilute the more widely available
10%-solution and apply 4–5 drops to each nostril every 4 hours. (No more than 5 days in pregnancy.)

Directly kill the virus at initial infections points - chart

Old 09-08-2021, 03:17 AM

7,251 posts, read 5,123,089 times
One more time, Folks--

It is technically/mathematically very difficult to prove that some remedy "works" for a disease that is contacted by only 10% of the population (half of whom don't get sick at all from it) and the survival rate is now 99.6% no matter what, if any, treatment s given.

Primum non nocere.

Old 09-08-2021, 05:38 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,886,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Most of you who are posting about horse ivermectin have never been in the same room with it, and have no idea what they're talking about.

First... oral horse wormer isn't a pill, it's a paste. And the single dose tubes for horses have graduated dosages by weight. You don't give the whole 1250 pound tube to a 900 pound horse or a 200 pound sheep... you turn the dial to the appropriate weight.

The concerns with doing this for people are many, but the first issue is knowing what the right dosage IS for a person, and the second issue is the dial on the tube is not the most precise of measurements. It's easy to be off by as much as a hundred pounds, which is no big deal on a horse, but might be significant in a person.

I'm not recommending even trying this, but if you are trying to sound smart to others, perhaps you should know something about what you're talking about.

The problem these days is the ignorant people claiming to be experts have a lot more free internet time than the actual experts, and the ignorant are never afraid to share their ignorance everywhere.
Ivermectin also comes in liquid form for cattle. (I've been in the same room with this stuff! LOL)

It comes in pill form for humans.

It also can come as a lotion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness