Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 02:26 PM

152 posts, read 260,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by russiaonline View Post
I was talking about Pribalts, not you personally.
How many people from Baltics you know and how long have you lived there?

Quote:
This regime saved Latvia from fascism. But, looks like for you fascists are not nazis (you may use the term nationalists, if you wish), but their enemies. Right?
Nazis definitely are even more fascist than commie pigs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2012, 03:48 PM

30 posts, read 69,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss Kiss Bang Bang View Post
Not that many people actually supported nazism. Probably not more than in Russia. But I admit that many supported the fact that germans kicked bolsheviks out of Latvia. NKVD behaved here very nastily and any power that kicked their butts were seen as liberators. And no one actually praises nazism as ideology here. It is very simple - your enemy's enemy is your friend.
Exactly. After the way the Russians had behaved in the Baltics during 1940-41, many saw the Germans as the lesser evil, and saw collaboration as a possible way of regaining their independence.

Old 11-13-2012, 04:45 PM

1,725 posts, read 2,067,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss Kiss Bang Bang View Post
How many people from Baltics you know and how long have you lived there?
Did you think for a minute what kind of response you may get? It will be the ugly one...

Statement of the National Front of Latvia for the media

As we all know, first to Latvia in June 1940, the Nazis occupied the red under Stalin. Then the German Nazis occupied Latvia, driving the redfascists.

Still later, the red fascists again and permanently occupied Latvia, driving the brown plague. If the Soviet Germans, liberating Latvia, remove from Latvia, we have honored them as heroes. Not only that they are not cleared from Latvia, the Soviet Union send to Latvia a million of their fascists who bred in terrible for the Latvian people and the number is still poison the lives of Latvians.

your chairman LNP Aivar Garda

How many supporters does he have? Enough to launch a criminal investigation... but this is not happening...

There is more:

World Of Islam Portal - Islam, Quran, Hadith, Nasheeds and more..

When four months passed after the well-known events in Moscow, when the Chechen sabotage unit of Shaheeds «Riyadus Salihiin» captured the building of the theater in Moscow (on Dubrovka), the Leader of National Front of Latvia Aivars Garda expressed his opinion concerning these events in his interview to DDD newspaper.

I think the group of Chechens who seized the theater in Moscow was not a group of terrorists, but they were heroes of the Chechen nation. Those who call heroes terrorists are actual terrorists. These people were carrying out an important combat mission right in the heart of the enemy soil – in Moscow. It must be said that those wonderful Chechen girls and brave young men managed to do it successfully.

Calling awful terrorists heroes...

Some ugly photo evidence:

A popular nazi calendar reproduction in Latvia (the same one is printed in Estonia):

?????? ??????? ?????? ??????? - ? ?????? ????????? «??????????» ????????? ?? 2012 ???

I don't understand Latvian, but somebody translated it as: Germany protects your home and encourages you! Your work - also struggle against Bolshevism!

????? ?????????, ? ??? ? ???????? :: IMHOclub - ?????????? ?????? ??????

The director of this Latvian kindergarten explained that this is part of "a program for social and ethical
advancement of children":

SS uniform wasn't enough - they weared a third reich eagle with swastica as well...

The guy on the left is a Latvian Parliament deputy:

The text for these photos on a kindergarten website:

"The soldiers, whom we commemorate this day, before the war were ordinary men - fathers, sons. They had a family where there were children, grandchildren, brothers and sisters. To Homeland approaching enemies *. Then the fathers and the sons were soldiers, sacrificing his life to save what they loved more than life. No hatred for the enemy gave them the strength to fight and the wings of courage, but the love of his family, his land, his people.

Remembering and being proud of everyone who fought for us to now be able to live on their most beautiful in the world and speak Latvian ground on the most beautiful in the world, Latvian, March 16 morning, the children garden "Sovushka" guests arrived, two Latvian men - Normunds Erums and Ivo Lembergs of association "Latvian soldiers."

They were dressed in the most real form ** Latvian legionnaires and to introduce children to the most real military weapons *** Legion, clothing, equipment, daily routine and daily duties of soldiers. As it turned out, the interest in young boys to this military weapons was even more than their own.

Commemorated and honorable heroes of today had once were as young boys, they played in the war, shot from toy guns and toy throwing grenades. Children should grow in real Latvian men, and if need be - to become the new heroic shift. The soldiers also were once children. "

* The "enemy" refers to the anti-Hitler coalition troops.
** "A real form" - a form of the Latvian SS Legion.
*** "The most real guns" - weapons of Hitler's army.

rovego.livejournal.com/2521083.html

A day in Latvian school - children should know their SS heroes:

And you called me fascist for defending Soviet arrests of Latvian nazis... Reality check - almost all Russians will do the same. Which means that we are all, except for select few, fascists for you...

Quote:
Nazis definitely are even more fascist than commie pigs.
And how do you call neonazis, who live in great numbers in Pribaltica?

Old 11-13-2012, 06:04 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,463,986 times
Quote:
And you called me fascist for defending Soviet arrests of Latvian nazis...
You still haven't provided any proof that most, or even many, of the people Stalin deported to Siberia were Nazis. Many of them were just farmers who had to be eliminated so the Soviets could force everyone into a kolkhoz.

Do you believe Stalin was justified in deporting and murdering hundreds of thousands of Baltic people in order to collectivize their agriculture against their will?

Old 11-13-2012, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Many of them were just farmers who had to be eliminated so the Soviets could force everyone into a kolkhoz.
If you claim that too many innocents were arrested - prove it. Official info is that they were criminals. Soviet and Pribaltian archives contain the exact crimes - nothing was hidden. They don't contain enough evidence by modern standards - but back then things were different.

Quote:
in order to collectivize their agriculture against their will?
Almost all people elected the pro-Soviet government. Germans, during the occupation, recounted the votes - elections were fair.

It was 90% of people repressing 10%, and arresting those, who resisted really hard - like with terrorism. Just like it happened in Russia.

Old 11-13-2012, 06:19 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,651,677 times
Quote:
Nazis did this:

During the German occupation of Latvia its population declined by 400,000 (20%).
313 798 Soviet citizens (including 39 835 children) and 330,000 imprisoned Soviet soldiers were killed.
279 615 people were taken to Germany for forced labor.
Germans destroyed most of the economy.

SU liberated it, and turned Latvia into what it is today (not much has been built in the past 2 decades). Notice the difference?

It's all about money (at least for politicians).
The Soviet Union liberated Latvia ?

Old 11-13-2012, 06:23 PM

152 posts, read 260,854 times
Quote:
Did you think for a minute what kind of response you may get? It will be the ugly one...

Statement of the National Front of Latvia for the media

As we all know, first to Latvia in June 1940, the Nazis occupied the red under Stalin. Then the German Nazis occupied Latvia, driving the redfascists.

Still later, the red fascists again and permanently occupied Latvia, driving the brown plague. If the Soviet Germans, liberating Latvia, remove from Latvia, we have honored them as heroes. Not only that they are not cleared from Latvia, the Soviet Union send to Latvia a million of their fascists who bred in terrible for the Latvian people and the number is still poison the lives of Latvians.

your chairman LNP Aivar Garda

How many supporters does he have? Enough to launch a criminal investigation... but this is not happening...
This Aivars Garda is a complete nutcase. His organization consists of 10 people at most. If you would ask people on the streets of any Latvian town 'who is Aivars Garda?', the only answers you would get would be 1) Never heard of him; 2) He is a clown. The thing is that even so called nationalists don't do business with him. And very very few people even know him. He hasn't appeared on TV for years.

Quote:
Some ugly photo evidence:

A popular nazi calendar reproduction in Latvia (the same one is printed in Estonia):

?????? ??????? ?????? ??????? - ? ?????? ????????? «??????????» ????????? ?? 2012 ???

I don't understand Latvian, but somebody translated it as: Germany protects your home and encourages you! Your work - also struggle against Bolshevism!

????? ?????????, ? ??? ? ???????? :: IMHOclub - ?????????? ?????? ??????

The director of this Latvian kindergarten explained that this is part of "a program for social and ethical
advancement of children":

SS uniform wasn't enough - they weared a third reich eagle with swastica as well...

The guy on the left is a Latvian Parliament deputy:

The text for these photos on a kindergarten website:

"The soldiers, whom we commemorate this day, before the war were ordinary men - fathers, sons. They had a family where there were children, grandchildren, brothers and sisters. To Homeland approaching enemies *. Then the fathers and the sons were soldiers, sacrificing his life to save what they loved more than life. No hatred for the enemy gave them the strength to fight and the wings of courage, but the love of his family, his land, his people.

rovego.livejournal.com/2521083.html

A day in Latvian school - children should know their SS heroes:

And you called me fascist for defending Soviet arrests of Latvian nazis... Reality check - almost all Russians will do the same. Which means that we are all, except for select few, fascists for you...
About those photos. Such kind of posters where distributed by nazi propagandists in all occupied territories in local languages. Nothing special. On internet you can find much more nazi photos, articles and posters in Russian, I assure you.
Educating children about their country's history is kinda normal thing I believe. The fact that they exhibit uniforms and weapons of that time is even better. Kids like that kind of stuff. I also went to Latvian school and believe me - there is NOTHING that in any way glorifies nazism, fascists or nationalsozialism. Not a single word. They tell about Latvian tragedy when Latvians had to fight against Latvians because before Hitler created Latvians Waffen SS, bolsheviks already had managed to conscript many Latvians. This is our tragedy that never will be forgiven to Hitler and Stalin.

Quote:
And how do you call neonazis, who live in great numbers in Pribaltica?
First of all, I haven't had an opportunity to call them in any way because I haven't ever met even one single skinhead in my life. You see, unlike in Russia, we don't have so much neonazi stuff going on in Latvia. And I'm not talking only about absolute numbers but also about the percentage. But if someday I'll meet any, I will think out some nasty s.h.i.t.

Russian skins in action:

Russian Skinheads attack anti racism festival - YouTube

Racist riots in Russia - ABC 101214 - YouTube

Old 11-13-2012, 06:28 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,463,986 times
Quote:
Almost all people elected the pro-Soviet government. Germans, during the occupation, recounted the votes - elections were fair.
That's hilarious. You're actually trusting Nazis to correctly count votes now?

There were no free or fair elections in Latvia, Estonia, or Lithuania between 1939 and 1991. None at all.

It's clear that you're a mindless Soviet propagandist, since you seem utterly unable to recognize the monstrous crimes of the Soviet régime while instead pointing fingers and blaming its victims.

Fortunately it's now 2012 and your favorite empire died 20 years ago, and it's never coming back. And by the way, I spent a total of 6 months in the USSR in 1985 and 1989, so I know very well what it was like. Were you even alive then?

Old 11-13-2012, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
The Soviet Union liberated Latvia ?
Liberated from nazism, to be exact. For nazis this wasn't liberation at all.

Old 11-13-2012, 06:41 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,481,395 times
The Baltic republics, like Finland, were in the position of siding with Hitler simply based on the accident of the fact that Stalin attacked their countries.

If we can justify the U.S. siding with Stalin by reference to our national interest, we certainly can justify much smaller countries allying on the other side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History