Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 09:19 PM

2,242 posts, read 6,239,509 times

Advertisements

I got a gasmask
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2009, 09:49 PM

1,788 posts, read 3,920,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Yo....chicken little....

You know not of what you speak so just chill and stop trying to cause a panic...

"Prepare or get sick and die... How many US citizens that have "possibly" been infected have died.....um, how about ZERO

Interesting that the official CDC bulletin looks NOTHING like your cry of fire in a crowded theater....

http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu/pdf/HAN_042509.pdf
Suit yourself. This old chicken little is putting on his mask, proud as can be before darting out into the public. Check back here in 2 weeks and lets see who is wrong. Care to place a wager on it?

70 people in Mexico have died from it, that they know of. the strain found so far here in the US is weaker, but the big bad boggie man one from Mexico will be here soon enough.

and the link you provided is for the standard old swine flu documented years ago. This thing spreading now, aint your old chicken soup cured version pal. This is a whole new, unseen before, ballgame .

OINK OINK Big Bag piggy is a comin!

Old 04-25-2009, 09:52 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,009,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
Suit yourself. This old chicken little is putting on his mask, proud as can be before darting out into the public.
Pictures please!!!!

Old 04-25-2009, 09:57 PM

1,788 posts, read 3,920,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
Pictures please!!!!

http://www.anthraxprotection.net/images/mask.jpg

This will be me at the Cary town center tomorrow. Dam Swiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine flu aint gonna get me, no way!

Old 04-25-2009, 09:58 PM

106 posts, read 512,854 times
Quote:
http://www.anthraxprotection.net/images/mask.jpg

This will be me at the Cary town center tomorrow. Dam Swiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine flu aint gonna get me, no way!
lamo luv the suit --does it come in other colors

Old 04-25-2009, 10:07 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Not surgical..N95 is what you want as it can filter the flu particles.
Seriously..keep that in mind. They sell them at Home Depot, Lowes and Drug Stores.
Types of mask recommended when working with attic insulation or sanding in close quarters.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...042702098.html

Old 04-25-2009, 10:12 PM

1,280 posts, read 6,978,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Not surgical..N95 is what you want as it can filter the flu particles.
Seriously..keep that in mind. They sell them at Home Depot, Lowes and Drug Stores.
Types of mask recommended when working with attic insulation or sanding in close quarters.

Face Masks Analyzed As Aid in Flu Pandemic - washingtonpost.com

I appreciate the information.

Last edited by kansas sky; 04-25-2009 at 10:40 PM.. Reason: remove snarkiness

Old 04-25-2009, 10:44 PM

2,314 posts, read 4,797,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
I always carry hand sanitizer in my purse in the event of a pandemic.
Be careful -

Germs are known to mutate and become resistant to anti-bacterial hand-creams, so make sure you use them wisely.

But I still see no reason for alarm now. You have to remember that Mexico is not the best country to get an illness in , and no cases in the US have been deadly.

Of course, I won't be making travel plans to Mexico or go wandering in hospitals unwisely, but I still see no reason for immediate alarm in the US as of now.

Also, this really seems to just be a form of the common cold - and if you look at the statistics, MOST people have recovered. Keep that in mind before all of you call in sick at work and lock yourselves inside for months.

Old 04-25-2009, 10:53 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,953,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth56 View Post
Swine Flu in Mexico
Now thats just great. That means its going to be here in Los Angeles in about an hour.

Old 04-25-2009, 10:56 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,225,081 times
Quote:
Suit yourself. This old chicken little is putting on his mask, proud as can be before darting out into the public. Check back here in 2 weeks and lets see who is wrong. Care to place a wager on it?

70 people in Mexico have died from it, that they know of. the strain found so far here in the US is weaker, but the big bad boggie man one from Mexico will be here soon enough.

and the link you provided is for the standard old swine flu documented years ago. This thing spreading now, aint your old chicken soup cured version pal. This is a whole new, unseen before, ballgame .

OINK OINK Big Bag piggy is a comin!

The "link" I provided is dated 4/25/2009 from the CDC....

But then you obviously know more about this then the folks in Atlanta....right
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness