Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2016, 08:16 AM

1 posts, read 1,241 times

Advertisements

When a low pressure moves in my body aches, cloudy head and just get the blahs, my wife gets bad migraines, we're originally from PA and didn't realize what was wrong with us because so many fronts move through central Pa, we moved to Az and since there is usually a high pressure in place we felt great, now that the El Niño is in play constant fronts moving through I'm depressed al the Tim and she has a head ache all the time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2016, 11:16 AM

1 posts, read 1,163 times
I have been aware for years about how barometric drops affect my mood. I just started to research my own mood disorder, which is severely affected by dropping barometric pressure. I call it "Falling off the edge of the world". When the barometric pressure is high or medium, then I am on top of the world, feeling great about life, spiritually alive, grateful, energetic for the day and looking forwards to the next day. Once the barometer starts to drop, all hell breaks loose in my thinking department. I can even start to get suicidal in my thinking. The contrast is startling, repetitive and uncontrollable. I have tried "personal awareness therapy", where I write things on my barometer to remind me that it's the drop in air pressure that is doing this to my thinking, and to be aware that it will come to an end. But even with these reminders, suicidal thoughts are there. It's the end of the world for me in my thinking, with me feeling abandoned by God, people, past mistakes haunt my thoughts, and no thought that tomorrow will even come, impending doom and delusions are also common as my thinking deteriorates during pressure drops. It seems to be getting worse as I get older. I have tried pumping multi-vitamins into my system during these pressure drops, hoping to stem the tide of depression that will come. I've tried drinking lots of water, praying, trying to focus on positive stuff, all to no avail. When the pressure drop time comes, then it's back to hopeless thinking again. I am 60 years old now, and this has been happening all my life. I HATE IT because it takes the joy out of balanced living, that most other people have in their lives.

Old 09-14-2016, 02:08 PM

1 posts, read 1,092 times
44/This does mean, that within a short tarns the climactic pressure suffers a rapid change, which announces itself espec- ially very strong at the human being, because at the inside of him in result of these changes of pressure are evoked as well changes in him, and this within the householding of the production of acids, bases and mineral salts, and hormone production. 45/Rapid alternation of pressures retards the secretion of the hormones and electrolytes, because these become themselvse retarded in their production. 46/ln this way the same effect comes to appear, like an overproduction of short time. 47/When then for example too much adrenaline is secreted, then the human being finds excitement and even rage, restlessness, irritability, etc., etc., but which events the same way when the production of adrenaline decreases. 48/ln the same way, adrenaline and noradrenaline work for nervous stimulation means, if they are produced and secretedinpropermeasure. 49/Theexercisednervous stimulation by these chemicals vouches for, while maintained (in balance) , a normal ability of efficiency, which means, that in this way the human being just keeps a normal ability for efficiency. 50/But now if the standard household of the hormones and electrolites gets disturbed, as at the, or because of the fohn-wind, and here just because of its rapid climactic change and pressure, the human body and its organs are influenced, because they cannot accomodate themselves as rapidly to the new pressures, thus many miseries arise, which express themselves as well in bodily as well as by physical forms of appearance. too. as for example by sudden pains of different kinds, by irritability, apathy, depressions, fears, indisposition, slackness and tiredness, sleeplessness and several other troubles. 51/Each according to, how then the human being stands spiritually against these miseries and is able to neutralize them, he is more or less sensitive to them. 52/Labile, weak in will human beings fail very often while in such
states, or they deprive themselves of their life. 54/ Ihe more evolved the human being is by spiritual sight, all the more is he able to control then these things and to master them, by which way he even then fashions his life for the best, when negative in- fluencesfromtheoutsideaffecthim. 55/Thisisthe explanation that was given to me. 56/More I do not know about this.
Meier- lhat's already quite much, and I am content with it.

Contact report 87

Old 02-18-2017, 01:03 PM

4,255 posts, read 5,935,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyfreeze View Post
I have been aware for years about how barometric drops affect my mood. I just started to research my own mood disorder, which is severely affected by dropping barometric pressure. I call it "Falling off the edge of the world". When the barometric pressure is high or medium, then I am on top of the world, feeling great about life, spiritually alive, grateful, energetic for the day and looking forwards to the next day. Once the barometer starts to drop, all hell breaks loose in my thinking department. I can even start to get suicidal in my thinking. The contrast is startling, repetitive and uncontrollable. I have tried "personal awareness therapy", where I write things on my barometer to remind me that it's the drop in air pressure that is doing this to my thinking, and to be aware that it will come to an end. But even with these reminders, suicidal thoughts are there. It's the end of the world for me in my thinking, with me feeling abandoned by God, people, past mistakes haunt my thoughts, and no thought that tomorrow will even come, impending doom and delusions are also common as my thinking deteriorates during pressure drops. It seems to be getting worse as I get older. I have tried pumping multi-vitamins into my system during these pressure drops, hoping to stem the tide of depression that will come. I've tried drinking lots of water, praying, trying to focus on positive stuff, all to no avail. When the pressure drop time comes, then it's back to hopeless thinking again. I am 60 years old now, and this has been happening all my life. I HATE IT because it takes the joy out of balanced living, that most other people have in their lives.
I have found that falling barometric pressure frequently adversely affects my mood. More me it often shows up as social anxiety, if I happen to be out doing something. Anxiety and irritability.

My biggest issue at this point, however, is the drop in energy that falling barometric pressure frequently causes for me. It even makes me feel less coordinated. (I also have had bad sinus symptoms in connection with falling barometric pressure, but I think I may have finally found a cure for that; except for the symptoms caused by really major changes in barometric pressure in connection to storm systems.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness