Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 06:34 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,758,251 times

Advertisements

I could make those shots, no sweat. I think the people who think it impossible have little experience with bolt action rifles. And with a Lee-Enfield (smoother and faster than the Carcanno) I can get off 5-8 aimed shots in the time allowed, I'm faster and smoother than this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV5pS...eature=related

Last edited by Irishtom29; 03-27-2009 at 06:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2009, 08:00 PM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Default doubts still linger

There probably was a conspiracy to set everything up. Not sure if Oswald was the lone gunman but latest forensics points that way. Too many unexplained things happened outside just the shooting. Like the sudden rerouting of the motorcade. If the original route was adherered to Oswald would not have been in position to shoot the president.

The 6.5 Italian carcano was considered a junk gun. You could buy it at a Klien's dept store for less than $25. Norma was the only manufacturer who sold the 6.5 ball ammo. Any marksman worth his salt would have handloads or at least spent some time to see how the commercial Norma ammo printed with that rifle and scope. Seems to me that if you were going to do something that dramatic you would get a better weapon. Something still stinks about the whole thing. Told my kids not to believe what they were taught in school about the assasination.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:24 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,041,152 times
Sfff, why do we keep rehashing "who" killed Kennedy instead of trying to figure out why he was killed? If we find out why he was killed it will point us at the true person who wanted him killed.

YouTube - Was It Johnson ? - Part 1

YouTube - The Men Who Killed Kennedy - Part 1 - 1 of 5

Last edited by Morphous01; 03-27-2009 at 08:47 PM..

Old 03-27-2009, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
The 6.5 Italian carcano was considered a junk gun. You could buy it at a Klien's dept store for less than $25. Norma was the only manufacturer who sold the 6.5 ball ammo. Any marksman worth his salt would have handloads or at least spent some time to see how the commercial Norma ammo printed with that rifle and scope. Seems to me that if you were going to do something that dramatic you would get a better weapon. .

The Carcanno is not a junk gun. It's a modern rifle shooting a high velocity, low trajectory bullet with workmanlike accuracy. You don't need to be a marksman to make that shot and kill a man; millions were killed on 20th Century battlefields with such rifles and by people that were shooters not marksmen. The rifle was a capable tool for the job.

If this was a conspiracy it's the most incredible in history; do you reallly believe such a wide ranging conspiracy with scores, if not hundreds, of participants could really be held secret, that NOBODY talked or leaked? It's beyond belief. Hell, there were only a handful of people, all from the same political and social class, involved in Caesar's murder in even in that simple conspriracy word leaked out before the murder though Caesar chose to disregard the warnings. And yet a supposed conspiracy involving such disparate and unreliable groups as (take your pick) renegade CIA people, Cuban exhiles, Fidel Castro, the KGB, rouge military men and the Mafia has held water? C,mon man, sounds like something from James Jesus Angleton.

What about Garfield and McKinley? Are there secrets there too?

Old 03-27-2009, 09:06 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,041,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
It's beyond belief. Hell, there were only a handful of people, all from the same political and social class, involved in Caesar's murder in even in that simple conspriracy word leaked out before the murder though Caesar chose to disregard the warnings. And yet a supposed conspiracy involving such disparate and unreliable groups as (take your pick) renegade CIA people, Cuban exhiles, Fidel Castro, the KGB, rouge military men and the Mafia has held water?
If I may interject, I would submit that your comparing two different time periods. In regards to our modern world, each man is more dependent on the next, more then ever before; this combined with political figures that subscribe to organizations that take oaths to secrecy to gain power creates a condition where a total blackout/cover up is highly probable.

Old 03-27-2009, 09:25 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
I thnik the conspiracy theroies have have raised more questions about the people who form them than anyhting. Too many theories that have been debunked. It does sell alot of books tho and a few movies.

Old 03-27-2009, 09:27 PM

939 posts, read 3,386,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
If I may interject, I would submit that your comparing two different time periods. In regards to our modern world, each man is more dependent on the next, more then ever before; this combined with political figures that subscribe to organizations that take oaths to secrecy to gain power creates a condition where a total blackout/cover up is highly probable.
I agree, if it was a conspiracy those that knew the truth kept quiet simply out of fear. If they could kill the President they could kill anyone (you, your family). No one could protect you.

Old 03-27-2009, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
An odd and unsubstantiated assertion. I submit that human nature has not changed in the past 2000 years and also that the antique Romans were more dependant on personal relations than we are.

Oaths are nothing new. Neither is breaking them.

Old 03-27-2009, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGlenn View Post
I agree, if it was a conspiracy those that knew the truth kept quiet simply out of fear. If they could kill the President they could kill anyone (you, your family). No one could protect you.

Then it would follow that Johnson must have killed the plotters just as Claudius killed Cassius Charea. No president can allow president killers to go unpunished. And rational men would know that. However an irrational person like Oswald wouldn't care.

So your argument works against the possibility of a plot rather than for it.

Old 03-28-2009, 12:42 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
I'd ahrdly trust Oswald in any conspiracy to do anythihng. Now many have come up with a Bobby Kennedy two shooter conspiracy. Conspiracies everywhere it seems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History