Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 06:40 AM

2,370 posts, read 7,765,660 times

Advertisements

I wouldn't be too surprised if he doesn't get pelted by a few frozen pucks during a putt sometime soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2008, 07:03 AM

41,991 posts, read 75,279,142 times
Two minutes for unsportsmanlike conduct.

Old 06-04-2008, 07:18 AM

870 posts, read 1,627,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Tiger, if you were 1/2 the man most hockey players are, maybe you'd also have a brain to think with. Your statements are as retarded as the masses who follow you around the golf course, sippin their lattes, wearing clashing IZOD outfits, and clapping ever so gently so they dont break their precious nails. So please, carry on with your ridiculous Buick commercials, and dont get any dirt under your nails when you pull up those fancypants to pick your golf ball out of that schnazzy little hole in the ground. Moron.
no...he's just smart...it has nothing to do with being less of a man. i guarantee you he makes tons more money than those hockey players and doesn't put his body through near as much as them.

Old 06-04-2008, 07:20 AM

1,590 posts, read 4,577,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireKwame View Post
''I don't really care. Let's talk about the Dodgers,'' the California native said. ''I don't think anybody really watches hockey any more.''

Tiger Woods scoffs at Stanley Cup final

What the heck??? I like Tiger, but I think that was a pretty silly thing to say.

It okey, I have never watched Tiger or GOLF and I buy Adidas basketball shoes etc as NIKEs shoes never fit me right, take that you, you non athlete who plays a garden sport for old whimps!

Old 06-04-2008, 07:29 AM

2,790 posts, read 6,356,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow73 View Post
I wouldn't be too surprised if he doesn't get pelted by a few frozen pucks during a putt sometime soon.

Dang!!!! Don'tcha just hate it when the enemy says something clever and you agree with it???? Good one, Stromcrow73, but the Wings are still the better team!

Old 06-04-2008, 08:02 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,372,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICoastieMom View Post
Dang!!!! Don'tcha just hate it when the enemy says something clever and you agree with it???? Good one, Stromcrow73, but the Wings are still the better team!
Well, a broken clock IS right twice a day!!! LOL LOL LOL

Old 06-04-2008, 08:03 AM

2,370 posts, read 7,765,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICoastieMom View Post
LMAO!!! they haven't lifted that cup yet....

Old 06-04-2008, 08:51 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,667,443 times
That was uncharacteristic for Tiger. He's usually classier than that. He could have just said he isn't interested in hockey and left it at that, rather than take a jab at the entire sport.

Old 06-04-2008, 12:16 PM

687 posts, read 2,033,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Tiger, if you were 1/2 the man most hockey players are, maybe you'd also have a brain to think with. Your statements are as retarded as the masses who follow you around the golf course, sippin their lattes, wearing clashing IZOD outfits, and clapping ever so gently so they dont break their precious nails. So please, carry on with your ridiculous Buick commercials, and dont get any dirt under your nails when you pull up those fancypants to pick your golf ball out of that schnazzy little hole in the ground. Moron.
Darn.

Someone write this down.

The day Mi_Mom agrees handily with Steve-O. This wasn't written in the rule books Steve.

(I'm kidding. Just seems like I bristle at some of our...communication here. Not this one!)

Old 06-04-2008, 12:33 PM

687 posts, read 2,033,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by booker_one View Post
no...he's just smart...it has nothing to do with being less of a man. i guarantee you he makes tons more money than those hockey players and doesn't put his body through near as much as them.
And money makes the world go round?

Something golf will never hold over hockey. The beauty of the sport. Flaws and all. And PASSION. The art of skating. Puck control and movement. How often do you see a golfer 'lay it all out there'. There is no passion. There is no emotion except when they pump their arm a few times when making a whole in one or getting maybe a birdie.

To be able to sacrifice your body, mind and soul for a sport. To leave it all there. To play with everything you have. That says something. It says something about dedication, passion, teamwork and a sense of emotion with the sport they play.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey