Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 02:41 PM

1,888 posts, read 843,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
ER`s are for emergencies, not for those with little boo-boos. people have serious symptoms going on, and they have to wait because of someone with a sore thumb.
I think everybody covered the sore thumb issue pretty well, but I really want to reinforce what this poster said. The ER isn't to be used as a clinic, it's for serious, life-threatening illness & injuries. In other words, you have to feel like you are actually dying, like I was & nearly did twice. Go to your PCP or urgent care for something like this if you can't figure out home-care first.

Where I used to live the ER was clogged with people who had "gripa", also homeless people who wanted to steal wheelchairs & get drugs or free stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 08:22 PM

7,769 posts, read 3,360,986 times
If you have any Epsom Salts I would think about giving it a soak with the Epsom Salts. I notice that scrapes and cuts and acne heal faster when I do a soak with the salts....

Old Today, 11:09 AM

51,058 posts, read 24,544,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalWorth View Post
I think everybody covered the sore thumb issue pretty well, but I really want to reinforce what this poster said. The ER isn't to be used as a clinic, it's for serious, life-threatening illness & injuries. In other words, you have to feel like you are actually dying, like I was & nearly did twice. Go to your PCP or urgent care for something like this if you can't figure out home-care first.

Where I used to live the ER was clogged with people who had "gripa", also homeless people who wanted to steal wheelchairs & get drugs or free stuff.
To be honest, however, there are things that our urgent care facilities here should be handling that are NOT close to being life threatening, and they send you to ER. It's a cash cow here.

Old Today, 11:40 AM

3,550 posts, read 6,563,248 times
When people soak their thumbs or fingers - is it to cause the skin to break so the pus will drain, or is it just to relieve swelling/pain?

When I did it, I did it because it hurt. I didn't even realize it would cause the pus to leak out. Thank God.

Old Today, 04:33 PM

37,216 posts, read 41,428,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpasa View Post
When people soak their thumbs or fingers - is it to cause the skin to break so the pus will drain, or is it just to relieve swelling/pain?

When I did it, I did it because it hurt. I didn't even realize it would cause the pus to leak out. Thank God.
Both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness