Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 07:47 PM

260 posts, read 904,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
My daughter was extremely ill a few weeks back with all the symptoms of H1N1 except she never ran fever.
CDC has updated their website to state that H1N1 may not produce a fever. A little boy in my son's class tested + for flu and did not have a fever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2009, 09:39 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamHarman View Post
You should know that many scientists fear we will pay for the flu vaccine in a decade or so. There is a reason why the immune system fairs better when it has been subject to a few battles. It's "experienced."

Get the flu vaccine every year and never experience the flu. Eventually one will break through, or researchers won't get the formula right. You will have hundreds of millions of people with completely naive immune systems to the actual flu.

Getting the flu stinks, its not fun, but I believe if you cach it and battle through it, you come out much stronger and with a more experienced and stronger immune for the next go around.
Actually, the flu vaccine 'challenges' the immune system just like getting the flu. There is no difference in antibodies produced in response to vaccine and those produced in response to disease. Not to mention, one's immune system is 'challenged' every day.

Old 10-27-2009, 12:29 AM

187 posts, read 636,125 times
i do not panic,but i am very worried...i do not trust the american tvs and newspapers to finding out and telling all the truth,first thing in such a situation is not to create panic..it is maybe worse then it is presented,so i do not trust!
a girl in elementary school has just died around the area,we are living in and 2 schools were closed..i do not trust this vaccine either..it is new and not long tested,made in a hurry...

something very wrong with these viruses..die on fluviruses???maybe these viruses "escaped" from certain labs..everything is possible...

Old 10-27-2009, 08:21 AM

315 posts, read 776,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisdol View Post
That gave me the shivers. DIC is scary. Its the sudden onset of severe illness associated with this particular strain that has me worried. It seems that most people who get H1N1 who are healthy have your run of the mill flu experience, occasionally get really knocked out, and recover none the worse. Then there are the ones who end up in the ICU or die after a rapid onset of breathing difficulty or cardiac issues, without much warning. I am hoping soon research will reveal something more about what has happened with these particular cases and if there is a common link.

I think if any of my kids get this flu strain, I will be sleeping in their rooms with them to keep a close eye on things.
You have to keep in mind that the flu puts a tremendous strain on the heart. When I was running 104 degree temp for a few days, my heart rate was well above 100 even when lying in bed and at times in the 130s just to get up to use the restroom. I could hear my heart pounding away in my ears when I would lay down in bed. I had a few bad palpitation episodes during the flu too. And the decongestants and theraflu and all those types of medicines affect the heart in a bad way also.

I'll say it again, having just got through this thing, avoid this bad deal at all costs. It's not something you want to catch. Even now, I believe the worst is over, but I'm still weak as can be and tired all day. This was by far the worst illness I've ever experienced. I'm just glad I should be immune to it now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness