Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2007, 11:41 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,602,856 times

Advertisements

Detectives Richard M. Sims and Elmer "Sonny" Boyd handled hundreds of prisoners in their 20 years as partners in the Dallas Police Department.

But they never saw a suspect as cool under fire as the one they met on Nov. 22, 1963: accused assassin Lee Harvey Oswald.

"That's what got me – how could he be in this position and be so calm?" Mr. Boyd recalled earlier this month. "If I had just shot two people, I would be pretty nervous, but he wasn't."

Lawmen at Lee Harvey Oswald's side remember prisoner | WFAA.com | News: Local News (http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/localnews/stories/112207dnmetsonnyboyd.1dd2c77.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2007, 03:52 PM

2,636 posts, read 6,650,253 times
Well of course he was cool, his birthday was October 18th. We're all like that.

Old 12-01-2007, 12:23 PM

1,226 posts, read 3,646,094 times
Having rather recently written a report about the J.F.K. murder and what role Oswald really did play, I have my opinion about this matter...

Oswald looking so cool on all the photos of him after his arrest can both make one think he didn't do it, and that he did do it.

If he didn't do it, he's looking calm because he knows he is innocent (though one would think that someone having been arrested for a police murder AND for murdering the president would look pretty terrified).
And if he did it, his calmness just supports the picture of his coldbloodedness that the Warren Comission makes such an effort to prove.

Old 12-03-2007, 01:19 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,462,246 times
Det. Richard Sims's statement that Jack Ruby called the police station later the same day (Friday) of the assassination would indicate Ruby's interest in getting himself into the police station where Oswald was being held. He later rubbed out Oswald in public two days later on Sunday. But to protect whom? This is such an obvious cut-out that one would have expected an organized crime (or some kind of organization) angle to the JFK assassination to have been thoroughly investigated.

//
During one interrogation on Friday – the evening of the assassination – Mr. Sims left Oswald's presence to take a phone call.

The caller was an old acquaintance: a local nightclub owner by the name of Jack Ruby.

"He said he was down at Sol's Turf Bar and he said, 'I got 30 sandwiches made up and some drinks.' He wanted to bring them down in case we didn't have time to get something to eat," Mr. Sims recalled.

Mr. Sims declined Ruby's offer. Later that weekend, they would have occasion to talk again.
//
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History