Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2008, 03:19 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,868,052 times

Advertisements

I live in the Arizona desert. I do have severe allergies to dust. Unfortunately I can't move right now because I need to find a job someplace else first. Well anyway, it has been breezy here lately. The farmers have also been burning the fields. Now for the past week or so I have noticed that my chest hurts anytime I walk outside. Yesterday, there was a huge fire in the fields and my chest started hurting so bad that I thought I was going to pass out. My chest was also feeling really tight yesterday. I feel out of breath anytime I walk outside and they are burning the fields. I don't know if this is something I need to talk with a doctor about or not. I keep taking cough medicine and hope that will help but it hasn't worked yet. I am just so frustrated with going to the doctor because I have been battling allergies ever since I moved here and nothing they give me works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2008, 03:31 PM

8,410 posts, read 39,290,554 times
Do you take any other medications or have high blood pressure?

If not an alternative route would be red clover. It comes in tea and capsule form.
I think the tea works better. It feels fresher and more soothing.

Not to be used if preggers.

Old 08-06-2008, 03:31 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,175,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebelt1234 View Post
I live in the Arizona desert. I do have severe allergies to dust. Unfortunately I can't move right now because I need to find a job someplace else first. Well anyway, it has been breezy here lately. The farmers have also been burning the fields. Now for the past week or so I have noticed that my chest hurts anytime I walk outside. Yesterday, there was a huge fire in the fields and my chest started hurting so bad that I thought I was going to pass out. My chest was also feeling really tight yesterday. I feel out of breath anytime I walk outside and they are burning the fields. I don't know if this is something I need to talk with a doctor about or not. I keep taking cough medicine and hope that will help but it hasn't worked yet. I am just so frustrated with going to the doctor because I have been battling allergies ever since I moved here and nothing they give me works.
As a lifelong Az resident I hear ya......lots of crap blowing around. What about an inhaler to clear up your chest? If your doctor isn't giving you something that is helping i'd get a new doctor......get a second opinion at least. They should have ruled out any Rheumatic disorders.....try sleeping with a vick's mister in the meantime

Old 08-06-2008, 04:02 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,290,129 times
sounds like you may have alittle reactive airway disease going on. You should see your doctor and get an inhaler. They will make a huge difference. The winds and allergies seems particulary bad in AZ and NM this year. I live in NM and this was the first year I had allergies, my doctor said I has asthma for the first time at age 42 so I have to make sure I have an inhaler around. You really need to get it checked since it can progress into something really serious really fast.

Old 08-07-2008, 07:11 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,267,188 times
Try a neti pot. When I lived in Vegas it really helped me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness