Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2022, 05:04 AM

10,864 posts, read 6,484,106 times

Advertisements

eating all the time and still feel hungry,is that a good sign of insulin resistance?
nothing he eats is being turned into energy?
so he is peeing often,his kidneys are working over time,what is next?his heart>
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2022, 05:06 AM

while you are waiting for test results,get some lettuce instead of bread and yogurt,wrap some Boarhead roast beef with lettuce leaves ,no mustard,no dressing.

Old 05-29-2022, 07:30 AM

12,169 posts, read 8,021,713 times
I got my blood results back within 24 hours (huge shout out to Labcorp)

However, these do NOT make sense. Doctor will most likely call me Tuesday.

However,
Everything came back normal exceptttt:

Blood Glucose: 119mg/dl (prediabetic)
AIc: 5.6 (normalish?)

A/G ratio: 2.7 (very high)
High RBC Count

Ketones found in urine.
Proteins traces found in protein.
Concentration of urine was high (gravity)
Hemacratic: 54% (high)
Hemoglobin: High

My TSH, cholestrol? Normal. Overall cholesterol was 167. But my LDL was very high

I fasted 12 hours, i drank about 6-9 bottles of water the previous night and morning of.

Last edited by masssachoicetts; 05-29-2022 at 07:58 AM..

Old 05-29-2022, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
while you are waiting for test results,get some lettuce instead of bread and yogurt,wrap some Boarhead roast beef with lettuce leaves ,no mustard,no dressing.
Actually, going to pick that up today. Sounds good!

Old 05-29-2022, 08:36 AM

13,075 posts, read 7,515,583 times
Celery, Chinese cabbage (aka Napa ), bok choi, daikon-chinese radish, turnips, mustard greens, kale, collards. Spinach. Grain brans. Bulk up on fiber foods.
Eat soups.

Old 05-29-2022, 09:26 AM

For camparison: a1c in 2020 (11/20/2020) was 4.0

Old 05-29-2022, 10:23 AM

1,148 posts, read 863,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
I got my blood results back within 24 hours (huge shout out to Labcorp)

However, these do NOT make sense. Doctor will most likely call me Tuesday.

However,
Everything came back normal exceptttt:

Blood Glucose: 119mg/dl (prediabetic)
AIc: 5.6 (normalish?)

A/G ratio: 2.7 (very high)
High RBC Count

Ketones found in urine.
Proteins traces found in protein.
Concentration of urine was high (gravity)
Hemacratic: 54% (high)
Hemoglobin: High

My TSH, cholestrol? Normal. Overall cholesterol was 167. But my LDL was very high

I fasted 12 hours, i drank about 6-9 bottles of water the previous night and morning of.
All results must be viewed within a clinical context and we do not have all that information in front of us and so the doctor is in the best position to evaluate those results. The same results can have very different interpretations depending on any particular patient. With that in mind, I will make general comments that may or may not apply to you.

A prediabetic blood glucose reading and a normal A1C reflect recent changes or transient changes in glucose metabolism. The A1C reflects three months glucose average which is completely normal. Recent changes can indicate a glucose intolerance due to type 1 diabetes where there is sputtering of insulin deficiency during the honeymoon phase of diabetes. Transient changes can occur if one does not get a good night's sleep the night before testing where studies show that one can have a mild glucose intolerance the next day. The other option is that one only recently became prediabetic. One can determine that by repeating glucose fasting or doing a glucose tolerance test. The tolerance challenge test is more sensitive than fasting glucose levels as a change to glucose tolerance occurs first before elevations in fasting glucose occurs. I do not know why they did an A1c in 2020. Something is going on there that I am not aware of other maybe a portly body type.

The high albumin ratio can reflect difficulties in the blood draw through venous hemoconcentration if they had difficulties drawing your blood or can reflect dehydration. The urine had a high specific gravity so there is some dehydration there. There's no mention of your sodium which also determine hydration status. The high RBC H%H can also elevate with dehydration or difficulties in blood draw with prolonged tourniquet effects of hemoconcentration. Other causes for that can be issues with the heart and lungs. Some portly figured individuals can tend to have high hemoglobin hematocrit issues. Other rare causes can be nephroma or tumors of the kidney that can elevate blood pressure and most usually have blood in the urine.

What is of concern here is the protein in the urine. Any protein in the urine is of concern. The consistent presence of protein in the urine is indicative of long-standing hypertension. One does not want to have protein in the urine. One hopes it is only transient and so repeat testing should be considered. If asked to do so I would do so fasting again because food can generate some transient proteins in the urine. A spot urine protein/creatinine ratio is best. Your urine was concentrated which also can impact urinalysis dipstick readings. The colors are altered which makes reading less reliable. Diabetics have a more sensitive test for monitoring renal function and that is microablumin urine levels. Again I would recommend that you fast for such testing.

I am concerned by your comments that you state you drink a lot of water before the test and the morning of and yet you appeared to be dehydrated with urine-specific gravity testing. Your urine should not have been concentrated. Your sodium is normal and not high and yet your urine is concentrated. Normally when one gets thirsty it is because their blood has high sodium levels increasing osmolality of the blood and the thirst receptors in the carotid region sense the elevated osmolality and thirst is generated.

There are two hormones that regulate or have an impact on water regulation. The first is aldosterone which has a direct impact on sodium blood levels. An elevation of that hormone can elevate sodium and can also elevate blood pressure because water is retained following the sodium. The other is the anti-diuretic hormone that can cause people to retain water or to release water. A deficiency of that hormone can cause the release of water in your body and dehydration to occur and that condition is called Diabetes insipidus. In those cases however the urine is dilute and not concentrated because they are not able to form concentrated urine.

You do not have vomiting or diarrhea and so the only other source of water loss would be sweating. You need to drink more water to avoid dehydration.

As far as lipid testing goes. There's a formula they use to determine a ten-year risk assessment of you coming down with coronary artery disease and if it is greater than a 15% chance then statin medication is recommended. The formula used calculates risk as a percentage risk for the next ten years.

Your doctor will have the final say on all of this.

Old 05-29-2022, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leastprime View Post
Celery, Chinese cabbage (aka Napa ), bok choi, daikon-chinese radish, turnips, mustard greens, kale, collards. Spinach. Grain brans. Bulk up on fiber foods.
Eat soups.
Daikon will make him go to bathroom .
but good to know his TSH is normal,so no thyroid problem.

Old 05-29-2022, 11:42 AM

13,075 posts, read 7,515,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
Daikon will make him go to bathroom .
but good to know his TSH is normal,so no thyroid problem.
all that pissing will dehydrate him. It does me. I can eat unlimited budget eating or $$ for vegs. I will eat at least 5 pieces of daikon (1.5 inch cubes) per day to help me poop. Boiled Daikon has a bland flavor. I also have a high BP problem and take a diuretic so I need all the help I can get.

YDMV

Old 05-29-2022, 01:10 PM

How does daikon help you poop??
If you boil the daikon,you can drink the water as well,but eating raw is fine too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness