Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 09:04 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,834,060 times

Advertisements

What a dumb question!
Noting is safe to breath into your lungs except clean fresh air.
Everybody knows that.

Old 05-25-2009, 11:39 AM

2,901 posts, read 12,727,521 times
I still smoke a bit but i haven't smoked a chemical laden cigarette for many, many years.
Once you smoke chemical free and/or organic cigarettes for a period of time, a name brand like Marlboro tastes like nothing but those chemicals. They are positively disgusting!
For goodness sake, if you're going to smoke, smoke chemical free tobacco!
American Spirit has a variety of cigarettes. Some are totally organic (in accordance with organic growing standards / requirements) and some are not organic but none of them have any chemicals added.
They are more expensive but, i tell you, if you can make the switch from whatever chemical laden brand you are addicted to, you'll be glad you did and better off for it.
And for those who do want to quit or at least cut down one of the ways to facilitate that process is by switching brands. Any smoker knows how we get very attached to our particular brand so changing that part of the addiction can be helpful in breaking the habitual way we smoke.

Old 05-25-2009, 11:12 PM

3,378 posts, read 9,210,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteskye View Post
I still smoke a bit but i haven't smoked a chemical laden cigarette for many, many years.
Once you smoke chemical free and/or organic cigarettes for a period of time, a name brand like Marlboro tastes like nothing but those chemicals. They are positively disgusting!
For goodness sake, if you're going to smoke, smoke chemical free tobacco!
American Spirit has a variety of cigarettes. Some are totally organic (in accordance with organic growing standards / requirements) and some are not organic but none of them have any chemicals added.
They are more expensive but, i tell you, if you can make the switch from whatever chemical laden brand you are addicted to, you'll be glad you did and better off for it.
And for those who do want to quit or at least cut down one of the ways to facilitate that process is by switching brands. Any smoker knows how we get very attached to our particular brand so changing that part of the addiction can be helpful in breaking the habitual way we smoke.
I don't smoke...but a bunch of years ago a friend of mine rolled me a cigarette from loose tobacco. It actually tasted good. Not nasty like the brand name smokes.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:04 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,344,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John From Scranton View Post
I have been a smoker for quite some time now. I have been in and out of the doctors with severe heaviness in my chest and sometime barely able to breathe! ....................There's an awful lot of people I know getting sick, who don't even know the reason why. For a lot of others and those near to them, it's as plain as day what the FSC is really doing. How on earth can they explain to millions of surviving loved ones what they are doing and have done, once their FSC cigarette movement has taken its toll? :think ...you are calling the citizens in this country to dumb to take care of themselves. You are not are parents, stop treating us like you are. I am more than aware the risks of smoking a cigarette yet I still smoke. Tell me should I be able to smoke a cigarette that tastes good and doesnt go out. Yes I should. Thanks for trying though.

BTW, Common sense will tell a person that in order to have something flame retardent it has to have a chemical ADDED!

Ya gotta love it!!! Keep those cigarettes burning! It's my job security!

Old 05-26-2009, 09:53 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,283,607 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsim View Post
since the introduction of fsc I have had a rash on my upper body the itches very bad.Has anybody else had the same problem?

See your doctor this sounds like "Shingles" and it can be painful, and contagious to others and other parts of your body if spread by touching, ie: your eyes etc. objects

Old 05-26-2009, 10:15 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,534,911 times
There is no such thing as a SAFE cigarette.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:41 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,283,607 times
Default Teehee hee

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
There is no such thing as a SAFE cigarette.

This smokers lingo".
anything to justify not quitting
smokers know there is no safe cigarette
ROTL
Good post

Old 05-28-2009, 06:25 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,230,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yhwhshalomjr View Post

See your doctor this sounds like "Shingles" and it can be painful, and contagious to others and other parts of your body if spread by touching, ie: your eyes etc. objects
It doesn't sound like shingles....

Shingles would not spread across the chest, shingles never crosses the midline..

Shingles is not contagious to others ( other than the slight risk of viral shedding to immunocompromised hosts)

Shingles will not spread to other areas of the body via touching.....its the re-activation of a virus thats already present in the nerve roots....you can't spread it....

Old 06-27-2009, 09:26 AM

1 posts, read 3,044 times
I would like to know where and who the people are that are working for all the smokers. We have been forced by guilt to either quit the brand we like because we can no longer afford it, and now we have to smoke cig's that have even more chemicals in them (which is a conspiracy to kill off all smokers...lol). And you know I get so tired of NON smokers treating us like we are lepers .....you don't know me or anything about me ....who are you to set on your hypicritical throne and judge? When I started smoking we didn't have the info out there about all the chemicals in cig's and of coarse by the time that info got out it was too late.... Oh but I bet NONE of you NON smokers drink alcohol which by the way kills just as many people if not more at least I can smoke and still drive.... Why don't they tax alcohol and put chemicals in it to serve the same purpose....It is my choice to smoke as it is a drunks choice to drink ....the difference here is which one do you trust more behind the wheel of a vehicle...thanks for listening to my rant I'm done now ....have a great day

Old 06-27-2009, 09:45 AM

1,462 posts, read 4,868,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John From Scranton View Post
I have been a smoker for quite some time now. I have been in and out of the doctors with severe heaviness in my chest and sometime barely able to breathe! Once I realized the time it started was the same time my state made it a law to have FSC cigarettes I did research on it and I found that they are putting a flame retardant agent on the ciggerettes a chemical called Sodium Silicate and this chemical is very bad for you if inhaled. What do you have to say about this? How long was research done before putting this product on the market?There's an awful lot of people I know getting sick, who don't even know the reason why. For a lot of others and those near to them, it's as plain as day what the FSC is really doing. How on earth can they explain to millions of surviving loved ones what they are doing and have done, once their FSC cigarette movement has taken its toll?
How will they explain why laws they orchestrated to enforce the change of (formerly) common cigarettes to 'FSC cigarettes' were not brought to the attention of the general public? How very much can be expressed by non-smokers and smokers alike on the staggering amount of anti-smoker's hatred, that must drive their organization to a movement of inaccurately and falsely described "fire-safe" cigarettes, that are in reality far more flammable and wildly more dangerous to the personal health of an estimated 55 million people who smoke cigarettes in America?Do they expect anyone of common sense to believe they are somehow unaware of these realities of their enforced "safety" cigarettes?
Seatbelt law.
FSC law.
Helmet law.
Jaywalking law.
People sueing for spilling coffee on themselves.
Government you are not my parents. I am more than aware of the risks of not wearing a seatbelt or wearing a helmet. When you create laws such as the FSC you are calling the citizens in this country to dumb to take care of themselves. You are not are parents, stop treating us like you are. I am more than aware the risks of smoking a cigarette yet I still smoke. Tell me should I be able to smoke a cigarette that tastes good and doesnt go out. Yes I should. Thanks for trying though. BTW, Common sense will tell a person that in order to have something flame retardent it has to have a chemical ADDED!
Ok, I am still shaking my head over this one and let me tell you why. I am a former smoker...40 plus years. I had tried to quit 5 times and finally did the 6th time; bully for me; it wasn't easy so I know how you feel being a smoker. My date that I quit was July 15, 2007. That October, I went to the doctor, all full of myself because I had stopped smoking. She did a complete physical then proceeded to ask me if I had been having chest pain. I said NO. She then asked me if I was having shortness of breath and my answer was...well of course, I am overweight and had smoked for 40 plus years..not smoking now though. She ordered a chest x-ray. Within a day, I get a call from her and she tells me I have to see a cardiologist immediately as I have an upper aortic aneurysm a deadly problem if left undetected and not fixed. So...off I go to the cardiologist and end up with open heart surgery that February. Not only did I have this aneurysm, I also had a damaged valve from...you got it SMOKING. The aneurysm was hereditary and only aggrevated more by the cigarette smoke.

You talk about this new chemical they are adding to the cigarettes?? Did you know that prior to this chemical being added that there are over 500 other chemicals in cigarettes, among them being ARSENIC?? So, you are all hot under the collar about this new chemical but will smoke anyhow knowing there is ARSENIC in the cigarettes? If you don't believe me, check it out on the internet. Look up smoking and cigarettes and you will find the list of chemicals. If the list doesn't scare you then you will probably never quit.

I don't care if people smoke around me, I don't care if you refuse to quit, my son and his wife smoke and it hurts me to see it happening, I see school kids maybe from grade 7 up smoking and it is nuts. Nothing I can do about it. Nicotine is one of the hardest drugs to overcome. It is on the same level as heroin but because heroin is illegal, it gets a far worse rap. Nicotine is just as lethal, just takes longer.

Look, do what you want..smoke until you have not a breath left in your body but know that there are ways out of this addiction and when you are ready or when your body finally betrays you like mine did, you will stop. I hope it is not too late for me for my body to clean itself out from all the nicotine. I do know that I have never felt better...that is for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness