Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2017, 03:08 PM

18,544 posts, read 18,810,472 times

Advertisements

http://www.historyofroyalwomen.com/c...c-plane-crash/

A very sad end to this young wife and mother who was giving birth its said when her plane crashed killing all ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2017, 03:23 PM

520 posts, read 602,497 times
It's was very tragic, and I feel so bad for Princess Alice, Cecilie's mother, who had already endured so many deaths and murders in her family. By the time of the plane crash she had lost a huge amount of her close family to assassinations. Cecilie's daughter, Johanna, died of meningitis 1.5 years after the crash. This apparently tipped Alice over the edge even more as she had said that Johanna looked like Cecilie as a child and it felt like losing her all over again.

Old 03-14-2017, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramercy View Post
It's was very tragic, and I feel so bad for Princess Alice, Cecilie's mother, who had already endured so many deaths and murders in her family. By the time of the plane crash she had lost a huge amount of her close family to assassinations. Cecilie's daughter, Johanna, died of meningitis 1.5 years after the crash. This apparently tipped Alice over the edge even more as she had said that Johanna looked like Cecilie as a child and it felt like losing her all over again.
so sad.... I didnt know much about Philips family except where he was born in Corfu.... I had viewed the palace in a passing boat some years ago while on holiday... wasnt it also awful how the treatment Alice had from Freud on her womb back then could have caused so much more problems for this poor woman.. he had treated her with x rays..thanks for your input there Gramercy.. very interesting.

Old 03-14-2017, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
so sad.... I didnt know much about Philips family except where he was born in Corfu.... I had viewed the palace in a passing boat some years ago while on holiday... wasnt it also awful how the treatment Alice had from Freud on her womb back then could have caused so much more problems for this poor woman.. he had treated her with x rays..thanks for your input there Gramercy.. very interesting.
Philips mother Alice was awarded this for her services to Jews helping them during the second world war. In 2010, the Princess was posthumously named a Hero of the Holocaust by the British Government

Old 03-14-2017, 05:45 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,330,894 times
Wasn't Phillip's mother not allowed to attend his wedding because of the German ties of the family?

I think Elizabeth allowed her to live with them which was making a statement.

Or do I have my royals in Phillip's family confused?

Old 03-14-2017, 09:58 PM

520 posts, read 602,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post
Wasn't Phillip's mother not allowed to attend his wedding because of the German ties of the family?

Alice attended the wedding. It was his sisters who weren't invited because they were German princesses by marriage and the wedding took place only a few years after the war ended.

Old 03-15-2017, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post

No Alice his mother was at the wedding. Im a bit confused though at why the Royals took 20 years to have the ladies body taken to Jerusalem where she had asked to be buried... its said that family had said to her before she died. that it was too far to go and visit her grave and she answered jokingly.... theres a bus passes there.

Last edited by dizzybint; 03-15-2017 at 03:46 AM..

Old 03-15-2017, 03:43 AM

31,987 posts, read 27,126,778 times
Princess Alice of Battenberg; now there is life begging to be covered by a mini-series or film.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince..._of_Battenberg

Tragedy and sadness simply would not leave Princess Alice alone, but trailed around after her like a pet spaniel.

Old 03-15-2017, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Princess Alice of Battenberg; now there is life begging to be covered by a mini-series or film.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince..._of_Battenberg

Tragedy and sadness simply would not leave Princess Alice alone, but trailed around after her like a pet spaniel.
yes true her husband an open philanderer.. her children taken from here.. put into an asylum, had x ray treatment done by Freud on her womb to stop her sexual frustration.. how dare a woman be frustrated...

Old 03-15-2017, 06:27 AM

15,219 posts, read 10,358,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
http://www.historyofroyalwomen.com/c...c-plane-crash/

A very sad end to this young wife and mother who was giving birth its said when her plane crashed killing all ...

How horrible - even the baby girl died shortly after from meningitis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History