Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2022, 05:18 AM

491 posts, read 393,899 times

Advertisements

I came down with Covid maybe 8 months ago. Had a few bad days then besides a lack of energy things improved, mostly. But I did notice my sense of smell was messed up. I could open a new bottle of bleach and not smell it. While there has been some improvements I still have an issue with this. Also my sense of taste was affected and still seems to be. But on a good note I decided to take my health (Diabetes Type II and weight) under control and since then I have lost 50 lbs. Right at where I was 30 years ago as a younger man. But this sense of taste still is an issue and some foods all have a particular taste that I cannot pinpoint. It always is the same taste and with food I have always loved. I read some have a continuing issue with an iron taste but I cannot tell if this if this is what I taste or not. While I had decided to get my health/weight under control already I do believe this issue of taste and smell certainly made it easier. Not a perfect situation but I cannot complain too much all things considered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2022, 05:26 AM

3,934 posts, read 2,186,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
I attended a CE event on COVID last week.

A variety of speakers from several med schools and 1 from NIH

This virus is drastically different than any virus we have seen before

Prevailing opinion (I said opinion to keep this off of P&OC) was that this is a lab born, and manipulated, virus that is designed to keep changing to stay ahead of immunity. A true bio weapon that escaped the lab (consensus was accidentally)

I wish that the webinar was still online
Try to look for it - and share with us - hopefully someone would keep posting it on mirror sites.

Was there anything said about the expected/unexpected aftermath of the infection?
What were the expectations in design? Any advice to the affected?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness