Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2008, 09:57 AM

210 posts, read 744,730 times

Advertisements

Lately it seems i am having a problem with acne on mainly my forehead. I am 36 male and am at my wits end. I have tried everything known to man with no results. Any of you have/had this issue and if so what do you use to treat it. What do you use every morning or night? Any home made remedies? HELP!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2008, 04:19 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,282,515 times
I would change your diet first. Try the Blood Type Diet for a couple of months.

The Blood Type Diet :: Peter D'Adamo

For skin care I'd try Pro Activ. If that doesn't work for you I'd move on to drugstore products. You will need a salicylic based product of some kind to unclog your pores. I used the Neutrogena orange cleanser before my skin cleared up... on the Pill. After washing your face with the orange stuff slather 2.5% benzoyl peroxide all over your face, like a mask. If this is too drying use a good basic moisturizer like Olay to counterbalance the dryness. I got this tip from an acne website.

Buy Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Salicylic Acid Acne Treatment Online at drugstore.com

Buy Olay Active Hydrating Beauty Fluid Sensitive Skin Online at drugstore.com

Buy Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment, Vanishing Formula Online at drugstore.com

Old 09-04-2008, 08:52 AM

428 posts, read 1,630,393 times
If you've tried "everything" you probably need to see a dermatologist. (I am one.) Sometimes it takes a few tries at different combinations of prescription products, but we are usually successful.

Old 09-04-2008, 11:15 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,251,440 times
What hair styling products/conditioners are you using?
Any other product use on that area?
Are you a forehead toucher?
Hat wearer?

Old 09-11-2008, 02:43 AM

1 posts, read 13,998 times
i would suggest trying "Proactive" you can view this product at Proactive .com. i have used it and have had no further outbreakes...it is super. all of those over the counter remedies can create more troubles on top of the ones she already has. if she has very sensitive skin, these products can also iritate it more. Proactive has the ingredients that really work and a lot of celebs use it too. for sensitive skin i would use it slowly at first. drink tones of water, as the skin needs to be hydrated. the water also helps to cleanse the pores. i had also gone to a dermatologist who in turn had placed me on different types of skin care, which only made things worse. not saying dermatologists remedies are not good, just saying that there are times where they don't really work on some people and can be very costly. try the Proactive and see how that works for her. the cost isn't all that expensive and the results are great...hope this works for her... as far as foods, fresh fruits and vegetables are super. have her steam the veges so they don't lose their nutrients and vitamins. stay away from fatty foods such as fast food burgers, or fried. stress is also a main factor for more irritation to the skin. i know that this kind of condition can really take a toll of someone physically..( i was one of them too ). exercise and healthy activity are an important part too. i am no doctor, so if things get worse for her i still would suggest seeing one. also, has she tried a nutritionist? they are super for helping to maintain a very healthy diet... as far as the "Levulan", i am sorry, but i have never heard of this, maybe someone else can find a better answer for you with that. i wish your friend well, and the best of luck. she will be just fine. beauty is within and i am sure she is a very beautiful person... take care.

Old 09-11-2008, 09:22 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,180,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
What hair styling products/conditioners are you using?
Any other product use on that area?
Are you a forehead toucher?
Hat wearer?

that is what I was gonna ask...

Does your hair hang over your forehead...it could be from hair products...
it could be more of a contact dermititis than acne.

Old 01-26-2010, 11:38 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,188,149 times
This is an old thread but I am bringing it up because I finally seem to have gotten rid of my acne after 11 years. I had perfect skin until I turned 19 years old and could not believe that it was my diet since I hadn't changed anything.

Anyway, I found out that I am allergic to dairy and have to cut it all out including hidden diary. It took me about 6 weeks to see the change. I found out because I am nursing my infant who was showing signs of a diary allergy.

just FYI.

Old 01-26-2010, 11:48 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,734,689 times
It happens again later in life sadly. Definitely go see a dermotolgist.

Old 06-11-2010, 05:24 AM

1 posts, read 12,327 times
hi,
my name is Stewart T.
i suffer too of forehead acne and i tried many treatments, but it didn't help.
i think i will try and your solution Pro Activ.
also i found on http://www.forehead-acne.net an ebook that treat acne. Do u think it's worth?
good luck!

Last edited by tornishca; 06-11-2010 at 05:27 AM.. Reason: post mesage

Old 06-11-2010, 06:41 AM

2,637 posts, read 12,628,093 times
Those acne e-books are a scam. So is Pro-active for that matter - you can get the same active ingredients for a fraction of the cost at your local drugstore, there's nothing special about Pro-active except its marketing scheme.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness