Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2021, 05:52 PM

2,182 posts, read 2,320,819 times

Advertisements

My father recently had a stent procedure to his right coronary artery (95% blocked). He was very fortunate. A friend close to his age said that he can still have a heart attack with the stent in place. I was surprised to hear this.

Do any of you know anyone who's had this experience? Did the heart attack occur shortly after the stent was inserted, or after some years? TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2021, 07:10 PM

2,893 posts, read 2,143,681 times
yes. my ex had stents then had an MI. then he had a CABG and later another MI. he's not the healthiest of guys. I don't remember the time frame for all of this.

Old 06-25-2021, 07:32 PM

Thank you old fed.

Old 06-26-2021, 05:08 PM

2,893 posts, read 2,143,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winterbird View Post
Thank you old fed.
you're welcome.

best wishes for your father.

I'll just add that the ex didn't do anything after his stents to modify diet or exercise so make of that what you will.

Old 06-26-2021, 05:57 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
I got a nice fresh story. On the 17th after my second IVIG session for June I went a little south. As I left the infusion clinic I went south. Nothing very specific but I felt bad. Spouse alerted the infusion clinic who came right out and slapped O2 on me. I never use it normally. After watching for a while and talking to my oncologist they insisted that I go to the nearby emergency room. Said they would call 911 and have me hauled there if we did not agree to go under our own power. We went.

The ER hauled me right in and went on a needle and test attack. Must have gotten stuck 10 or 12 times in the first hour. So they admitted me and ran me up to the Cath lab or wherever and did an arteriogram. They then inserted 2 stents one of which they said was a substantial blockage. After looking around at the arteries and the test results they reached an opinion that the precipitating event was a mild heart attack. Later on all my regular MDs agreed.

They discharged me 4 days later. Said I looked fine but take it easy for a while. Went back to the cardiologist who did the arteriogram and my regular cardiologist who has been supervising my heart for over 20 years. Consensus was no big infusions until the stents healed for a couple of months. So for me as pleasant interlude this summer. Then back to the wild ride.

At this point my heart has almost been totally reconditioned. Triple by pass. two or three arteriograms. Three stents. An ablation. And I think at least 50 ecg in the last quarter.

Vital signs are a little screwy but basically OK. So we shall sit back and see what next.

Old 06-26-2021, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old fed View Post
you're welcome.

best wishes for your father.

I'll just add that the ex didn't do anything after his stents to modify diet or exercise so make of that what you will.

Thanks again My father has modified his diet and began exercising again. He's down 16 pounds so far

Old 06-27-2021, 12:04 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,656,371 times
Atherosclerosis of one artery usually means more in other arteries. Wake up call to change habits.

Old 06-27-2021, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
I got a nice fresh story. On the 17th after my second IVIG session for June I went a little south. As I left the infusion clinic I went south. Nothing very specific but I felt bad. Spouse alerted the infusion clinic who came right out and slapped O2 on me. I never use it normally. After watching for a while and talking to my oncologist they insisted that I go to the nearby emergency room. Said they would call 911 and have me hauled there if we did not agree to go under our own power. We went.

The ER hauled me right in and went on a needle and test attack. Must have gotten stuck 10 or 12 times in the first hour. So they admitted me and ran me up to the Cath lab or wherever and did an arteriogram. They then inserted 2 stents one of which they said was a substantial blockage. After looking around at the arteries and the test results they reached an opinion that the precipitating event was a mild heart attack. Later on all my regular MDs agreed.

They discharged me 4 days later. Said I looked fine but take it easy for a while. Went back to the cardiologist who did the arteriogram and my regular cardiologist who has been supervising my heart for over 20 years. Consensus was no big infusions until the stents healed for a couple of months. So for me as pleasant interlude this summer. Then back to the wild ride.

At this point my heart has almost been totally reconditioned. Triple by pass. two or three arteriograms. Three stents. An ablation. And I think at least 50 ecg in the last quarter.

Vital signs are a little screwy but basically OK. So we shall sit back and see what next.

Thanks for sharing your experience, Ivmensch. And best wishes on continued healing

Old 06-27-2021, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbssd View Post
Im so sorry for your dad Winterbird..... I hope he feels 100% better soon

Im so sorry,I hope you arw feeling fine now

Thank you pitbssd, me too

Old 06-27-2021, 10:53 PM

14 posts, read 9,772 times
It’s really simple, Texas is the confluence of the South, southwest and Great Plains.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness