Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 05:56 PM

2,266 posts, read 2,292,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boilrmkr View Post
When our healthcare system becomes socialized, which is coming soon, the government will choose whether or not you are worth the expense of getting certain expensive treatments. Your life might not be important enough to justify the cost of expensive procedures.

Look out its coming!
That's exactly how our healthcare system is now; the insurance company call the shots and decide if they're going to pay for your treatment, or if they'll deny you for some pre-existing condition. As for the millions of uninsured in this country, they have no choice at all and little access to healthcare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2009, 06:51 PM

2,742 posts, read 7,492,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
cjma79 wrote ( in italics ):
my response in bold
Ok, I think you should know how to quote...
You have use the last icon next to the picture icon.

Quote:
There is no way to know with absolute certainty. It could merely be co-incidental that everyone ( about a dozen people ) I have personally known who took the chemo route...died.
i am sorry to say, but you know a lot of people with or had cancer....

Quote:
There is no way to know with absolute certainty. It could merely be co-incidental that everyone ( 5 people ) I have personally known who followed natural cancer cures survived their run-in with cancer.
OK,

Quote:
Sorry my friend, but I remain unswayed by anyone laying a SHOULD trip on me.
??

Quote:
It's not gonna happen. I'm not willing to do the leg work that your request requires. Let me remind you yet again that I have no desire to prove anything to you or convince you of anything. I mean it.
Leg work, if they are family member or friends you don't remember what they did or take? I mean I know all of the drugs my friends and family are taking (usually because I prescribe them).

Old 05-26-2009, 07:28 PM

3,638 posts, read 6,166,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
What I'm concerned about is any sort of medical care being FORCED on us BECAUSE THE GOVERNMENT SAYS SO that is dangerous to our health with a system that WE PAY FOR !

When you ALREADY have doctors and polititicians avoiding mainstream medicine which they try to force down OUR throats (but wouldn't go near themselves with a 10 foot pole), the prospects of a universal healthcare system being established where WE have the RIGHT to choose both the type of doctor AND the type of treatment we want and have the government pay for it with NO STRINGS ATTACHED are slim to none. I'd LOVE to be proven wrong on this.

But Dearie, you already have that happening now: It's called "Managed Care" or HMO's. The difference is that people who have degrees in accounting tell you what services you're going to have, and they're going to tell you to shove it when you dispute their findings. They're going to take all of the case management nurses out of the facilities (which you would only need if you were actually in a facility) and your premiums will pay them to call you and give you unsolicited "advice" about everything from nose pimples to cancer. Ya know, what you would normally ask your doc about. Hmmm They're going to only pay for one or two treatments by a chiropractor (for example) - one that's really good and is the only practitioner who can treat your back pain (at a reasonable cost). Yet, ironically, once those payments are paid, they'll have you have your doctor refer you to physical therapy that cost three times as much...sighhh...

Healthcare in general is a mess, but it's not just the government that makes (or will make it) worse. There are far more many players in the game. It's big business AND politics. The foxes have watched the henhouses for so long now that they aren't about to give up their dinners. The politicians love the foxes because they keep the campaign coffers plump. Additionally, Pavlov made a fabulous discovery with conditioning. Take drug commercials for example: "Do you suffer from the
agony of acne?" Listen to the "fine print" - may cause "Lymphoma"

Yay! I'll be a great-looking, pimple-free corpse.

Sorry for the sarcasm, but I do believe that people will riot in the streets if anything else is crammed down our collective throats. It rising now. I have also heard this bandied around a number of times before. My question would be how in heck is mandating coverage even remotely "enforceable?" Will the "Constipation Patrol" come and haul me away if I refuse to pay premiums? Pfft! Not realistic at all. Besides, I doubt the monetary gravy train is going to be allowed to derail.

Last edited by cebdark; 05-26-2009 at 07:58 PM..

Old 05-26-2009, 09:48 PM

10 posts, read 11,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernerdgirl View Post
don't worry, those of us who are uninsured have all the freedom we want. if we can't afford to go to the doctor, they can't tell us what to do with our bodies!
But they can tell you what you are going to do with your childs body or remove your child from you. Doctor's are not God but have a God like complex.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:15 PM

10 posts, read 11,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reloop View Post
But Dearie, you already have that happening now: It's called "Managed Care" or HMO's. The difference is that people who have degrees in accounting tell you what services you're going to have, and they're going to tell you to shove it when you dispute their findings. They're going to take all of the case management nurses out of the facilities (which you would only need if you were actually in a facility) and your premiums will pay them to call you and give you unsolicited "advice" about everything from nose pimples to cancer. Ya know, what you would normally ask your doc about. Hmmm They're going to only pay for one or two treatments by a chiropractor (for example) - one that's really good and is the only practitioner who can treat your back pain (at a reasonable cost). Yet, ironically, once those payments are paid, they'll have you have your doctor refer you to physical therapy that cost three times as much...sighhh...

Healthcare in general is a mess, but it's not just the government that makes (or will make it) worse. There are far more many players in the game. It's big business AND politics. The foxes have watched the henhouses for so long now that they aren't about to give up their dinners. The politicians love the foxes because they keep the campaign coffers plump. Additionally, Pavlov made a fabulous discovery with conditioning. Take drug commercials for example: "Do you suffer from the
agony of acne?" Listen to the "fine print" - may cause "Lymphoma"

Yay! I'll be a great-looking, pimple-free corpse.

Sorry for the sarcasm, but I do believe that people will riot in the streets if anything else is crammed down our collective throats. It rising now. I have also heard this bandied around a number of times before. My question would be how in heck is mandating coverage even remotely "enforceable?" Will the "Constipation Patrol" come and haul me away if I refuse to pay premiums? Pfft! Not realistic at all. Besides, I doubt the monetary gravy train is going to be allowed to derail.
You hit the nail right on the head and good for you. I couln't have said it better. I know they don't teach common sence in school as a matter of fact I believe they do teach conformity how to sit, be quite ,move when they tell them to and they are taught to listen to authouritive figures, teachers, doctors ect... As though it's gospel.
there is no wonder some people have a hard time understanding what's going on. No offence..... As far as Chemotherepy is concerned I would not take it. My mother took it, for adenocarcinoma in the colon. My mother passed away after a long and agonising battle. I think more people should start homeschooling.

Old 05-27-2009, 08:27 AM

7,841 posts, read 18,993,789 times
cjma79 wrote:
i am sorry to say, but you know a lot of people with or had cancer....

Leg work, if they are family member or friends you don't remember what they did or take? I mean I know all of the drugs my friends and family are taking (usually because I prescribe them).
When you've been on this planet for 60 years, living in an unhealthy society like the USA, one is bound to know many people who have cancer. I don't recall the specifics because some of this took place more than 20 years ago. I remember one friend who followed a strict Macrobiotic diet for many years to deal with his cancer issues, but I don't know enough about Macrobiotics to describe it intelligently. Google it for more information if you are interested. Another friend went to a Nature Cure clinic in India and followed an Ayurvedic regimen. I have little recollection of the programs followed by the others. As for remembering the details ( EG: what they took ), you are obviously more detail oriented, and more likely to remember specifics because that's what you do, whereas I'm more inclined to remember the big picture and lose sight of the details. Good thing I'm not a doctor, eh?

Last edited by CosmicWizard; 05-27-2009 at 08:42 AM..

Old 05-27-2009, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
When you've been on this planet for 60 years, living in an unhealthy society like the USA, one is bound to know many people who have cancer. I don't recall the specifics because some of this took place more than 20 years ago. I remember one friend who followed a strict Macrobiotic diet for many years to deal with his cancer issues, but I don't know enough about Macrobiotics to describe it intelligently. Google it for more information if you are interested. Another friend went to a Nature Cure clinic in India and followed an Ayurvedic regimen. I have little recollection of the programs followed by the others. As for remembering the details ( EG: what they took ), you are obviously more detail oriented, and more likely to remember specifics because that's what you do, whereas I'm more inclined to remember the big picture and lose sight of the details. Good thing I'm not a doctor, eh?
I see people with cancer every day. But my family has been lucky, no one has or had cancer, I hope that means good genes . My grandfather is 91.
I see what you mean, and yes I remember because is part of my job. Is funny, I really don't know any and I really mean ANY of the names of the Pt on the IM floor, I know them by room number(easier).
So when a Resident comes and ask about a Pt. by name I am lost, and I have to ask them what room are you talking about, once he tells me the room, I know who he is talking about. I can tell you without looking at the computer or chart, their labs result(only the abnormal), all of their medication, and their diagnosis, just don't ask me their names, all the residents already know how I work by now (it has been a year now) so when I am doing rounds and entering a Pt room they tell me the name before I go in.

Old 05-27-2009, 08:59 AM

7,841 posts, read 18,993,789 times
cjma...Interesting how certain things are so easy to remember, and other things are so slippery. I'm like you with names. Unless I have frequent contact with a person, their names just don't register. It think it boils down to really paying attention.

For example, I was listening to the radio on my way to work this morning, and they mentioned the name of one of my co-workers, stating that she had 10 minutes to call number at the station to qualiy for the monthly prize. I didn't have time to write down the number so I had to remember it. Amazingly I remembered the phone number after hearing it only one time. I went straight to her desk and gave her the number to call. She made the call just in the nick of time. If I would have forgotten the phone number she would have had to look it up and would have missed the 10 minute window of opportunity.

Old 05-29-2009, 12:08 PM

1,768 posts, read 3,412,233 times
You are all wrong about us poor folks. President Obama promised us free health care and that is why I voted for him. He is going to pay for this program by promoting abortions.

He is also going to give us a new job and a car to get to work in.

I do not care about the rich people — they can go to one of the elite clinics that are beginning to pop up south of the border.

Old 05-29-2009, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
You are all wrong about us poor folks. President Obama promised us free health care and that is why I voted for him. He is going to pay for this program by promoting abortions.

He is also going to give us a new job and a car to get to work in.

I do not care about the rich people — they can go to one of the elite clinics that are beginning to pop up south of the border.
I am having difficult knowing if this is a joke or you serious?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness