Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 11:14 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,003,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega-Weiss View Post
Sadly I have to agree with this comment. My biggest problem with Afrocentrism. What started off as an attempt to discover hidden history that's about africa and/or involved africans has been corrupted. Now it's nothing more than a history heist which is no different than whitewashing. Now as for a black roman emperor......are you serious? I've never heard of such a thing. Then again I'm not a student of the roman empire.
Actually there have been three confirmed African Popes. So I don't think an African Roman Empire would be as far-fetched as you think it would be.

Pope Victor I (189 AD – 198/199 AD)
St. Pope Victor I - Saints & Angels - Catholic Online

Pope Miltiades (July 2, 311 AD–January 10, 314 AD)
Pope St. Miltiades - Catholic Encyclopedia - Catholic Online

Pope Gelasius I (March 1, 492 AD– November 21, 496 AD)
Pope St. Gelasius I - Catholic Encyclopedia - Catholic Online

Old 01-23-2014, 03:38 AM

4,660 posts, read 4,121,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
I've have already discussed this whole "Egyptians vs Arabs" thing with you on the Africa forum so I will not dive deep into the subject matter again. I don't want this thread to get too off topic than it already has. We all know a certain poster exposed you for having a hidden agenda, so there is no need to go any further on that specific subject.
Rubbish. You did not "dive deep" there. In fact, you did not present one piece of scientific evidence. If you are not going to accept the conclusion of the scientists, then you should state why.

Quote:
Again you fail to realize that I could care less about color. Your trying to make it seem like I care about what specific skin complexion a certain ethnic group is. You keep accusing me of being Afrocentric and yet I keep proving you wrong.
Rubbish on its face. It is all you care about.

Old 01-23-2014, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Actually there have been three confirmed African Popes. So I don't think an African Roman Empire would be as far-fetched as you think it would be.

The "African Emperor" was Septimius Severus. His sons also followed him. He was half north African, and his son a quarter, but again, North Africans are largely descended from back migrated Caucasians. Here are some more of those studies you loves so much. You won't read them, but everyone else will:

These are not the same ones I have already posted about Egypt, but others focusing on different areas of north Africa. You see, there are liteally dozens if not hundreds of them out there. Because I am aloud to post a "snippet," I will even go ahead and let you know what the scientists conclude:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...tool=pmcentrez[/SIZE]

Thus, we propose that the Neolithic transitionin this part of the world was accompanied by demic diffusion ofAfro-Asiatic–speaking pastoralists from the Middle East.

BMC Genetics | Full text | Mitochondrial DNA transit between West Asia and North Africa inferred from U6 phylogeography

suggested a West Asian origin for theautochthonous North African lineage U6.

The mtDNA Legacy of the Levantine Early Upper Palaeolithic in Africa

that allowed humans to enter the Levant, openingthe way to the colonization of both Europe and North Africa

European Journal of Human Genetics - Abstract of article: Human Y chromosome haplogroup R-V88: a paternal genetic record of early mid Holocene trans-Saharan connections and the spread of Chadic languages

) may have been carried to Africa by anAsia-to-Africa back migration in prehistoric times.

The complex and diversified mitochondrial gene... [Ann Hum Genet. 2009] - PubMed - NCBI[/

Ourfindings show that the Berber mitochondrial pool is characterized by an overallhigh frequency of Western Eurasian haplogroups...

PLOS ONE: Introducing the Algerian Mitochondrial DNA and Y-Chromosome Profiles into the North African Landscape

From the beginning, a prominent mtDNAEuroasiatic genetic component was observed in the Northern areas occupied byMorocco [5] and Egypt [6],

The questionable contribution of the Neolithic and the Bronze Age to European craniofacial form

and recent human craniofacial dimensions supports thepicture documented by genetics that the extension of Neolithic agriculture fromthe Near East westward to Europe and across North Africawas accomplished by a process of demic diffusion (11–15)....

Old 01-23-2014, 10:34 AM

8,632 posts, read 13,003,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
The "African Emperor" was Septimius Severus. His sons also followed him. He was half north African, and his son a quarter, but again, North Africans are largely descended from back migrated Caucasians. Here are some more of those studies you loves so much. You won't read them, but everyone else will:

These are not the same ones I have already posted about Egypt, but others focusing on different areas of north Africa. You see, there are liteally dozens if not hundreds of them out there. Because I am aloud to post a "snippet," I will even go ahead and let you know what the scientists conclude:

A Predominantly Neolithic Origin for Y-Chromosomal DNA Variation in North Africa[/SIZE]

Thus, we propose that the Neolithic transitionin this part of the world was accompanied by demic diffusion ofAfro-Asiatic–speaking pastoralists from the Middle East.

BMC Genetics | Full text | Mitochondrial DNA transit between West Asia and North Africa inferred from U6 phylogeography

suggested a West Asian origin for theautochthonous North African lineage U6.

The mtDNA Legacy of the Levantine Early Upper Palaeolithic in Africa

that allowed humans to enter the Levant, openingthe way to the colonization of both Europe and North Africa

European Journal of Human Genetics - Abstract of article: Human Y chromosome haplogroup R-V88: a paternal genetic record of early mid Holocene trans-Saharan connections and the spread of Chadic languages

) may have been carried to Africa by anAsia-to-Africa back migration in prehistoric times.

The complex and diversified mitochondrial gene... [Ann Hum Genet. 2009] - PubMed - NCBI[/

Ourfindings show that the Berber mitochondrial pool is characterized by an overallhigh frequency of Western Eurasian haplogroups...

PLOS ONE: Introducing the Algerian Mitochondrial DNA and Y-Chromosome Profiles into the North African Landscape

From the beginning, a prominent mtDNAEuroasiatic genetic component was observed in the Northern areas occupied byMorocco [5] and Egypt [6],

The questionable contribution of the Neolithic and the Bronze Age to European craniofacial form

and recent human craniofacial dimensions supports thepicture documented by genetics that the extension of Neolithic agriculture fromthe Near East westward to Europe and across North Africawas accomplished by a process of demic diffusion (11–15)....

Again, you seem to obsess with skin color and constantly bring up racial ideologies of Eurocentrictism that doesn't hold much merit in the ancient world. You seem to also be obsessed with proving that North Africans ancestry are foreign/Non-African in origin. The problem with your type of agenda is that it is ultimately a losing one. If you trace back all of those foreign ancestry DNA will eventually go back to Africa anyway if you go back far enough in time. There is no denying that the overwhelming majority of scientists and genealogists agree that humanity started in Africa. It probably would have happened centuries ago if society wasn't so racist(hence we wouldn't have had ideologies like "Scientific Racism"). What's funny is that even a couple of your links show that Human DNA originally traces back to the African continent. So in a sense you are contradicting yourself in your own postings.

Old 01-23-2014, 01:04 PM

11 posts, read 16,555 times
Quote:

I never considered it as "far-fetched" I was just saying that I've never heard of it.

Old 01-23-2014, 01:16 PM

11 posts, read 16,555 times
Quote:
Again, you seem to obsess with skin color and constantly bring up racial ideologies of Eurocentrictism that doesn't hold much merit in the ancient world. You seem to also be obsessed with proving that North Africans ancestry are foreign/Non-African in origin. The problem with your type of agenda is that it is ultimately a losing one. If you trace back all of those foreign ancestry DNA will eventually go back to Africa anyway if you go back far enough in time. There is no denying that the overwhelming majority of scientists and genealogists agree that humanity started in Africa. It probably would have happened centuries ago if society wasn't so racist(hence we wouldn't have had ideologies like "Scientific Racism"). What's funny is that even a couple of your links show that Human DNA originally traces back to the African continent. So in a sense you are contradicting yourself in your own postings.
I agree that person seems to be the one focused on color however he didn't really contradict himself.

"back migrated Caucasians"

The fact that he's saying they back migrated indicates that he believes they originated from that area. So even if those links show how Human DNA originally traces back to Africa it still agrees with and supports his statement.

Regardless though it doesn't matter. Caucasoid or not they're still african in origin.

Old 01-24-2014, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Again, you seem to obsess with skin color
The thread is explicitly about skin color. The OP talks extensively about phenotypes. If you don't want to talk about it, then you should not be on this thread. The last thing I need is a lecture from a guy like you who does not respond to what is being said and will not read scientific evidence that deflates the world that he had created for himself.

Quote:
and constantly bring up racial ideologies of Eurocentrictism
The Op explicitly said that Greek learning came from Sub-Saharan Africa, which is demonstrably untrue. It is not Eurocentrism to tell the truth. This is the umbrella under which you support bogus arguments by attacking those who would correct them.

Quote:
that doesn't hold much merit in the ancient world.
If there is one thing that is apparent, you know absolutely nothing about he ancient world and refuse to learn when the information is put in front of your eyes. Have you even attempted to source anything that you have said on this or any other thread?

Quote:
You seem to also be obsessed with proving that North Africans ancestry are foreign/Non-African in origin.
I have proven it. It is a done deal. You now have the option of educating yourself with the dozens of scientific studies I have posted. You won't take it, but they are there.

Quote:
The problem with your type of agenda is that it is ultimately a losing one.
Actually, I have posted the truth as recognized by science. You can continue on with the intellectual equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and making childish noises if you like- the thousands of people who view this and the other thread still have the truth of the best scientists in the world who have studied the subject in front of them

Quote:
If you trace back all of those foreign ancestry DNA will eventually go back to Africa anyway if you go back far enough in time.
Sophomoric at best, but largely incorrect. The haplotypes I am talking about evolved in Asia.

Quote:
There is no denying that the overwhelming majority of scientists and genealogists agree that humanity started in Africa.
Which does not make the Egyptians black or Greek learning Sub-Saharan, two things that the OP is explicitly stating.

Quote:
It probably would have happened centuries ago if society wasn't so racist(hence we wouldn't have had ideologies like "Scientific Racism").
Non-sequitar. not worth response.

Quote:
What's funny is that even a couple of your links show that Human DNA originally traces back to the African continent.
Completely irrelevant for reasons explained above.

Quote:
So in a sense you are contradicting yourself in your own postings.
In no sense what-so-ever am I contradicting myself. You simply haven't understood what little you have endeavored to read.

POST SCRIPT:

If indeed you have read through some of the studies, do you now, finally understand that there is very little Arab input in Egypt, and that the Eurasian DNA comes from Pre-historical times?

Old 05-07-2014, 01:07 AM

1 posts, read 1,583 times
.... If you think white washing took place back then. Look at now. Whites are now trying to claim Ethiopians as Caucasian. It really does look pathetic, and they have been doing this for centuries, claiming other cultures and trying to identify with others.
They have been lying to the world for so long that even they believe their lies. They don't realize what they are doing because they are so use to doing it.

Telling the truth about what they do is blackwashing? And their lies are white washing, but the lies are accepted, while the truth is rejected. What's next? Once they see northern Nigerians, will they try to claim them as well? These people have a lot of nerve and it is annoying how they try to steal our history or claim our culture and ethnicities. If they had any real pride at all, they wouldn't be trying so hard to be identified with brown ethnic groups and claim other people the way that they do. they already claimed a lot of african history as being caucasian... Now they are claiming Ethiopia. Soon they will be claiming others as well. They are also trying to claim native americans, and natives are upset about this. Think white man cares? No. It makes him feel good about himself to be identified with another culture that fascinates him, and he can take what he wants. You already stole their land, and erased a lot of their culture, now you are after their identity as well? You people have no respect.

Last edited by MiMi5578; 05-07-2014 at 01:13 AM.. Reason: Typo

Old 05-07-2014, 02:56 AM

1,600 posts, read 1,889,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiMi5578 View Post
.... If you think white washing took place back then. Look at now. Whites are now trying to claim Ethiopians as Caucasian. It really does look pathetic, and they have been doing this for centuries, claiming other cultures and trying to identify with others.
They have been lying to the world for so long that even they believe their lies. They don't realize what they are doing because they are so use to doing it.

Telling the truth about what they do is blackwashing? And their lies are white washing, but the lies are accepted, while the truth is rejected. What's next? Once they see northern Nigerians, will they try to claim them as well? These people have a lot of nerve and it is annoying how they try to steal our history or claim our culture and ethnicities. If they had any real pride at all, they wouldn't be trying so hard to be identified with brown ethnic groups and claim other people the way that they do. they already claimed a lot of african history as being caucasian... Now they are claiming Ethiopia. Soon they will be claiming others as well. They are also trying to claim native americans, and natives are upset about this. Think white man cares? No. It makes him feel good about himself to be identified with another culture that fascinates him, and he can take what he wants. You already stole their land, and erased a lot of their culture, now you are after their identity as well? You people have no respect.
I do imagine how many proofs you have that "whites" (therefore something like 800 million people) try to "whitewash" Blacks.
Sure.

Old 05-07-2014, 08:45 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
I think you should start by educating yourself about actual history, not just history as posted on random internet blogs. Black washing as a response to previous white washing isn't furthering anyones understanding or education.
So can we summarize by saying that history has been gray washed? There are kernels of truth in both arguments the only problem is there is a lot of gray in the genetic history of North Africa and southern Europe. The bifurcation of who is black and who is white isn't as clear as some would like and more than others would care for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History