Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 05:04 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,821,950 times

Advertisements

I don't handle heat at all. When it hits 75 at home...I'm headed to the lake for that cool breeze through my hair cruising the boat, or swimming, or jump in the model T and putt on up to the local watering hole for an ice cold beer in a frosted mug. I'm gonna make one more trip this next week up to the glacier, for another big hunk of glacier ice. That stuff is slow to melt. Should last me the summer for ice cubes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2007, 05:43 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,764,805 times
Maybe you could send a chunk of that glacier down to NAH and he could put it under his sheets and cuddle with it!

Old 03-25-2007, 05:51 PM

NAH you should try one of those cooling collars as seen on TV! Has little fans and sits around your neck. Then when you sweat it shorts out and fries your brain? I could just him running down the street screaming and trailing smoke from both ears!

Old 03-25-2007, 08:42 PM

2,909 posts, read 14,083,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
I don't handle heat at all. When it hits 75 at home...I'm headed to the lake for that cool breeze through my hair cruising the boat, or swimming, or jump in the model T and putt on up to the local watering hole for an ice cold beer in a frosted mug. I'm gonna make one more trip this next week up to the glacier, for another big hunk of glacier ice. That stuff is slow to melt. Should last me the summer for ice cubes!

How well do you handle cold? How cold is too cold? I can handle 75 degrees if I dont exert myself, as for cold, not sure but I think anything above zero is tolerable

Old 03-25-2007, 10:09 PM

I handle cold better than heat. I've been out in it all my life. Commercial fishing, hunting, oil feild, winter recreation, you name it. When it gets down around 10 degrees I just have to dress for it. When it gets more than say 35 or 40 below...it's just cold. You can dress for it and use the buddy system to watch for frostbite. Work 15 minutes...warm up for 1/2 hour. 40 or 50 below ambiant with a breath of wind will freeze exposed flesh pretty quick. I've been frost bit before on my cheeks and ears. I looked like bozo the clown for 2 weeks. The fun thing is...you can stand on a second story landing and take a leak...by the time it hits the ground it's froze and bouncing around like marbles!

Old 03-25-2007, 10:19 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,361,189 times
Quote:
I handle cold better than heat. I've been out in it all my life. Commercial fishing, hunting, oil feild, winter recreation, you name it. When it gets down around 10 degrees I just have to dress for it. When it gets more than say 35 or 40 below...it's just cold. You can dress for it and use the buddy system to watch for frostbite. Work 15 minutes...warm up for 1/2 hour. 40 or 50 below ambiant with a breath of wind will freeze exposed flesh pretty quick. I've been frost bit before on my cheeks and ears. I looked like bozo the clown for 2 weeks. The fun thing is...you can stand on a second story landing and take a leak...by the time it hits the ground it's froze and bouncing around like marbles!
WoW! You're brave exposing the little fella to temperatures like that! Doesn't he freeze?

Old 03-25-2007, 10:25 PM

No...he (big Ed) whines a little but he ain't out long!

Old 03-25-2007, 10:31 PM

Quote:

LOL I found that fact funny! As for 10 degrees, are you saying you can be comfortable in summer cloth down to 10 degrees? For me, its about 50 degrees if its sunny with no wind and im not standing still, ie walking. I would say an indoor temp of 70-77 is comfortable shirtless. You seem to have extremely high tolerance to cold. I am thinking ill be able to tolerate cold if its above zero and im dressed for it.

Old 03-25-2007, 11:00 PM

Well...yeah!...

Old 03-25-2007, 11:58 PM

Wow! If I can get a third of your tolerance to cold, I am gonna be in heaven in Oil City and its fairly mild winters
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness