Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 03:58 PM

43 posts, read 35,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
Did you not read the link I provided? The route was not planned until between November 8th and November 14th. In that at the time Oswald secured his job, no one had any idea yet whether or not the motorcade would be passing by the book depository, the notion that Oswald was planted at that job specifically to facilitate the murder, is a non starter.

Do you just want to believe what you wish regardless of the available facts?
Thank you for the reply. Now, as to the facts -- you will not find enough of them in the Warren Report, which is what you link to. If you are convinced that what is written in the Warren Report (including the aforementioned dates) is as pure as the driven snow, then I would ask that you dig a bit deeper and read some of the truly scholarly works on the assassination. The Warren Report is a collection of half-truths baked in fiction with some facts sprinkled on top for good measure.

We do know that the Dallas trip was planned far in advance of Oswald "securing" the job at the TSBD. The route was certainly chosen such that it would follow Elm Street in order to frame Oswald at his supposed place of employment. I use the term "frame" loosely, because he was absolutely in on the plot. But he was not a shooter. Nor did he know he was going to be the patsy until it was too late. This is where the facts take us, where the truth lies, and where angels fear to tread.

There are a number of scholarly works that cite facts and actual sources that support my statements. Not gonna get into that here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2016, 05:05 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,129,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colobuff View Post
Thank you for the reply. Now, as to the facts -- you will not find enough of them in the Warren Report, which is what you link to. If you are convinced that what is written in the Warren Report (including the aforementioned dates) is as pure as the driven snow, then I would ask that you dig a bit deeper and read some of the truly scholarly works on the assassination. The Warren Report is a collection of half-truths baked in fiction with some facts sprinkled on top for good measure.

We do know that the Dallas trip was planned far in advance of Oswald "securing" the job at the TSBD. The route was certainly chosen such that it would follow Elm Street in order to frame Oswald at his supposed place of employment. I use the term "frame" loosely, because he was absolutely in on the plot. But he was not a shooter. Nor did he know he was going to be the patsy until it was too late. This is where the facts take us, where the truth lies, and where angels fear to tread.

There are a number of scholarly works that cite facts and actual sources that support my statements. Not gonna get into that here!
The above is all irrelevant distraction. Either the facts I presented regarding when the plans were made and finalized are accurate, or they are not.

If they are not, then please submit the specific evidence that you have which establishes this. Unless you can, then we are dealing with the reality that at the time Oswald took the job, there was no one aware that that the presidential motorcade would be passing by that building. Consequently, the idea that Oswald was planted there specifically for purposes of assassinating the president, is false.

I am not at all interested in your vague, general assault on the Warren Commission. I will consider facts, not characterizations.

Old 03-31-2016, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
The above is all irrelevant distraction. Either the facts I presented regarding when the plans were made and finalized are accurate, or they are not.

If they are not, then please submit the specific evidence that you have which establishes this. Unless you can, then we are dealing with the reality that at the time Oswald took the job, there was no one aware that that the presidential motorcade would be passing by that building. Consequently, the idea that Oswald was planted there specifically for purposes of assassinating the president, is false.

I am not at all interested in your vague, general assault on the Warren Commission. I will consider facts, not characterizations.
Let's agree to close this out this healthy exchange and let the topic go back to, well, the topic. You are welcome to reply again if you wish. I won't.

I have neither the time nor inclination to present sources and facts to those that do not wish to seek them out by reading scholarly works on the JFK crime. There are copious amounts available to anyone who wants to go beyond the official mythical story, and the information in these works is presented more cohesively than I could ever hope to do. Please consult them. A great starter would be James Douglass' "JFK and the Unspeakable."

You seem certain that the Dulles' (sorry, I mean Warren) Report is completely factual, and above reproach. There was a time when I too was impressed by the Report. I was even a definitive "Oswald did it" guy. But these days for fiction I prefer Clive Cussler or James Rollins.

Old 03-31-2016, 07:01 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,501,960 times
All I know...if everyone had cell phones like we do today...we'd have a lot more than a grainy 8mm film to go by. Thank God for Abraham Zapruder...or was he part of the conspiracy, too!

Old 03-31-2016, 09:54 PM

Yep, all the cell phone cameras are gonna make it hard to ever repeat a JFK-style hit. Nope, the Z-man was not part of the conspiracy.

Now, regarding 1/20/17: you don't expect it to yield anything consequential, do you? Those files were sanitized long ago.

Old 03-31-2016, 10:08 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,081,696 times
At Barkdsdale AFB in Louisiana processing out for reassignment. One of the offices had a TV in it and the News spread like wild. We were already in a Defcon 3 situation and really expected we would be climbing into our birds and delivering packages to Russia before the day was over. Looking back it was a scary thought realizing that for a few hours we were within 5 minutes of WW3

Old 03-31-2016, 11:08 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,017,691 times
8th grade history class.............my teacher was a total stern faced bioch..........she openly wept........

Old 04-01-2016, 12:54 AM

1,047 posts, read 1,014,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Eight seconds is a pretty long time--lots of people can run nearly a hundred yards in eight seconds, and the angular velocity of the vehicle from Oswald's viewpoint was not great. That feat has been duplicated several times since then by half-way decent riflemen--it's not extraordinary.

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townn...size=300%2C300
And remember the shooter did not have to work the action of the rifle three times in eight seconds, but rather twice, since the count starts with the first shot. Not rapid fire at all.

Old 04-01-2016, 02:39 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,431,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
All I know...if everyone had cell phones like we do today...we'd have a lot more than a grainy 8mm film to go by. Thank God for Abraham Zapruder...or was he part of the conspiracy, too!
You're so right jfk........ we'd have probably hundreds of different angles of phone images, if such an event happened today. I have watched the Zapruder film many times over the years....... slow motion...... frame by frame. The same as millions of other folks I guess.

I have read of the apparent ease Oswald left America to live in Russia, and then decided he wanted to return home. No problem!!........ Plus the stories of President Kennedy's head wounds being altered to destroy evidence of shots from the front.

I think President Kennedy came in as a war hawk in 1961, but by 1963 had become a man who wanted peace. He was in private correspondence with Khrushchev in Russia, and they seemed to be looking for a better relationship between the two countries. He himself, was removed from office the year after Kennedy's death.

President Kennedy did not have time to become a great President. I believe he would have achieved this in his second term. He was a man of such great promise. I believe he was removed by coup d'etat, no different than seen in many other countries throughout history.

The importance of his death can not be overestimated. If just one story is true, that he had stated he had no intention of allowing the conflict in Vietnam to become a major war, involving American armed forces is telling. Just that alone, would have saved the lives of over 58,000 personnel. Plus the many thousands injured, many left with devastated lives.

The man who benefited most from his death, Johnson, became President as he so desperately desired. The job was a poisoned chalice, and he left office in 1968 a broken man. Then came Nixon, another man who couldn't quite remember accurately where he was when Kennedy was murdered, and told at least three different accounts of his whereabouts at that time.

Another man who benefited was Gerald Ford. As Warren Commission member, he pressed the panel to change it's description of the bullet wound on President Kennedy's back, and place it higher to make the 'magic bullet' theory plausible. He became President after Nixon's removal. Photos of President Kennedy's shirt, show a hole much lower in the back than the official account.

There are other's still alive, who achieved high office, who just happened to be in Dallas that day. In defense of some of these people, the atmosphere of the time is hard to grasp by young people today. We were in the grip of an arms race, and fear of nuclear war. Many saw themselves as patriots, just trying to protect America from harm. The domino theory was taken as fact, and there was fear of Communism marching onwards. The Hawks didn't want a peacenik President.

The murder of President Kennedy is drifting into history..... many of it's witnesses have died. His brother, who probably would have become President, was also murdered. We will never know what sort of President he may have become. Instead, America got Nixon.

Last edited by English Dave; 04-01-2016 at 04:01 AM..

Old 04-01-2016, 04:51 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,924,785 times
chillin like a villain on the grassy knoll
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History