Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2021, 01:29 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
NONE of these points apply to someone that has already had it and recovered. Why should they be required to get a vaccine?
because natural immunity is not forever. https://www.news-medical.net/news/20...OVID-last.aspx

Old 11-02-2021, 01:33 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,223,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
As I said earlier, the links you shared are largely conservative news sites cherry-picking numbers from unrelated studies without context, plus a cancer expert with no infectious disease expertise and a history of questionable assertions.

To say nothing of the fact that, even if natural immunity were 100% effective, you still have to survive infection by the deadly disease in order to obtain natural immunity. If it were safe to get immunity "naturally", nobody would care about immunity in the first place.

Edit: Also I don't know what you mean by "resisting all aspects of the virus", and I don't think you do either. It would be like if you had to cross the street and needed to identify cars by looking for the color red, or by looking for wheels. The first will protect you from red cars and the second will protect you from all non-hover cars, but in either case you avoid being run over by the entire car (if identified).

Vaccine-induced memory T-cells have learned to identify invaders by recognizing the spike protein, but they still kill the entire virus.

One of my links was the NIH. And the links you shared are... missing.

I've never stated that getting infected and recovering is a wise path going forward for those who have never been infected. Especially for those in a vulnerable demographic. But the risk of infection is past tense for those already recovered. Betting on a game that has already been played is a pretty safe bet. Why should they be subjected to vaccine mandates?

Vaccines that target only the spike protein are subject to ineffectiveness if just that one aspect of the virus changes. If you don't know what I'm talking about with regards to "other aspects" then it is you that is not understanding. You probably won't know what this vaccine director is talking about either.

Recovered COVID-19 patients retain broad and effective longer-term immunity to the disease, suggests a recent Emory University study, which is the most comprehensive of its kind so far. The findings have implications for expanding understanding about human immune memory as well as future vaccine development for coronaviruses. “Vaccines that target other parts of the virus rather than just the spike protein may be more helpful in containing infection as SARS-CoV-2 variants overtake the prevailing strains,” says Ahmed.

“The study serves as a framework to define and predict long-lived immunity to SARS-CoV-2 after natural infection. We also saw indications in this phase that natural immunity could continue to persist,” Ahmed says.

https://news.emory.edu/stories/2021/...nce/index.html

Or maybe this NIH will explain why broad antibodies from recovered handle variants better than rtargetted antibodies from the vaccines.

What the researchers found was a bit of a surprise: the vast majority of antibodies—about 84 percent—targeted other portions of the spike protein than the RBD. This suggests a successful immune response doesn’t concentrate on the RBD. It involves production of antibodies capable of covering areas across the entire spike.

Also noteworthy, about 40 percent of the circulating antibodies target yet another portion of the spike called the S2 subunit. This finding is especially encouraging because this portion of SARS-CoV-2 does not seem as mutable as the NTD segment, suggesting that S2-directed antibodies might offer a layer of protection against a wider array of variants.

https://directorsblog.nih.gov/2021/0...spike-protein/

Here's some more showing effective and persistent protection for the recovered. I really could go on and on. Only those with the head in the sand (or certain other anatomical part) of the pro-vax machine could not be aware of it all.

Longitudinal analysis shows durable and broad immune memory after SARS-CoV-2 infection with persisting antibody responses and memory B and T cells. Here, we evaluate 254 COVID-19 patients longitudinally up to eight months and find durable broad-based immune responses.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33948610/

The team says that taken together, the findings suggest that broad and effective immunity may persist long-term in recovered COVID-19 patients.

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20...-immunity.aspx

Old 11-02-2021, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
have fun with that!!
You'll need those boosters the rest of your life as you'll now be vaccine dependent.
Whats wrong with a natural immunity...and why aren't they giving antibody tests before vaccinations?
Why is the CDC saying natural immunity is no good?...it's the best immunity to diseases you can get
AFAIK no one said natural immunity is 'no good' where did you get that? But there is plenty of evidence that it doesn't last forever. And as far as boosters for the rest of my life, so what, I get the flu vaccine every year - if they decided that I should get it twice a year I wouldn't have a melt down over it. And there has been no evidence of ADE in testing on humans or animals, most articles I read said that it would have shown up by now if it was going to be a problem.

Old 11-02-2021, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
because natural immunity is not forever. https://www.news-medical.net/news/20...OVID-last.aspx

Are the vaccines? Do the vaccine mandates require vaccines within a certain time span? Justify the discrepancy. You're wanting to apply one standard for recovered immunity and another standard for vaccinated immunity. If you don't want to trust the protection for one after six months then why would you trust the protection of the other after six months?

Old 11-02-2021, 01:43 PM

Quote:
One of my links was the NIH. And the links you shared are... missing.

I've never stated that getting infected and recovering is a wise path going forward for those who have never been infected. But the risk of infection is past tense for those already recovered. Betting on a game that has already been played is a pretty safe bet. Why should they be subjected to vaccine mandates?

Vaccines that target only the spike protein are subject to ineffectiveness if just that one aspect of the virus changes. If you don't know what I'm talking about with regards to "other aspects" then it is you that is not understanding. You probably won't know what this vaccine director is talking about either.

Recovered COVID-19 patients retain broad and effective longer-term immunity to the disease, suggests a recent Emory University study, which is the most comprehensive of its kind so far. The findings have implications for expanding understanding about human immune memory as well as future vaccine development for coronaviruses. “Vaccines that target other parts of the virus rather than just the spike protein may be more helpful in containing infection as SARS-CoV-2 variants overtake the prevailing strains,” says Ahmed.

“The study serves as a framework to define and predict long-lived immunity to SARS-CoV-2 after natural infection. We also saw indications in this phase that natural immunity could continue to persist,” Ahmed says.

https://news.emory.edu/stories/2021/...nce/index.html

Or maybe this NIH will explain why broad antibodies from recovered handle variants better than rtargetted antibodies from the vaccines.

What the researchers found was a bit of a surprise: the vast majority of antibodies—about 84 percent—targeted other portions of the spike protein than the RBD. This suggests a successful immune response doesn’t concentrate on the RBD. It involves production of antibodies capable of covering areas across the entire spike.

Also noteworthy, about 40 percent of the circulating antibodies target yet another portion of the spike called the S2 subunit. This finding is especially encouraging because this portion of SARS-CoV-2 does not seem as mutable as the NTD segment, suggesting that S2-directed antibodies might offer a layer of protection against a wider array of variants.

https://directorsblog.nih.gov/2021/0...spike-protein/

Here's some more showing effective and persistent protection for the recovered. I really could go on and on. Only those with the head in the sand (or certain other anatomical part) of the pro-vax machine could not be aware of it all.

Longitudinal analysis shows durable and broad immune memory after SARS-CoV-2 infection with persisting antibody responses and memory B and T cells. Here, we evaluate 254 COVID-19 patients longitudinally up to eight months and find durable broad-based immune responses.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33948610/

The team says that taken together, the findings suggest that broad and effective immunity may persist long-term in recovered COVID-19 patients.

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20...-immunity.aspx
And in mild cases of Covid some patients are seronegative in 4-6 months, and in asymptomatic cases over a third of patients 36.5% did not produce neutralizing antibodies. Among those who did, circulating levels began to fall after 25 days. So what is your answer to that? Should we just throw the dice if we've had Covid and depend on natural immunity, or do will we need to have antibody tests every month?
https://www.news-medical.net/news/20...OVID-last.aspx

Old 11-02-2021, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Are the vaccines? Do the vaccine mandates require vaccines within a certain time span? Justify the discrepancy. You're wanting to apply one standard for recovered immunity and another standard for vaccinated immunity. If you don't want to trust the protection for one after six months then why would you trust the protection of the other after six months?
There's no discrepancy at all. You are anti vaccine so you are doubling down on the idea of life time immunity. I'm following the science which at this point in time suggests we need to be vaccinated and follow that up with boosters. I choose to follow the science, I'm not much of a gambler.

Old 11-02-2021, 02:44 PM

Quote:
And in mild cases of Covid some patients are seronegative in 4-6 months, and in asymptomatic cases over a third of patients 36.5% did not produce neutralizing antibodies. Among those who did, circulating levels began to fall after 25 days. So what is your answer to that? Should we just throw the dice if we've had Covid and depend on natural immunity, or do will we need to have antibody tests every month?
https://www.news-medical.net/news/20...OVID-last.aspx

My answer to that is a question for you - how are their B-cells and T-cells? Antibodies are not and should not be used as an indicator of level of protection. I provided links showing Fauci and the FDA saying this. Why are you evaluating protection in a way the experts say to not evaluate it?

Old 11-02-2021, 02:46 PM

Quote:
There's no discrepancy at all. You are anti vaccine so you are doubling down on the idea of life time immunity. I'm following the science which at this point in time suggests we need to be vaccinated and follow that up with boosters. I choose to follow the science, I'm not much of a gambler.

I never said anything about lifetime immunity. I'm doubling down in demanding equal standards be applied.

I'm also not anti-vax. I have taken plenty of vaccines. I'm against vaccine mandates.

Old 11-02-2021, 02:59 PM

Quote:
My answer to that is a question for you - how are their B-cells and T-cells? Antibodies are not and should not be used as an indicator of level of protection. I provided links showing Fauci and the FDA saying this. Why are you evaluating protection in a way the experts say to not evaluate it?
T and B cells don't last forever, so once again you want to roll the dice and I don't, I don't see any reason to bicker about it; let's just agree to disagree and move on?

https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...ID-19-develops

Old 11-02-2021, 03:15 PM

Quote:
T and B cells don't last forever, so once again you want to roll the dice and I don't, I don't see any reason to bicker about it; let's just agree to disagree and move on?

https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...ID-19-develops

We can move on but not with an unsubstantiated claim. I found nothing in your link that said when B and T cells fade. How long did it say they last?

But your own link did say "An October 2021 study by the Yale School of Public Health that was published in The Lancet Microbe reported that unvaccinated people should have immunity against reinfection for 3 to 61 months after they get COVID-19".

Up to 61 months protection for the recovered? Wowza. How's that compare to your vaccine? All in all, thanks for yet another link indicating effective and long-term protection with recovered immunity.

About those T-cells. This study found it can be pretty long.

“Antibodies do look slightly precarious and transient in the blood, while there is a lot of evidence that T-cells are long lasting,”said Mala Maini, professor of viral immunology at University College London.

“Antibodies do look slightly precarious and transient in the blood, while there is a lot of evidence that T-cells are long lasting,” said Mala Maini, professor of viral immunology at University College London.
"People who recovered from Sars, the disease most closely related to Covid-19, in 2003 still show cellular immunity to that coronavirus 17 years later."
https://www-ft-com.newman.richmond.e...7-860cf7737b2f
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness