Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 09:44 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,621,897 times

Advertisements

My lowest as an adult is when i joined the Navy at 17 back in the 80's and i still remember my Military ID Card stating 145 Lbs so i was tall and super skinny back then. I use to count all my ribs for laughs back then.

The heaviest was back in the 90's when i got into Body Building big time in which i weighed 235. That's very good for an Ectomorph to be that heavy and muscular.

Now i'm happy at 220 as i just want to be thin and muscular and not the strongest or biggest dude like when i was younger and i'm into longevity and all research points to low calories and low weight helps certain longevity Genes express themselves so we'll see i guess...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2008, 11:31 PM

214 posts, read 270,681 times
Im 5'2 I have always been thick as a teen but not fat. I Seemed to have always stayed right around 200. Back in 2000, while pregnant with my 2nd child, I was bed ridden for the last 3 months due to diabetics. I gained almost 60 pounds while pregnant. After I had him, he weighted 11.8 oz (c-section) my weight was around 240ish. I went on the the depo shot and gained another 20 pounds. I was living off of soups, crackers and dry bread trying to lose weight, I was still slowly gaining weight. My doctor suggest getting off the shot since it can and does cause some women to gain up to 50 pounds, so I went on the pill. Within a month I had gained another 10 pounds. So after dealing with my sons colic and all the weight gain I had made up my mind I would just have my tubes tied, I was done no more, no more puppies for this hound dog. I started noticing my hair was falling out almost in clumbs, I always had thick long strong red hair hair, the now it was duel and not so shiney, I always had long natural strong nails, but they was brittle and yellowish, my nerves was a wreck, my heart would race, I was getting depressed, for me I rarely ever allow myself to get depressed. I had so many symptoms...I kept going to the doctors telling them something was wrong, they just said its hormones, postpartum depression, i'd be fine. I knew it was more, I finally found a doctor who agreed and ran extensive test. I had hypothyroid disease, my levels was so low from not only having went undiagnosed for so long and had been complicated by my being a diabetic that the doctor put me in the hospital right then and there and told me my heart could stop at any time, he also went on to tell me to get my level back up to safe zone, the larger then normal doses could trigger a heart attack to, so he wanted me on a heart monitor. I never had a heart attack but I did have some scarey moments where my heart beat so fast I felt I would pass out. Finally after a week or so it was normal. However by then I weighed almost 400lbs. A doctor come in and asked me if I would be interested in having gastric bypass, I told him I wanted to research it and see if I could lose the weight on my own. I was on a strict 1000 calorie diet a day after 6 months I had only lost 19 pounds. 6 months later I had the full RYN gastric bypass. Today I weigh 180 pounds and im happy where I am. I no longer suffer from diabetic or high blood pressure. I got down smaller but everyone kept asking me why I looked so sick, im just not ment to be a small woman, and I am so very happy and healthy today, I don't care if anyone else thinks im still "fat" I went from size 52 jeans to 14-16, I have defined hourglass shape, I still have boobs and curves, so im happy.

Old 03-13-2008, 12:40 AM
GLS

1,985 posts, read 5,380,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leana76 View Post
I weigh a normal 130lbs. now.
So what was your highest and your lowest??

6 pounds 4 oz., 18 inches at point of launch to 235 lbs, 6ft currently with ship tilted to port. Waves of significant up and down throughout 61 years of voyage. Don't know what "normal" is physically, and trying hard to avoid concept of "adulthood" mentally.

Old 03-13-2008, 12:47 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,480,822 times
My lowest weight was 8 and a half pounds. My highest weight was...no way...not going there lol!

Old 03-13-2008, 07:30 AM

27,345 posts, read 27,397,752 times
My highest was 141, and that was at 9 mos pregnant. All my pregnancies were hardly visible up until around the 8th month or so. My lowest was about 104, but that was in my early 30's. Im at 113 now, and am....well, I wont tell you my age!

Oops, I didnt include my birth weight, 7-and-something pounds....

Old 03-13-2008, 07:57 AM

1,590 posts, read 4,575,830 times
I am 6'3" 195lbs max adult weight 205lbs (6 years ago) minimum adult weight 185lbs (12 mts ago)
I am 41 and play full court basketball once or twice a week for a couple of hours with younger guys. BMI last I checked was about 19% not sure how accurate that number is.

Old 03-13-2008, 08:00 AM

2,238 posts, read 9,756,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leana76 View Post
I weigh a normal 130lbs. now.

My highest was 152lbs.
I gained that much when I had worked night shift, in the Army, for about 3 months. I hated it. So, they switched me back to day shift and I began losing it. I lost it by jogging a lot and cutting back a lot of stuff of what I was eating.

My lowest was 118lbs.
I had gotten divorced and was living with a musician at the time. So, I worked out EVERY single day and ate more veggies than anything else. Also did a lot of dancing on the weekends because of his gigs at different clubs every weekend.

So what was your highest and your lowest??
Hmmm...lowest was about a year ago at 103 lbs. I stopped eating for about a month after a really bad breakup and bottomed out about that spot.

Highest would have to be when I was pregnant with my son 24 years ago, I topped out at 145.

Right now I'm at my normal 118-120, which is what I've been since I was in high school (I'm 45 now). I have stayed at that weight since high school with only two pregnancies and the incident last year being different. I'm between 5'7" and 5'8" tall, so I am on the thin side, but that's very normal for me.

Old 03-13-2008, 09:07 AM

184 posts, read 1,544,851 times
I'm 5 ft 5 inches tall. My lowest weight was 100 lbs for a few months when in my early/mid forties and under severe stress due to marriage problems. When I'm under major stress I lose my appetite entirely. My highest weight was 145 lbs when pregnant at age 35, I was back down to 120 two weeks after giving birth but 'crept' up to 145 again a couple of years later when my son hit the terrible twos and I began grabbing cake and other carbs to keep my energy level up throughout the day. My metabolism used to be able to burn up carbs and starches before age 40 but not anymore! By eliminating all but complex carbs and high fiber from my diet, I have kept my weight between 115 and 120 for the last 8 or 9 years. My ideal/comfort weight is 117/118 which is what I always weighed from age 17 to 34. If I go under 115 lbs I start to look gaunt, and if over 120 lbs I start to look pudgy.

Old 03-14-2008, 02:47 AM

604 posts, read 1,186,089 times
Default Bmi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by S6Sputnik View Post
I am 6'3" 195lbs max adult weight 205lbs (6 years ago) minimum adult weight 185lbs (12 mts ago)
I am 41 and play full court basketball once or twice a week for a couple of hours with younger guys. BMI last I checked was about 19% not sure how accurate that number is.
Really nice to hear you're still ballin' at 41. Full court???? Nice. I'm sure you're in great shape. BMI is meaningless to me. The only way you could have a 19 BMI is if you weighed like 155. At 6'3/195 you're only a 0.6 away from the "overweight" category. BMI does not apply to athletes. During my last routine exam, the nurse said she was going to calculate my BMI. I told her it didn't matter. I told her it would call me fat. She was like "Nooooooo". Then she does the math, and doesn't believe the number. So she checks her calculation. Same thing. Fat. Muscle ways more than fat there honey. I'm weighing around 178-182 these days. But put me next to another 180 pounder who doesn't play ball, is not athletic, and has no visible muscles, and then tell me again who's fat.

I always thought this is the ONE game I could win at the state fair. The guess your weight game......think I got it. I get guessed at 150 all the time.

Old 03-14-2008, 08:15 PM
TCK

166 posts, read 565,462 times
lowest 126
highest 209
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness