Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2010, 09:54 AM

1 posts, read 4,235 times

Advertisements

I was recently made aware of the disorder by someone who then showed me this picture.

[mod] no copyrighted images allowed [/mod]

and I came to realize that my son also has almost every symptom listed

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/7...jupiteris2.jpg

My wife and I are young, and sometimes I question what she does home alone while I'm at work (she has no job). She's a very irresponsible person and it's very possible that she could have been drinking behind my back while pregnant. I'd like the opinions of others on the subject. Please help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2010, 09:56 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,682,607 times
This is a question for your pediatrician.

Old 10-25-2010, 10:02 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,780,434 times
Wouldn't you rather have the opinion of a medical professional who can examine your child up close and personal? Especially since you're only looking at a picture of typical physical attributes, which are ALSO seen in many people who don't have FAS.

I mean, even if you were planning on going by what you read on the internet, you'd learn that there are LOTS of symptoms that have nothing to do with facial features...

You should check further than just a photograph. Your son looks adorable. It'd be a shame for you to make assumptions about his health based on a photograph on the internet and the opinions of strangers who have never met him, and have no - or questionable - medical expertise.

Old 10-27-2010, 04:47 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
Do not go on features, after all, his eyes look fine to me. Usually children with FAS have vision problems. Have him assessed if you feel like he has the other problems, for example, speech problems, cognitive issues, and gait and balance issues. He looks fine to me, you can't base FAS on a picture.

Old 10-27-2010, 05:08 PM

2,178 posts, read 9,577,641 times
Your child "looks" normal to me. The only actual FAS child I ever saw had bad eyes, was almost deaf and had a completely different distinct look and was mentally challanged. I think your child is beautiful!

Old 10-28-2010, 09:53 PM

1,265 posts, read 3,461,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
This is a question for your pediatrician.
Agreed. There is absolutely no way to accurately diagnose FAS (or any other known medical or mental health problem) unless a trained, licensed professional examines the individual in person. Any doctor who tries to diagnose a mecial problem based on a few sentences and a photograph is acting unethically, and anyone else who tries to do so is practicing medicine without a license, which is a crime in most, if not all states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness