Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 04:56 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times

Advertisements

sofas and loves need to match, but a sofa and chair can be different. have fun, you are finding some great things
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2011, 05:20 PM

1,057 posts, read 2,418,502 times
WHich one of those chairs do you like better?

Old 11-27-2011, 06:45 PM

1,844 posts, read 3,937,716 times
My favorite chair of those you suggested is this one:

Accent Chair Champagne | Overstock.com

But then, I'm the one who likes the idea of calm, neutral colors to complement your red sofa and I think from what you are saying, you may prefer a more colorful approach...

Old 11-27-2011, 07:12 PM

I actually really like that chair as well. I am still open to ideas as I haven't made up my mind yet as far as whether to go with calm color to complement the sofa or go all wild

Old 11-27-2011, 08:09 PM

the black & white zebra rug or damask B&K chairs would look stunning with red. the shape of your couch will point you in the direction for the shape of your accent chairs. the bright floral loveseat you posted awhile back, was very straight lined and the arm was a traditional style. your sofa has a pillow arm. the straight chairs would match either way because all you posted had no arms.

your first couple of purchases will put you on track for your calm or not choices. one buy leads to another. I would try whatever you wanted if if it doesn't look good take it back

Old 11-27-2011, 09:12 PM

So are you saying because the sofa has a pillow arm, I should go with straight lined chairs? I think most chairs I saw didn't have arms anyways. My dilemma right now is should I get print pattern chairs or solid colors. What do you think?

Were you talking about this chair? I really love the modern look of this chair, but can't see myself getting 2 of them, can I mix & match the accent chairs or should i get 2 identical chairs?
Attached Thumbnails
OMG I bought a red sofa, now what?-chair.jpg  

Last edited by DCmum; 11-27-2011 at 09:24 PM..

Old 11-27-2011, 09:56 PM

Kid's Shoe Chair | Overstock.com How fashionable are these chairs?

Old 11-27-2011, 10:57 PM

your sofa
Addison - Sofa And Loveseat
you posted this cute love seat, but look at the arm on it. if you were to pair it in the room with your sofa it might work but I think the styles are too different.
angelo:HOME Ennis Floral Loveseat with Pillows | Overstock.com

you want to try to bring in the same shapes for the most part. if you start looking at furniture you can see they make the pillow backs differently. sometimes they are more squared or they are a tight back. the arm can be flush with the front of the sofa or set back, it can be rolled or more squared. don't get hung up on it but just be aware of the overall details when matching something up. they should suit each other in style and color. like, you really wouldn't want to put a brass/gold lamp in a room that has all nickel finishes.

I think you do need something with color or pattern, be it a bold rug or toss pillows and keep your chairs neutral. you can bring in the color in your accessories.

once you find one thing that will help you see what else you want. until you buy another chair or rug or wall art you have too many choices and lots of ideas to make you wonder what direction to go. get something, a jumping off point and go.

I think the shoe chairs are great.

Old 11-27-2011, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCmum View Post
So are you saying because the sofa has a pillow arm, I should go with straight lined chairs? I think most chairs I saw didn't have arms anyways. My dilemma right now is should I get print pattern chairs or solid colors. What do you think?

Were you talking about this chair? I really love the modern look of this chair, but can't see myself getting 2 of them, can I mix & match the accent chairs or should i get 2 identical chairs?

you don't have to get two identical chairs. two different chairs would be way more fun. just make sure to tie them together with color, or shape. something has to unify them if they are different from each other.

Decorating Ideas for Living Rooms – How to Decorate a Living Room - Country Living
trying to find an example for you.

pick 3 & 4 take out one of the matching chairs and the room would still work with the two chairs being different.

here on pic. 6 even though you can't see it well. one accent chair is in a yellow and the other is in a strip that has some of the same yellow in it. they also used that color through out the room to unify it.

Old 11-27-2011, 11:19 PM

I see what you're saying. Getting that jumping off point is what is hard though Like you said, too many choices. Crazy enough, I am thinking about getting the shoe chairs and going with a very girly decor. I wanna get the pink ones. So, 2 pink shoe chairs + a red sofa, what do you guys think ?

Last edited by DCmum; 11-27-2011 at 11:36 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating