Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2021, 03:06 PM

37,119 posts, read 41,299,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
I know of two specific cases who went to the hospital with a condition unrelated to Covid, tested positive for Covid and reason for visit was listed as Covid. One was a tick bite the other was foreign object in the eye. They weren't treated for Covid.
Hospitals still are not reimbursed for covid deaths.

Can you show us the discharge paperwork, any identifying information removed?

Old 12-06-2021, 06:34 PM

17,402 posts, read 16,553,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Hospitals still are not reimbursed for covid deaths.

Can you show us the discharge paperwork, any identifying information removed?
We have heard far too many stories of this sort of thing happening. Apparently they must be testing any and every person who comes into the hospital whether they have Covid symptoms or not.

There was a woman who was found unresponsive in her home. She was taken to the hospital where she was determined to have sepsis from an untreated UTI. She died but also tested positive for Covid and her death was ruled Covid related. I don't have any hospital papers to prove this happened but I absolutely believe 100% that it happened.

Old 12-06-2021, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
We have heard far too many stories of this sort of thing happening. Apparently they must be testing any and every person who comes into the hospital whether they have Covid symptoms or not.

There was a woman who was found unresponsive in her home. She was taken to the hospital where she was determined to have sepsis from an untreated UTI. She died but also tested positive for Covid and her death was ruled Covid related. I don't have any hospital papers to prove this happened but I absolutely believe 100% that it happened.
"Stories" are not proof of anything happening.

Old 12-07-2021, 05:11 PM

18,549 posts, read 15,596,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
have fun with that!!
You'll need those boosters the rest of your life as you'll now be vaccine dependent.
Whats wrong with a natural immunity...and why aren't they giving antibody tests before vaccinations?
Why is the CDC saying natural immunity is no good?...it's the best immunity to diseases you can get
The truth could be that both types of immunity follow a similar pattern. Very solid protection for a few months, with protection from infection dropping off while protection against severe disease remains strong for longer.

The CDC has a limited set of analyses they actually perform, due largely to data-related limitations and also due to bureaucracy. You can look at studies from Israel and the UK to fill in the gaps when the CDC simply has no answer.

Old 12-07-2021, 05:19 PM

18,549 posts, read 15,596,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
According to two of my doctors, many people were hospitalized who had underlying conditions and tested positive for Covid. Hospitals classified their deaths as Covid when in reality their other conditions were cause.

Yes, many died, but the statistics just indicate Death, not death with diabetics, congestive heart failure, etc. The number of people diagnosed does not indicate seriousness, i.e. no symptoms, headache, ventilator, etc. So there is no way to really get a good picture of Covid medically. It is either a yes or no and that tells me nothing.
Excess death rate. Google it.

Old 12-07-2021, 05:26 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,307,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
Excess death rate. Google it.
So who should be counted, only people who had no preexisting conditions?

Old 12-07-2021, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
Who said it is "better"? We wouldn't be in this mess if no one caught this virus. (It's not a "deadly disease").
788,000 people in the US have died from it, I don't know why you would say it's not deadly.

Old 12-07-2021, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
788,000 people in the US have died from it, I don't know why you would say it's not deadly.
https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/2021...ave-died-covid

"Sept. 15, 2021 -- The U.S. has passed another sad milestone in the pandemic: Now, 1 in every 500 Americans have died of COVID-19 since the country’s first reported infection last year."

Additional deaths since then just make it worse.

Old 12-07-2021, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/2021...ave-died-covid

"Sept. 15, 2021 -- The U.S. has passed another sad milestone in the pandemic: Now, 1 in every 500 Americans have died of COVID-19 since the country’s first reported infection last year."

Additional deaths since then just make it worse.
But that can't be true, we were just told it's not deadly. One of my anti-vaxxer relatives told me that the videos of body bags being loaded into refrigerator trucks at a hospital were 'fake news' and those weren't dead people in the bags, it was either dummies or ebay gig actors /sigh

Old 12-08-2021, 09:55 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,950,915 times
Quote:
Quote:
But that can't be true, we were just told it's not deadly. One of my anti-vaxxer relatives told me that the videos of body bags being loaded into refrigerator trucks at a hospital were 'fake news' and those weren't dead people in the bags, it was either dummies or ebay gig actors /sigh

Knock it off. The virus invaded humans and humans who had current disease and risk factors did not have a strong enough immune system to fight it. They died. The percentage rate of survival is pretty darn high. Unfortunately. The post you quoted was a different conversation. Don't twist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness