Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 07:58 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,561,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
You're helpless, совок...
Were you trying to help me?

(I'm still waiting for biblical verses that can serve as a basis for constitution))))
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2012, 09:51 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,798,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Were you trying to help me?
Yes, sobok, I was trying to make you aware that the world outside Russia sees your soviet history very differently than what you were taught in Soviet union.

Quote:
(I'm still waiting for biblical verses that can serve as a basis for constitution))))
Ha, ha. How about verses of Quran than can serve as constitution?

Do you realize that the Bible, Christian ethics and Canon law were all foundations of legal systems of not just one but each and every European nation at one point or another in their history?

Last edited by rebel12; 12-02-2012 at 10:26 PM..

Old 12-02-2012, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Yes, sobok, I was trying to make you aware that the world outside Russia sees your soviet history very differently than what you were taught in Soviet union.

Do you realize that the Bible, Christian ethics and Canon law were all foundations of legal systems of not just one but each and every European nation at one point or another in their history?
Nice try.

Quote:
You are not a Christian so you can't even understand how absurd is your theory.
And yes, of course you can turn a bible into a constitution or a law,
These are your words, so prove them with verses that can serve as ground for constitution.
(I've already showed you how many churches Stalin opened ( and didn't close, in spite of all your drivel,) so everything you are saying again is basically your own projections, your assumptions as usual that can't stand up to scrutiny...
So go ahead, and we'll talk about Koran later...

Old 12-03-2012, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Nice try.

These are your words, so prove them with verses that can serve as ground for constitution.
(I've already showed you how many churches Stalin opened ( and didn't close, in spite of all your drivel,) so everything you are saying again is basically your own projections, your assumptions as usual that can't stand up to scrutiny...
So go ahead, and we'll talk about Koran later...
I already quoted Wikipedia which repeats after historians who believe it was all a ruse:

Wikipedia:

Hitler invaded the Soviet Union in June 1941, and many churches were re-opened under the German occupation. Stalin ended the anti-religious campaign in order to rally the country and prevent a large base of Nazi support (which existed in some areas in the early stages of the invasion).

and here:

Joseph Stalin revived the Russian Orthodox Church to intensify patriotic support for the war effort and presented Russia as a defender of Christian civilization, because he saw the church had an ability to arouse the people in a way that the party could not and because he wanted western help.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persec...e_Soviet_Union

Can you read or maybe you believe that with your dubious soviet education you know more about history of Soviet union than historians?

You also claimed Quran, as opposed to Bible, can be turned into a constitution to which I responded that the Bible, its ethical teachings and Christian canon law were the foundations of legal systems of all European countries. I don't understand what is surprising to you here. The fact that Europe has been Christian for over a thousand years? The fact that European civilization has been founded on Christianity?

Hitler and Stalin were two people who wanted to uproot Christianity from our civilization replacing it with their own ethical systems and as a result they created monstrosities responsible for mass murders and human suffering on an unparalleled scale.

Of course Hitler was an atheist as he rejected Christian social and ethical teachings: he rejected the core of Christianity.

Last edited by rebel12; 12-03-2012 at 05:38 AM..

Old 12-03-2012, 05:17 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,204,998 times
I strongly suspect Hitler was demonicaly possessed. What would that him?

Old 12-03-2012, 07:44 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,204,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I strongly suspect Hitler was demonicaly possessed. What would that him?
I meant "what would that make him?"

Old 12-03-2012, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I meant "what would that make him?"
You should rather ask: "what would that make me"? Lol

Old 12-03-2012, 10:09 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,395,835 times
Quote:

Actually Paganism was the foundation for most legal and political systems in Europe. Juries are a Norse Pagan institution. Constitutions, Democracy and Republics come from Pre-Christian Greece and Rome. The precursors to parliaments were the Norse Althings. Most of Europe runs on codified civil law which was a pre-Christian Roman invention.

The only real area of law in which Christianity is at the foundations is common law's matters at equity.

On the other hand if you want to argue that Christianity served as the foundation of law for divine right of kings and absolute monarchy then I won't argue, but the Constitution is the antithesis of that.

You cannot really turn the Bible into any form of Constitutional law because the bible does not support anything aside from rule by people chosen by divine right e.g. kings, profits, judges. It is irreconcilable with electoral democracy or a Republican form of government.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Actually Paganism was the foundation for most legal and political systems in Europe. Juries are a Norse Pagan institution. Constitutions, Democracy and Republics come from Pre-Christian Greece and Rome. The precursors to parliaments were the Norse Althings. Most of Europe runs on codified civil law which was a pre-Christian Roman invention.

The only real area of law in which Christianity is at the foundations is common law's matters at equity.

On the other hand if you want to argue that Christianity served as the foundation of law for divine right of kings and absolute monarchy then I won't argue, but the Constitution is the antithesis of that.

You cannot really turn the Bible into any form of Constitutional law because the bible does not support anything aside from rule by people chosen by divine right e.g. kings, profits, judges. It is irreconcilable with electoral democracy or a Republican form of government.
Not really. Laws are based on ethical systems and European laws reflect Christian ethic which is based on moral teachings of the Bible.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:23 PM

Quote:
I already quoted Wikipedia which repeats after historians who believe it was all a ruse:

Wikipedia:

Hitler invaded the Soviet Union in June 1941, and many churches were re-opened under the German occupation. Stalin ended the anti-religious campaign in order to rally the country and prevent a large base of Nazi support (which existed in some areas in the early stages of the invasion).

and here:

Joseph Stalin revived the Russian Orthodox Church to intensify patriotic support for the war effort and presented Russia as a defender of Christian civilization, because he saw the church had an ability to arouse the people in a way that the party could not and because he wanted western help.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persec...e_Soviet_Union

Can you read or maybe you believe that with your dubious soviet education you know more about history of Soviet union than historians?

You also claimed Quran, as opposed to Bible, can be turned into a constitution to which I responded that the Bible, its ethical teachings and Christian canon law were the foundations of legal systems of all European countries. I don't understand what is surprising to you here. The fact that Europe has been Christian for over a thousand years? The fact that European civilization has been founded on Christianity?

Hitler and Stalin were two people who wanted to uproot Christianity from our civilization replacing it with their own ethical systems and as a result they created monstrosities responsible for mass murders and human suffering on an unparalleled scale.

Of course Hitler was an atheist as he rejected Christian social and ethical teachings: he rejected the core of Christianity.
I see - hot air as usual...
So how many churches Stalin has closed out of 22,000 by 1950?
And how about those biblical verses that can serve as a basis for constitution?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History